“A nicely Restored, old building that if you are into old history type things, stay here.”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Grants Pass, Oregon
Reviewed 7 November 2010

As noted, it is an old hotel that has been restored. I had business in the area and my company booked this place for me and my wife. To us, it would be a nice hotel to tour. Can't say it was a bad stay, just that my wife and I are not into these old buildings. It is nicely decorated and fairly clean. Dangerous situation in the little bathroom. The sink is an upgraded, old fashion looking pedestal sink. I leaned over to pickup something and used the sink to lean on coming back up. Sink tipped up from wall and I thought it was coming off the pedestal. Excellent breadfast spread. Beds were a little lumpy but soft enough to over look the lumps. We were on the third floor at front corner and the stopping cars at the corner below could be heard. I was un-comfortable with the parking being across the street, some 75 yards away, behind another structure, some what out of sight. Hotel is in downtown area with some young people and others hanging out across the street in a little park strip. We took a nice walk in the area before night set in and we felt safe. Many small cafes to eat at in this old downtown area. Over all, "A nicely Restored, old building that if you are into old buildings, stay here". It was a nice experiece but not a place we would have as our first choice if we had it to make. Price was also way over our budget but as noted, it was paid for by the company so it was an interesting experience. We would have enjoyed a Holiday Inn better, we're are newer, modern, hotel people. I would recommend a stay here, just be prepared for, "Old Fashion" accomodations from the 1800's but upgraded to modern hotel accomodations. Have fun.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Dixon, CA
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My husband had a conference in Santa Rosa and asked me to come with him. I chose this hotel off the TripAdvisor list.

We had a miserable drive getting there and were very tired. Once we were in our room on the third floor, I was delighted. The hotel is Victorian, with decor to match. Some would find this too out of date. I find that it is in the same period of the hotel. I lived in an old house when I was young. I loved the pull chain toilet, but was disappointed that there was no clawfoot tub. However, the shower was hot with lots of water pressure.

We were in a cozy (small) room with a comfy queen sized bed. There was a place to put one suitcase and a small area to hang up some clothes. This is definitely not somewhere to stay for two people for a long time. For overnight, it was fine.

I did not pay that much attention to the description for the hotel. I found out that we got breakfast. It was not like a hot breakfast of a B&B, but quite serviceable. I thought it offered more than a continental breakfast. There was fresh fruit, muffins, cold cereal, among other things. I loved the drink set up. There were paper coffee cups with plastic covers. You could take a cup of coffee to go! What a great idea. That was SO convenient.

Before I checked out, I mentioned to the woman at the desk that there was something that kept my visit from being absolutely perfect. It was a little thing. The chalking near the bathtub needed to be replaced. She laughed and said she could do that. She would call the maintenance person. I am sure it was fixed that day.

The part of Santa Rosa I needed to be in is pretty small. I visited the Luther Burbank gardens and the Charles Schultz museum. I finished in time to go to lunch with my husband. What a wonderful day!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Loved being in the Railyard District. Great restaurants, walking, shopping all very close. The hotel has potential, but has seen better days. The annex room smelled very moldy and were very dark. Room in main hotel had more light, would have been completely delightful 20 years ago. Television was out one entire day - staff apologized (staff was very, very nice), but no discount was offered for the inconvenience.
I would come back again when they renovate.

• Stayed October 2010
Costa Rica
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Great location, beautiful historic building, right in the heart of the main attractions in downtown Santa Rosa. Rooms are very nice, beds very comfortable, bathrooms spacious. Management needs to pay attention however to sheets with holes and ripped towels -- rotate them out of service. Included breakfast is continental but ample. Maybe some light music in the dining room would help guests feel more comfortable that they don't have to whisper.

And please tell maids NOT to turn on air conditioning in the rooms while guests were out -- ours must have been on from the morning cleaning to 10 pm at night when we returned to find nearly icicles hanging from the curtains!

Staff needs better customer service training -- female front desk attendants were surly. Valentin and Gustavo, however, are excellent!
The hotel offers free, safe parking and the rates are good value.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Stayed 4 nights in June 2010. Used the hotel as a base camp for day-long bicycle rides around Sonoma and Napa counties. Santa Rosa town is not very special, but is a good base location for touring the area and has plenty of amenities like restaurants and shopping malls. Easy access to all parts of Napa and Sonoma wine country.

The staff was very kind and friendly, the breakfast buffet is GREAT, and the rooms are nicely decorated, as befitting a historic landmark hotel. One of the best (THE best?) places to stay in Santa Rosa!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Arrived to Santa Rosa for the Levi Gran Fondo and stay about 4 nights at this wonderful hotel. It has a great location, close to unique shops and good restuarants. The staff were very helfpul and made the stay a great experience. I stayed in the main building and the rooms were comfortable and very clean. The window was facing near a local pub, so light early sleepers may want to inquire about a quieter room. The noise did not carry on too late. When I return to Santa Rosa, I will be definitely staying at this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 October 2010

My husband and I were heading to Santa Rosa to see a concert. I wanted something different then the usual chain hotels. This hotel delivered a sweet elegance with great customer service.

They have the main hotel and then across the street they have the carriage house. We stayed in the carriage house. Each room had it's own patio and the courtyard was just beautiful. The bedding was luxurious.

There are tons of restaurants within a 2-3 block radius. There is also a wonderful coffee house across the street. There location is easy on/ easy off Highway access.

I enjoyed this stay so much that I have already started planning a Girl's Weekend.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple