“Great, charming hotel”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights recently and were extremely happy with the quality of our stay, and the affordability of the hotel. The location is close to a number of restaurants, coffee shops and bars, and only a few blocks from 101. Great value for your money and an extremely nice stay in a clean, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2012

The entire staff wishes to thank you for your comments. The Hotel La Rose and The Restaurant at Hotel La Rose wishes to again host your rooming and dining needs in Santa Rosa on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Hotel La Rose

Reviewed 21 May 2012

I travel and stay at hotels often, and I have never had a more confusing, upsetting and frustrating experience than I did at Hotel La Rose.

My husband and I spent one night Hotel La Rose and our stay itself was fine – the room was nothing special but it was clean and spacious. However, two weeks after checking out I noticed an extra $250 charge on my credit card statement. I called the hotel to find out why I had been charged so much and was informed that the $250 was a damage charge for smoking in the room. I was a bit shocked because I absolutely did not smoke in the hotel (nor did my husband) and I was furthermore irritated that I had been charged for damages without any kind of notification. I asked to speak with the Manager, Dade Vincent, and told him that there must have been some mistake and asked why I hadn’t been notified of the additional charge. He apologized and told me he would take my word for it that I hadn’t smoked in the room and refund the $250 to my credit card. He also told me that his staff had screwed up by failing to notify me of the damage charge. He said he would process the refund immediately and send me an email when he had done so.

Later that week when I hadn’t received an email from the hotel I checked my credit card account and saw that the money had not been refunded. I called again and spoke to Dade, and he told me the refund should have gone through and said he would try it again now. I checked my account a few days later and still had not received the refund. I called Hotel La Rose several times over the next few weeks and was unable to get the manager on the phone – it seemed he was always in a meeting or had “just left.” I left my name and phone number numerous times and he never called me back. I began to feel like he was evading me and started to worry that I’d been caught in some kind of scam. I finally started calling more frequently and complained that the manager had failed to return my phone calls and eventually got him on the phone. When I asked why he had not refunded my credit card or returned my phone calls, he told me he was now “fighting his boss” about my refund and had a meeting with them that afternoon. He promised to clear things up and refund my credit card that evening. At this point I told him I was extremely frustrated and believed he was incredibly unprofessional at best and running some kind of scam at worst. I informed him that I would check my credit card account the following day, and if the $250 was not refunded I would contact my credit card company to dispute the charge. Not surprisingly, the money was never refunded. Stay away from Hotel La Rose!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Sarah A
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Hotel La Rose is a 100% non smoking in room property. At check in all guest must initial registration card understanding this policy and smoking charges (which was done by guest). The room in question was checked not only by our housekeeper but the housekeeping supervisor and hotel operations manager. Guest was advised of their findings and review. Hotel La Rose understands that guest being charged for smoking in a room at times will have a serious problem with the charge but to chean the room and disinfect the room takes time and extra hours for our hsk staff. Once again we are sorry for the smoking charges but must stand by the findings of our staff as Hotel La Rose is and will always be concerned about our guest health and cleanliness of our hotel and rooms. Dade GM Hotel La Rose

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Thos was recommended to us by a local and what a treat it was!! Very old hotel with an very friendly staff. There was even much talk of a couple resident ghosts--very friendly children--but we didn't have the fortune to meet them.

• Stayed: May 2012

Along with my thanks and the thanks of the staff of Hotel La Rose and The Restaurant at Hotel La Rose we wish to invite you back on your next stay. Remember hospitality and comfort is our business.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

The Hotel La Rose was a surprise to us. I wasn't expecting much as we usually don't stay at bed and breakfast type of places. Honestly speaking I'm a bit more of a travel snob, and we really enjoyed our stay.

The staff were very friendly and helpful just like a Four Seasons. (Yes I'm that kind of travel snob). We had a really large room in the Carriage House with a beautiful four poster antique bed. It's a real antique...and it totally squeaked. :) We laughed just getting into bed cause it squeaked so much, but it was really lovely. Our room had a nice tub that fit two. Yes, we tried and we were both comfortable.

The location is great right in downtown Santa Rosa. Parking is in a lot across the street kitty corner to the hotel entrance behind Aroma Cafe. Aroma cafe is pretty good too, well worth the visit. We had a Ham Aroma sandwich and it was pretty good.

We forgot a few items and Macy's and a mall were about a 10 min walk. Great location!

The carpet was plush but seemed a bit stained, and I think that might be my biggest complaint!

The hotel just acquired the Iron Stone restaurant next to the hotel and guests receive 10% off their bill or they have a continental breakfast for free. The food wasn't bad, the French toast is pretty good. That gets the best reviews and during our stay I ordered them twice.

We stopped by every day and got fresh ice and each time they included 2 bottles of water. Plus they were really nice and said they'd be happy to deliver it.

Oh ok, just remembered the air conditioner didn't work too well, but the nights were so cool that we were able to open our French door and cool down the room.

For dinner we walked to Starks Steakhouse and Petite Syrah. Skip Starks and go to Petite Syrah which is totally worth the trip.

Considering the price we paid per night, this was pretty good for us. I hope your stay is as enjoyable.

There is no pool or fitness center.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the carriage house - it's peaceful.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

As you know from your stay May 7, 2012, the hotel is now the proud owner and manager of The Restaurant at Hotel La Rose. We look forward to your next visit as this is a great addition to our property. We are also connected with 5th Street Fitness Center for our guest needs at no guest cost.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed in a suite in the Carriage House which is across the street from the main building. Our room, bath products, and bed were very nice - comfortable and well appointed. We were on the 2nd floor and our windows overlooked the main Carriage House courtyard which had many roses - it was lovely. We like to sleep with the windows open which was difficult due to some noisy guests who decided to have a party. Rather than complaining we closed the doors to the balcony and the windows and turned on the air. Good news --- the room was noise proof when the windows and doors were closed. The hotel management responded to our every request - water, recommendations for a place for drinks, etc. I have no doubt that had we called and asked them to quiet the other guests they would have responded positively. This is a very nice hotel and we will return when we stay in Santa Rosa again.

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the Carriage house that is on the first floor by the gate. It is almost imposs...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dade V, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for your reply and comments as you know the staff of Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 strive to host your stay as it was our own. We work hard to keep the entire property up to the highest standards as our guest not only require but we demand as hospitality is number one. Once again thank you for your kind works.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel La Rose. We had a room in the Carriage House, with a kings sized bed on the second floor with a small balcony. The little courtyard in the Carriage House annex was really lovely. Our room was quite large with nice bedding and linens and nice bathroom. The small balcony was nice. The annex was lacking a self service ice machine though. It was easy enough to go to the desk for ice, or they said to call down, and it would be brought to us. The tv had premium channels for free and the internet was easy to access and good.

The hotel was within walking distance to plenty of places to eat, and to Russian River Tap Room which is why we were in Santa Rosa. It was easy to access wineries and Healdsburg and Petaluma.

Service was very friendly and efficient. We would stay here again in the future

1  Thank robinshoods

To start off saying thank you is first and foremost. Second welcome to the Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 family. Saying that we all strive for the best in hospitality and continue to work hard everyday to meet our goals.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Very charming and clean!! Not the Hilton by all means but for a historical building it's very nice and well kept. Parking was right across the street and to the right, behind a great coffee/deli place. Very convenient as far as walking distance to shopping, visitor center etc. Would go back just to get the one on one help they gave us. They knew our name, and it made me feel like at home. Would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Our room was on wilson street on the far right corner, so we had a little traffic but it slow and no...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your reply. Being a Historic Hotel 105 years old this August we know that Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 is not your regular hotel / motel and are very excited about this. As you stated we are not the Hilton but we are Historic Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 and give one on one service to all our guest, a beautiful one of a kind room (48 different rooms for your stay) for each guest and an experience that only a night at Hotel La Rose & Bistro 1907 can offer. Once again thanks for staying with us and we look forward to meeting again.