“Beautiful Hotel, Exceptional Service”
Review of Hotel La Rose

Hotel La Rose
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 22 September 2007

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the La Rose for a few days, and we were thoroughly impressed with the entire experience. From the time we arrived, we were greeted with smiles and helpful suggestions of places to go and things to see. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, and seemed to truely enjoy thier jobs. Our room was spacious and beautifully decorated in antiques. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The location was great. We were able to walk to restaurants, shops and wine lounges. The restaurant at the hotel was also very good. The room rates were very reasonable for such wonderful accommodations and exceptional service. We look forward to our next visit at the La Rose.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank griselda7
There are newer reviews for Hotel La Rose

Reviewed 17 September 2007

My husband and I selected this hotel because of its location and reviews that I had read. We were sorely disappointed. At rates in excess of $175 for week nights and $275 for week ends, this hotel is way over priced. Although it is located in wine country, there are no wine glasses, bottle openers or small refrigerators in the rooms. We had to ask for bottled water in our room, although it was supposed to be there. A bus runs right outside the building, as do cars and motorcycles! All in all, I would not spend the money for this place again.
The rooms were clean and the breakfast was decent, but not knock-out.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kgreenwood1912
Reviewed 24 August 2007

My sister & I booked 2 nights, and were so impressed that we stayed for a third night. Our visit happened to coincide with the hotel's 100th anniversary which the hotel and the town were celebrating with a party. I have never felt more welcome than at the Hotel La Rose. Every staff member from the manager to the front desk to the porter and wait staff seemed genuinely glad that we were there and did everything they could to make our visit wonderful. We ate dinner at Josef's next door one night, Lacoco's and Chevy's (less than a block away) and enjoyed the superb complimentary breakfast in the hotel each morning. The historic part of the town is great for strolling and shopping and eating. There is a nice walking path along a creek nearby.

It's a beautiful property with a great attitude and the perfect alternative to cookie cutter chain hotels.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank beverlyrd
Reviewed 21 August 2007

I discovered this hotel through Trip Advisor and after staying there for 3 nights, felt the reviews were accurate. It was very helpful to know beforehand, so thanks to all that contributed. The service there is really great, we stayed at another hotel after this one, and saw a big difference. Since the hotel is 100 years old, there isn't an ice machine for your convenience, but they are happy to bring it to you when you call them for room service. The morning breakfast was delicious as they had hot scones each morning along with a cold plate of meat and cheese, fresh fruit, all complimentary. The only thing I didn't realize was that the parking lot is about a half a block away, which isn't too far, but if walking is difficult it could make it challenging, along with loading and unloading your luggage. The hotel is located along side a busy street so noise is also something to consider as they were working on the freeway or doing some construction in the area into the late evening so that made it difficult to fall or stay asleep.

2  Thank fussyfemale
Reviewed 13 August 2007

We stayed for one night during a four day bicycle tour through Napa and Sonoma valley. The rooms were large, the comfortable bed had luxurious linens, the attached restaurant was elegant and the food was superb, the hotel is located within walking distance to downtown (parks, shops, cafe, restaurants...) and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The lobby was comfortable and inviting, the breakfast was amazing .....I can't say enough good things about La Rose. We would go out of our way to stay there again if we are ever in the area.

4  Thank NoTV
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We just came back from staying at the Hotel La Rose. It was a charming hotel. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. It was very well restored and It was extremely clean.

1  Thank Firenze1968
Reviewed 5 August 2007

My husband was participating in the Vineman, and Hotel La Rose was on the list of recommended hotels. I was nervous about staying in a hotel that I didn't know much about, and based on the relatively low price, I thought we might be in for a long three nights. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in a Jr. Suite (#48). It was spacious with a bed and breakfast feel. My husband thought the bed was heavenly, and I thought it was pretty good, too! We loved Valentine who helped my husband out with various things and always greeted us with a smile. The only complaint was a bit of noise the first night from the surrounding restaurants and the fact that the room had a skylight type window that couldn't be covered (the sun rose by 6 a.m.) It didn't bother us much, since we were up early anyway due to the time difference, but if I had wanted to sleep in, it might have been an issue. Considering the size of the room, the comfort level of the bed, and the complimentary breakfast and parking, Hotel La Rose was a great deal and also a very nice hotel. We will definitely stay at Hotel La Rose if my husband participates in this event again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple