“Great Historic Hotel”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 10 December 2008

My husband and I spent two nights at the Hotel La Rose and we loved it. It was an older hotel - more along the lines of a Bed and Breakfast. It had antiques, quaint furniture and a delicious European style breakfast that was included in the price of the room. The staff was very friendly.....will definitely stay there again if we are in Santa Rosa!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 November 2008

We had a great stay in the Carriage House across the street for 2 nights. We had the back corner room, first floor (room 56), which was very private and quiet. Had no troubles with motorcycles or traffic. The rooms were very big and bathrooms huge by any hotel standards. Toiletries were a fabulous blood orange scent. The bathroom was all done in marble and had everything you needed in it (hairdryer, iron, wardrobe, etc.). Beds were very comfy. Breakfast was very delicious and kept us full (hard boiled eggs, bagels, scones, lox, fresh fruit, cereal, teas/coffee with to-go cups as well). Coffee shop across the street was great as well (Aroma Roasters) and so was LoCoco Italian and Thai House (both in walking distance on 4th street). You get a free glass of wine upon arrival and a discount at the restaurant. This hotel was a great central point for our wine touring vacatio!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2008

We stayed 4 days,visiting family and first time to wine counrty. Stayed in the cartiage house across the street from hotel. Just a few steps front door of the hotel. first 2 nights (room 60) faced the street with a 4 way stop. So the motor cycles very loud all night . A bar down the street music loud. After that, we requested a more quiet room. it was ok. Rooms cute,and I found the bed and linens in our first room, beauiful. The second room missed by this.Breakfast served, nice and enough to hold you over until lunch time. Coffee cafe across the street . We had lunch at the inside resturant, it was OK. The small park across the street,cute be the homeless took it over. The homeless mission a block away. Didnt bother us.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank socalsue
Reviewed 9 September 2008

I was traveling on business and normally stay at a Starwood since I am a member. I am used to the attention from the staff at a W or Westin. I have to say that NEVER have I been treated with more personal attention then when I stayed at La Rose. Valentin, with the hat, is so sweet. I came down for ice and he filled up my ice bucket and topped it with fresh fruit. The staff at the desk was equally helpful and respectful. Check in and out was a breeze.

This is a vintage hotel and I stayed in the main building. The room was very romantic - too bad it was just me on business. I would certainly come back and stay with my husband. If you are not a big fan of vintage then stay in the carriage house. It looked more updated from what I saw on the tv.

I didn't eat at the hotel, but took advantage of a Chevy's across the street. On the other corner is a really sweet coffee shop. They seemed to be open all hours and even had evening music.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Hotel La Rose leaves nothing to be desired. Our room was pinpoint clean. The bed was rather luxurious. The breakfast sets the standard. Staff and managment bent over backwards to attend to every need. It's hard to imagine what improvements can be made.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I agree with the best reviews of the Hotel La Rose. Its downtown location in the historic district, its convenient free parking and its well attended and appetizing continental breakfast served in a 19th century dining room all make this hotel one that we will long remember. We stayed in the Carriage Room section of the hotel which is directly across a non-busy street from the hotel. Our room was on the ground level in a gated courtyard entered using the room key. In the center of the courtyard is a very pleasant old-world style fountain. The room was entered first through a little gate that opened into a private alcove with a wrought iron table and chairs. There was then a final door that opened into our room. The private outside alcove proved just perfect for our daughter who smokes. She spent countless hours during our 4-day stay sitting in the covered alcove writing in her diary, working on her laptop and reading. One last thing: Santa Rosa holds a very large outdoor market each Wednesday night from 5:00-8:30pm during the summer. It is adjacent to the large downtown Santa Rosa Plaza Shopping Mall and stretches for two square blocks. This market is an easy 5-10 minute walk from the Hotel La Rose as is the shopping mall. All manner of goods are sold at vendor stalls including food. We found the huge barbecued oysters on the shell particularly delicious.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 July 2008

I stayed at his hotel on a Thursday. Since it was not on the weekend and I had a AAA card, I got an incredible deal for this hotel. The room was lovely and comfortable. I loved my canopy style bed. The bathroom had nice products and was covered in marble. The breakfast was divine. The breakfast consisted of coffee, tea, hardboiled eggs, lox, bagels, juice, granola, cereal, yogurt, muffins, and toast. It sounds simple, but yet was so good. I will come back to Hotel La Rose the next time that I visit Santa Rosa.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends