“Great downtown Santa Rosa hotel”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Great location, beautiful historic building, right in the heart of the main attractions in downtown Santa Rosa. Rooms are very nice, beds very comfortable, bathrooms spacious. Management needs to pay attention however to sheets with holes and ripped towels -- rotate them out of service. Included breakfast is continental but ample. Maybe some light music in the dining room would help guests feel more comfortable that they don't have to whisper.

And please tell maids NOT to turn on air conditioning in the rooms while guests were out -- ours must have been on from the morning cleaning to 10 pm at night when we returned to find nearly icicles hanging from the curtains!

Staff needs better customer service training -- female front desk attendants were surly. Valentin and Gustavo, however, are excellent!
The hotel offers free, safe parking and the rates are good value.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Stayed 4 nights in June 2010. Used the hotel as a base camp for day-long bicycle rides around Sonoma and Napa counties. Santa Rosa town is not very special, but is a good base location for touring the area and has plenty of amenities like restaurants and shopping malls. Easy access to all parts of Napa and Sonoma wine country.

The staff was very kind and friendly, the breakfast buffet is GREAT, and the rooms are nicely decorated, as befitting a historic landmark hotel. One of the best (THE best?) places to stay in Santa Rosa!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Arrived to Santa Rosa for the Levi Gran Fondo and stay about 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. It has a great location, close to unique shops and good restuarants. The staff were very helfpul and made the stay a great experience. I stayed in the main building and the rooms were comfortable and very clean. The window was facing near a local pub, so light early sleepers may want to inquire about a quieter room. The noise did not carry on too late. When I return to Santa Rosa, I will be definitely staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My husband and I were heading to Santa Rosa to see a concert. I wanted something different then the usual chain hotels. This hotel delivered a sweet elegance with great customer service.

They have the main hotel and then across the street they have the carriage house. We stayed in the carriage house. Each room had it's own patio and the courtyard was just beautiful. The bedding was luxurious.

There are tons of restaurants within a 2-3 block radius. There is also a wonderful coffee house across the street. There location is easy on/ easy off Highway access.

I enjoyed this stay so much that I have already started planning a Girl's Weekend.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank theresa162
Reviewed 25 September 2010

Based upon the Trip Advisor rating as the #2 hotel in Santa Rosa, I called and made a reservation. My check in was uneventful, just as I like it. My room (#65) was in the Carriage House, which is around the corner. Upon entering my room, I noticed that horrible thrift store smell of unclean linens. Yuck. I opened the window to air the place out and managed to over come the feeling that my bedding was not too clean. It had been a long, long travel day and I was in the for night, or I might have dragged my luggage down the stairs, walked around the corner and requested a different room. There is a metal security door to the entrance of the Carriage House and the clanging of it until all roomers were in for the night was a little annoying, but not a deal breaker. Once everyone was settled in for the night, the room was quiet and the bed comfortable enough. However, there was no lock on the bedroom window. I did not notice this until I was ready to lock up for the night and this did not make this traveling female too comfortable. I moved a chair in front of the window and hoped I'd at least have a warning if someone were to scale the wall, climb the balcony and open the window. In the morning, I informed the front desk staff and was assured that the window lock would be replaced. (Who removes a window lock in a hotel?) The continental breakfast included with my room provided simple and fresh faire.

Very good restaurants and coffee houses are within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2010

We've stayed here before on a relaxing trip to the wine country , we loved it then and this last weekend we stayed again for a wedding...and true to form, everything was perfect!
The staff was excellent with suggestions for food and excursions. The rooms are lovely and a treat at the end of a long day!
We will be back again!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I chose the Hotel La Rose as it was walking distance to Russian River Brewery. It was well-located and the rooms were quaint and comfortable. The shower is a little small but it does the trick. The room rates were very reasonable and the breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends