“Very good location”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
South San Francisco, United States
“Very good location”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Good location and easy route on 101, Close to downtown area and restaurants, shopping malls & plazas. The town is slow paced with nightlife outside of town (ie. Rohnert Park-Graton casino). The hotel should have a GIANT sign at their driveway entrance-could hardly see the little sign posted. We missed the entry twice even though we knew it was across the street from he gas station.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Fresno, California
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Walked in to check in and there was four ladies waiting to check in in front of me. There was a gentleman who was in the back room who noticed the line and immediately came out to help me. His name was Todd or Tom, I believe and he was super cool and friendly. I ended up getting an upgraded room with a jacuzzi tub and it was AWESOME. DEFINITELY the highlight of my weekend and will definitely be repeat customers.

• Stayed January 2014
Sweden
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here for two nights while touring Sonoma and Napa. Although there was nothing wrong about this hotel, it left us with a very bland feeling. The service was not very engaging, and the room needed some further maintenance. When we told the staff member checking us out that certain things did not work, he simply said "OK...", and sounded very tired, Compared to other hotels in this region, it is not the worst, but it is also very far from some of the better hotels we have tried in both Napa and Sonoma over a number of years. We would consider coming back, but it would not be our first choice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chester, New York
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My daughter moved 3,000 miles to settle in Santa Rosa. It was our first visit and we wanted to stay somewhere close to her new home and chose this Best Western. We are Best Western rewards members and have never been dissapointed with our stays. This was no eception. The service was friendly, the room was great and the location was perfect. (Next door to a Starbucks). The only negative was that the balconiy and the stairways appeared not to have been swept in days and when they finally were, there were still remnants t=of paper and butts remaining. I point this out due to the contrast with the beutiful gardens surronding the facility. We'll be back though.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Oakland, California
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This hotel is very clean and comfortable! The spacious rooms have a flat screen T.V. with patios and balcony's. It is a pet friendly hotel. I paid 20.00$ for my dog for the entire stay. The entire staff is awesome, always helpful and friendly. This is where I enjoy staying most when in the Santa Rosa area!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Panama City, FL
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here a year ago and loved it. This time, not so much. We asked for a list of tv stations for 3 days and still haven't gotten one. I have to call the office to find a channel. The guest notebook in the desk is empty, the one that should have hotel and area info, it's empty. We got a smoking room and had to use the soap dish the first night because there was no ashtray. We asked housekeeping for a tv channel listing and their response was to ignore that and take the Home Box Office guide.

• Stayed December 2013
WineCountryHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Wine Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
I'd like to thank clmfla for taking the time to share their experience. I want to apologize that your stay was not as successful as your previous stay was. According to our records I show that we did indeed replace your television listing. When I inspected the room today (your departure date), the listing was there on the desk, so I'm confused as to why you would say you never received it. I apologize that the directory and ashtray was missing on your first night. On a side note, all our televisions display the network when you change channels to make it easier to find what you are looking for.
Again, thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, and we hope to see you again the next time you are in our area.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel 100+- nights a year for business and typically don't stay at Best Westerns. But I'm glad I ventured away from my point collecting ways and stayed at the BW in Santa Rosa.

If you stay at hotels long enough you learn to spot and grow tired of hotel staff's forced smiles and bs upbeat tones of voice. When I went into the lobby of Santa Rosa's Best Western, I was greeted by Abiel who had a genuine smile and was truly happy to answer dinning and area specific questions. Knowledgeable, friendly, and pleasant. I was also given a bag with a wine key, chocolate AND microwave popcorn. I'm not typically to excited by popcorn but having traveled for hours that day, it was a great touch; popcorn + HBO is a nice way to unwind.

They are set up motel style with doors directly to an outside walkway but don't let that deter you, their rooms are actually pretty cool. I stayed in 211(I think) and was very happy with the palm tree flanked balcony.

This is not a luxury hotel and they do not have Westin beds but they certainly have great people working there, cool and clean rooms, at a great price.

I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Facing the front door, I stayed 2nd floor on the far left corner. I liked that the balcony was made...