“Great night in Santa Rosa”

Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We enjoyed our night in Santa Rosa. We appreciated the nice clean room and comfortable bed. We will stay here again when we come back to California. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Good breakfast to start our day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Santa Rosa.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Older motel just off the freeway. Convenient location. Place felt deserted, not too many cars in the parking lot. We ended up moving the car from near our room to a space right in front of the main door to feel safer. The bed was horrible: sagged in the middle. There was a small hole in the door molding in the bathroom--just the size for a mouse or other small rodent to come in. Breakfast was the usual premade omelet (disgusting) and no fruit other than an apple or a banana.
We've been staying at Best Westerns more often even though the quality can be so random. Stayed at the BW in Shasta City, completely different experience for the same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I'd like to thank oceanmom98686 for sharing her feelings about our hotel. I would like to apologize that her feelings were not as positive as we would have hoped for after staying with us. We have a shipment of mattresses arriving next week, and if you would be so kind as to message me with your room number, I would like to make sure that the mattress set you slept on is replaced. As for the weather stripping, usually a small hole at the bottom of a doorway is caused by suitcase wheels bumping against the door frame as people drag their suitcases through the doorway. If you are implying that we have a rodent issue, I take great exception to that, because we absolutely do not. Again I apologize if a small hole in the weather stripping influenced you to feel that way.
We try to offer a wide variety of breakfast items so that everyone who stays here can hopefully find something they like. As you mentioned, we have 2 kinds of fruit plus omelets or scrambled eggs, depending on the day. In addition we also have bacon or sausage, hash browns, cereals, yogurt, bagels, assorted pastries, pancakes just to name a few. We even have chocolate milk. As much as I would love to add a fruit bar to our complimentary breakfast, it just isn't feasible, and not everybody likes fruit for breakfast.
Again, thanks for sharing your feelings, and I hope we see you next time you are in the Santa Rosa area.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Dark, dingy, smelly, and noisy, both from neighboring rooms (paper thin walls) and close proximity to traffic and freeway. Two free bottles of water were nice, as was the breakfast, although the breakfast room itself is void of anything to absorb the sound so it's incredibly noisy, so much that on day two we walked next door to starbucks.

I can't say definitively, do not stay here, because the front desk staff were helpful and professional, and if u plan to spend no time in your room, except to sleep, it may serve your purpose. I would prefer a bit more ambiance in wine country, and given the rack rate on the room, there are far better choices.

Room Tip: If you still plan to stay at this hotel, at least ask for a room in the back and upstairs. I can on...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Ouch!
I would like to valiworldtraveller for taking time to review our hotel, While I wholeheartedly disagree with the title of the review, I can appreciate that their stay apparently had a hiccup. While noise is not an issue for vast majority of our guests, I apologize that noise was an issue for you. I realize the breakfast bar can be a bit noisy during peak times, and we are looking into adding some additional items that may help with absorbing sound. As you can imagine carpet + families + food does not equal a good outcome for cleanliness.
I'm glad that you appreciated the breakfast, bottles of water, and our helpful and professional staff. I hope that you consider staying with us again next time you are in the Santa Rosa area.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is older but very clean. The pool was nice but even with the heater, the water was very cool. The internet was very poor. Even tried the computers in the business center but it was worse. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good and had several options. Easy to get to and would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

I would like to thank Michael F for taking the time to review our hotel and services. I apologize if our internet was less than spectacular. We did have a hiccup with our provider but believe that this will no longer be an issue. Again, my apologies.
I am happy that you found our staff very helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed our breakfast.
Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, and look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Santa Rosa area.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

The photography can lead you to believe that this is a country or vineyard location, however it is a very industrial setting just off the freeway and next to a storage facility with exterior entrances. Appreciated GPS to find location as it could be a little tricky without nav. The rooms are very nice, spacious and recently renovated with refrigerator, large flat panel TV, comfy chair with ottoman and slider to balcony overlooking courtyard with swimming pool. Good bed, nice pillows. Staff is adequate. Never sensed that folks were thrilled to be there, but they got the job done. I had a problem and front desk staff could not resolve and passed it to manager. Asst manager was most helpful and made good decision by resolving issue to my satisfaction. Breakfast offerings rotated between cheese omelettes or scrambled eggs with either sausage or bacon, plus cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, juices, good coffee, biscuits and gravy, and a pretty cook pancake maker.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelpdxer

I would like to thank Travelpdxer for their review of our hotel. I apologize if you felt that our photographs were misleading in any way, we certainly didn't intend for people to believe that we are out in the middle of nowhere. We are located within the city limits of Santa Rosa, with a storage unit on one side, and a Starbucks and another hotel on the other side. Across the street there are a couple fast food places, an Applebee's and a Chevron gas station with a mini market. Again, my apologizes if you thought it was going to be something other than that.
With that being said, I am glad you were happy with your room and all are amenities and that we were able to take care of any concerns. I am also thrilled that you liked our breakfast, particularly our pancake machine.
We hope to see you again next time you are in the area.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed here when we were in the area for a balloon ride. It was the only hotel in area that would allow me to rent a suite for 5 people, instead of making me rent 2 rooms. I was more than pleasantly surprised with the room. Nice, clean, jacuzzi tub, spacious. Very nice staff. Will definitely be back! Very good price. Received online discount. Close to Up & Away ballooning.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My friend and I stayed only one night here mainly to visit the Charles Schultz Museum and to tour some wineries. It is a very nice Best Western. The room was exceptionally large, it had a lovely little patio outside the sliding glass doors with a table and chairs. There was a very nice pool which we did not use as it was rainy the day we were there. The room was very clean the breakfast buffet was one of the best. The hotel is centrally located, very close to downtown and with easy access to Route 101. Very good experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with the world. My staff and I greatly appreciate it.
We all hope to see you again soon.