“Many time repeat client disappointed”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Sebastopol, California
“Many time repeat client disappointed”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Hi, I am a local here & have stayed many times over the years. It is still very beautiful & antique inside. No bar open on the weekends? The keys/locks need to be updated to the 21st century card keys. It took us 5 minutes each time to get back into our room, as the key has to be turned just the right way & can't be put in all the way like a regular key. Our room was so HOT & it's January! Tried the knob that says A/C but only warm air came out. Thankfully there was a free-standing fan which blew the hot air around. I finally opened the windows (no screens) & finally got to sleep at 3am, hours past when I went to bed. Please tell me if there was a way to get A/C that I missed. My temp runs on the cold side, so to be overheated all night is unheard of for me. Breakfast until 9 on the weekend? Are you kidding? It should go until at least 11. I still love your hotel & hope to be back when these comfort issues are addressed.

Room Tip: Main building, rq high floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank maestralori
Naira G, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
--- We would like to thank you for posting a review for our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Please do not hesitate to call us at (707) 579-3200 or email us at nghazaryan@hotelpros.biz if you have any questions or concerns, this way we can discuss your situation in details so we can address it better. We look forward to your response. Thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

We take this hotel, because of the reviews. Very clean and staff was very excellent. The breakfast was very good and easy access to the highway and the various vineyard . The beds the most comfortable and clean.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Goodre
...We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Thank you.
TVland
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is one time I should have listened to the other bad reviews of this hotel. The hotel setting was nice, but the experience was horrible. The person who checked us in was indifferent at best and did not tell us that we were the 2nd couple to try using the room we got. We only noticed when we found the towels were used and there were items the other couple left behind. The check in person did not even apologize for for the inconvenience, only went on about having inspected the room after the other couple vacated. NOT a very good inspection. After the dirty towels, everything felt used and dirty. The bed was ok. Upon our arrival for breakfast, we were told that we missed it by 5 minutes and that everything had been cleared. No apology, esp since we had never been told that breakfast ended at 9am on a weekend. Never got a referral for any other place either even though the coffee place across the street provided a GREAT breakfast and perfect coffee. Next time I want to be just a number, I will find another hotel. Never going back to this one.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LHardy
Naira G, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
--- We would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time out to post a review for our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apology for not being able to meet your standards and expectations with regards to our customer service. To prevent the same mistake and to improve our service, we will use your feedback to retrain our staff. We are aware that guest satisfaction is the heart of our business and we will do our very best to prevent our valued guest like you to have an unpleasant experience with us. We want you to have a nice and memorable stay with us. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Should you have any more concerns or question, you may call us at (707) 579-3200 or email us at nghazaryan@hotelpros.biz.

Fremont, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,675 helpful votes
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Used to love this place - beautiful historic hotel - gorgeous Christmas decorations - check - it looks like the place I know and like.

But the new hotel management does not care a hoot about the customers.

1) Breakfast used to be very good (salmon, bagels, nice teas, good coffee; so much more - now its stale bread and an odd arrangment. Cold stale cereal on one table - milk on the other (but wait - there is the toaster cord you have to step over to go from one table to the other. This was not the case prior to the new management.

2) Service in the breakfast area is sub par. Hours used to be reasonable for vacation goers - 7 to 10:30 on the weekends. Now its 7 -9 and if you come down at 9:30 the tables are 95 per cent dirty and messy. Some guests even brought in their own cereal and milk and 3 grocery bags. I guess trying to avoid the staleness of the breakfast.

3) Check out service means standing in a lobby for 10 minutes with a hotel key...and no note from the hotel where the check out person is. When she returns 10 minute lady, she is rude saying you must understand that training new employees is more important than you are. You need to be late for your day - as we have to train, and disappear. We the hotel staff are in short more important than you are.

And by the way although you signed paperwork last night, you cannot just leave. You must sign more paperwork. Say what? In this day of electronic check in and out, this shows the new hotel management needs to learn more.
(Luckily the check in process was a lot more friendly.but not helpful as they did not tell you about the breakfast unless you asked.)

Parking is across the street. 5 people were stalking the parking lot - just loitering about. Sort of spooky - but nothing happened, so chalk it up to Friday night.

Overall, used to be a 4 to 5 star place
now the new hotel management seems to think that training is more important than guests.

Given that there quality hotels close by, this long time and frequent guest will think about other places where the staff cares. The staff prior to the new management was so welcoming, tried to know your name (and most of the time knew it immediately) and greeted you with warm cookies.

New staff - does not care.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mini
--- First of all, please allow us to extend our sincerest apologies for all the inconvenience we had caused you. We appreciate your comments as these will help us improve and serve valued guests like you even better. This is not how we would like our guests to experience. Rest assured that we will use your feedback as a tool to retrain and refresh our staff with regards to proper customer service. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to serve you again and we assure you that .

Fresno, California, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I visited this hotel on a wine weekend and was put in an adjacent building that was newer. It was boring, stale. I called the front desk and told them I was very uninspired. I was put in the best room on the top floor with A frame ceilings and lots of space. This place is quite old so if you like modern amenities, this isn't your place. If you like old charm and history, perfect. A huge Christmas tree in the lobby, a good (but fancy and pricey) restaurant, and surrounded by coffee shops and restaurants. Even at night there were pubs, bars, etc to go check out on foot. Wanna see old town Santa Rosa in style? Check out this hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
--- Thank you very much for staying with us and for the nice review. It is always our pleasure to have you in our hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and rest assured that we will share your comments to our staff. If you should need to make any future reservation, please feel free to call us at (707) 579-3200 or email us at nghazaryan@hotelpros.biz. We hope to see you again in the future.

Thank you.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a nice, historic, cozy hotel. The rooms are pretty comfortable, considering the age of the building. Nice sized bathroom. The one problem with the room was that there were no drawers to store clothes! I have never been to a hotel that did not have a dresser with drawers! This was a bit of an inconvenience for my friends and I who ended up needing to keep our non-hanging clothes in our suitcases. Other than that, I would recommend the hotel for a weekend trip to Santa Rosa.The staff was also very nice, but the hotel does not have the kind of amenities I would think one would require for a longer stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CathyNY12345
Naira G, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Hotel La Rose. I would like to offer my sincere apology for the inconvenience. I appreciate your concern, interest and extra time you have taken to bring these matters to my attention. We look forward to hearing from you and to the opportunity to demonstrate our interest in you, as our valued client.

White Rrver Jct, VT
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Having stayed at Hotel La Rose three years ago with my sister, I chose to stay there with my new husband while visiting family in Santa Rosa. we were given a second floor room in the carriage house but due to my husband's health requested a first floor room which we got the second night. Problems during our eight day stay were: 1) first room bedside lamp falling apart 2) Plate holding door fixtures also falling apart 3 ) Second room cord on bedside lamp was shorting out - we unplugged it 4) Shower curtain fell while husband was in shower- I had to come and hold the rod and curtain up for him to get the soap off and not let the water flood the floor. At no time did we learn about a complimentary breakfast. While there in 2010 my sister and I had a fantastic breakfast everyday.. One other PROBLEM WAS THE MAIN GATE TO THE CARRIAGE HOUSE WAS FREQUENTLY FOUND AJARRED AND ANYONE OFF THE STREET COULD COME IN. NOT GOOD!!!!!

Room Tip: Possibly staying in the main building would be better
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write me concerning your recent stay at our hotel. I was sorry to read that your stay was less than satisfactory.
Again, thank you for bringing these matters to our attention. If I may be of any further service to you please do not hesitate to contact me.