Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites
Sandman(Santa Rosa)
Fountaingrove Inn(Santa Rosa)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Hotel Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)
View Hotel
Golden Coin Motel(Santa Rosa)
Vintners Inn(Santa Rosa)
View Hotel
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)
View Hotel
All reviewswine countrypancake machinehot breakfastbreakfast roombreakfast barjacuzzi tubyogurtnice poolconvenient locationbeds were comfortablewould stay here againfirst flooreasy accessfront desk staffstayed nightsone night staythe santa rosa area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a year ago and loved it. This time, not so much. We asked for a list of tv stations for 3 days and still haven't gotten one. I have to call the office to find a channel. The guest notebook in the desk is empty, the one that should have hotel and area info, it's empty. We got a smoking room and had to use the soap dish the first night because there was no ashtray. We asked housekeeping for a tv channel listing and their response was to ignore that and take the Home Box Office guide.

• Stayed: December 2013
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

I'd like to thank clmfla for taking the time to share their experience. I want to apologize that your stay was not as successful as your previous stay was. According to our records I show that we did indeed replace your television listing. When I inspected the room today (your departure date), the listing was there on the desk, so I'm confused as to why you would say you never received it. I apologize that the directory and ashtray was missing on your first night. On a side note, all our televisions display the network when you change channels to make it easier to find what you are looking for.
Again, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel 100+- nights a year for business and typically don't stay at Best Westerns. But I'm glad I ventured away from my point collecting ways and stayed at the BW in Santa Rosa.

If you stay at hotels long enough you learn to spot and grow tired of hotel staff's forced smiles and bs upbeat tones of voice. When I went into the lobby of Santa Rosa's Best Western, I was greeted by Abiel who had a genuine smile and was truly happy to answer dinning and area specific questions. Knowledgeable, friendly, and pleasant. I was also given a bag with a wine key, chocolate AND microwave popcorn. I'm not typically to excited by popcorn but having traveled for hours that day, it was a great touch; popcorn + HBO is a nice way to unwind.

They are set up motel style with doors directly to an outside walkway but don't let that deter you, their rooms are actually pretty cool. I stayed in 211(I think) and was very happy with the palm tree flanked balcony.

This is not a luxury hotel and they do not have Westin beds but they certainly have great people working there, cool and clean rooms, at a great price.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing the front door, I stayed 2nd floor on the far left corner. I liked that the balcony was made partially private with trees.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank rwethere y
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I would REALLY like to thank rwethere y for their very kind review of our hotel. We appreciate everyone's opinion of our hotel, but when a true road warrior has such kind comments about our hotel and services, we know we have hit our mark.
Thank you again so much for taking the time to share your opinion. You have put a smile on all of our faces.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel with a friend. It was very comfortable. The breakfast was good and very generous. We attended a concert at the Wells Fargo Center and we were very well situated. The hotel is easy to get to from Hiway 101.The hotel staff was friendly and welcoming. I would defiinitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Dorothy S

I'd like to thank Dorothy S for reviewing our hotel. I'm glad you had an excellent stay. I hope you had a blast at the concert you attended at the Wells Fargo Center. In my opinion they are one of the best places to catch a show, not a bad seat in the house.
I hope we get to see you again next time there is a show there that you want to see.
Thanks again for taking the time to review our hotel, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

We recently spent 5 nights here and it served as a great base for visiting wine country. We were only 30 minutes from Napa and within 15 minutes from a number of wineries in Sonoma. There are some fast food places right across the street and grocery stores a short distance away. We had a nice little patio looking into the courtyard/pool area that was perfect for enjoying a glass of wine at the end of the day.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I hope you enjoyed wine tasting in our area. We have recently upgraded the tables and chairs on all of our patios and balconies and I'm glad you were able to enjoy them.
We hope you are able to get away from it all again in the near future and come back and visit some of the wineries that were missed on your latest trip.
Until then, take care, and thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I had just gotten out of the hospital and was staying overnight before going all the way home, the staff checked me in quickly and got me to my room quickly. the suite was well designed for a disabled person. There were multiple choices of places to sit, the bed was really comfortable. Bathroom was very clean and well designed to have lots of room to move.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to thank MadamQuisby for her review of our hotel. I'm glad you found our rooms accommodating for your needs. When we recently renovated the hotel, we completely redesigned our accessible rooms to what I think is a much better design. I hope you are back up to par and feeling better now, and I hope we get to see you again next time you are in the Santa Rosa area (hopefully for something more fun than the Dr.).
Thank you again for sharing your opinion of our hotel and services.