“Great Place:)”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Modesto, California
“Great Place:)”
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Very charming and clean!! Not the Hilton by all means but for a historical building it's very nice and well kept. Parking was right across the street and to the right, behind a great coffee/deli place. Very convenient as far as walking distance to shopping, visitor center etc. Would go back just to get the one on one help they gave us. They knew our name, and it made me feel like at home. Would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Our room was on wilson street on the far right corner, so we had a little traffic but it slow and no...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you for your reply. Being a Historic Hotel 105 years old this August we know that Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 is not your regular hotel / motel and are very excited about this. As you stated we are not the Hilton but we are Historic Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 and give one on one service to all our guest, a beautiful one of a kind room (48 different rooms for your stay) for each guest and an experience that only a night at Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 can offer. Once again thanks for staying with us and we look forward to meeting again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Vista, California
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Charming Historical hotel. Great character. The entire staff is exceptional. The new General Manager, Dade Vincent, goes beyond expectations as does his entire staff. They are great. Nice location, walk to great restaurants....antique shops, etc. . . Skip the Marriot's and the Hyatt's and soak up some histyoric charm.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
As that General Manager along with my entire staff we wish to thank you. I want to personally say as with all my guest replies it is a daily pleasure to host each guest along with their families as we would want our families to be treated. When people say Hospitality I first and foremost want them to remember their stay at Historic Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907. Once again thanks for taking the time out of your busy day to review us. Your Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 extended family looks forward to your next visit with us at your home away from home in Santa Rosa, CA.
Alameda, California
Reviewed 1 May 2012

My best friend and I had a wonderful stay at this historical landmark in Santa Rosa Hotel. For the start Janet was so friendly and welcoming that we felt that we had made the right decision to stay at this beautiful Hotel. She greeting us with a lovely smile and went beyond the norm to make sure we were all settled in and to please let her know if there was anything more she could do for us. So anotherwards JANET ROCKS!

Our room was quaint and charming and reminded me of a bed and breakfast. Overall our weekend stay was awesome.

BTW did I mention Janet rocks! LOL

Room Tip: We stayed in room 32--- you can't hear the elevator door which was great.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Thank you for staying with your Hotel La Rose family we look forward to your next stay with us. Once again thank you.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stay here at least 2-3 times a year, most recently in April 2012. The staff are so helpful and friendly. They are planning a few upgrades to the hotel but , of course, keeping the charm. The new restaurant that is in the same building, tho not owned by the Hotel was great. Had Easter brunch for the family there that everyone enjoyed as well as other meals. Location is good for trips to wineries and enjoying Santa Rosa. Good restaurants and shops also in railroad square nearby. This place will stay our favorite place in Santa Rosa.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
In the past I am sure that the staff has said thank you knowing this I once again want to say it is a pleasure to host your stay at Historic Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907. The entire staff works hard daily to move and keep us in the forefront of the hospitality industry from hospitality to cleanliness of our lobby and rooms. Thank you and your family for choosing Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 as your Santa Rosa home. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Phoenix
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Janet was so welcoming! She helped plan our day in Napa and Sonoma with a smile on her face. The room was cozy and clean at the Carriage house. Great time! Did I mention how great Janet was?
Also try the risotto at their restaurant....amazing!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dade V, Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for your respnse the entire staff at Historic Hotel La Rose works hard to now only meet but exceed our guest rooming needs.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the La Rose for two nights while visiting family and doing some wine tasting. First, I was very impressed by the hotel staff. When I checked in, I overheard the front desk clerk on the phone with another customer quoting the government rate, which was lower than my reserved rate (which I already thought was a good value). I mentioned that I was a government employee, but hadn't thought to ask about government rates when I made my reservation, and they were kind enough to give me the government rate on the spot since I had my government I.D. with me. Wonderful! Second, we loved the old charm of the hotel (we stayed in the main building, not the carriage house), but found the bathrooms to be updated and appreciated the convenience of the elevator with our large luggage, including a body board. The bed and bedding was extremely comfortable, and our room was very large, including a sitting area and small dining table. Finally, the location was great -- we were able to walk to the cute shops in the historic area around the corner (including a couple of great thrift shops where I scored some amazing vintage finds), Omelet Express around the corner provided an enormous breakfast one day, the coffee shop across the street had great coffee and yummy scones, and we were also able to walk to the Roxy movie theatre nearby and to Russian River Brewing Company a bit further away. Overall, we would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends who would appreciate a unique and historic property.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you for your comments the Hotel La Rose staffs takes every comment seriously to help us better handle our guest needs and expectations.
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I have just had the heart-warming experience of observing my beloved elderly friend being checked in to the La Rose Hotel by its new manager, Dade A. Vincent Jr. I am unbelievably impressed! Mr. Vincent welcomed him with such kindness and graciousness, it was as if he was welcoming him into his home. This flavor of "small town hospitality" is hugely important (and so rarely found) for elders or any of us slightly frazzled after modern airplane travel! Here in the heart of Santa Rosa is a true, cosy, homey retreat! I can't recommend it enough; they are to be congratulated for their brilliant hiring.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Maureen M
One of the numerous qualities Hotel La Rose has is our outstanding staff front housekeeping to the front desk we are very proud and work hard to not only meet our guest needs but try to make everyone feel like family. With that said we all thank you for your reply and comments.