“Not what I expected from a Hilton”

Hilton Sonoma Wine Country
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
GreenLeadersGold level
Sacramento, California
“Not what I expected from a Hilton”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The place was ok but it was easily the worst Hilton I've stayed in which is why I give it a poor rating. For the price and for being a Hilton we should have gotten at least average. It is spread out but that's not a bad thing. The carpet is old the place is old. Our beds were horrible. Hilton has a webpage where you can actually buy their beds and I liked the Hilton we stayed in so much in Dallas that I almost ordered beds from there. These beds were old and any movement at all could be felt by the other person sharing the bed. Didn't make for a good nights rest.
Overall it was pretty quiet but in the middle of the night I could hear the people above us stomping around.
The pool was nice and is heated. Overall I guess it was ok but next time we're in the area I think I'll try another hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
HiltonSonomaWineCtry, General Manager at Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
It is truly disappointing to learn that your encounter was far from what we expect for our guests. A stay at our wine country hotel can be such a magical experience and many who visit enjoy so much of what we have to offer, including impeccable service and peaceful accommodations. We truly apologize if that was not the case while you were here and will share your comments with our management team. Thank you for your feedback, we hope that the next time you are in Santa Rosa you will give us another chance to provide you with the type of experience you deserve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Korean first
Finland
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The bed wasn't very comfortable. Forgot to mention during checkout that there was an apple under one the beds. Didn't want to touch it since i didn't know how long it had been there. We enjoyed the heated pool.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
While we are grateful for your comments and glad you enjoyed our outdoor heated pool, we couldn’t be more disappointed to learn that your experience was not ideal in all ways and ask that you accept our apologies if you found anything amiss in your guest room. Please know that your comments will be shared with our housekeeping associates to ensure that all areas are the best that they can be. Your feedback is of great value to us and we hope you will consider staying again in the future so that we have the opportunity to improve your impressions. Thank you.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Arrived in the evening and were pleasantly surprised by a lobby wine tasting event. We were immediately invited to join and enjoyed the snacks and tasting - the staff was very helpful in answering questions about the next day's excursions. The room was well appointed and the beds were very comfortable!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonSonomaWineCtry, General Manager at Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Our Lobby wine tasting event is a lovely way to start your getaway off on the right foot! Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel. We are delighted that you appreciated not only your comfortable accommodations, but also the hospitality of our associates. We do hope to see you again.
California
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Looks very nice from the outside, but the hallway carpets needed vacuuming and didn't look clean. I had booked a room with a lanai, but was told I was given an upgrade to a suite... I thought it was a lanai suite, but it wasn't. When I called the front desk, they then said the suite I requested had a leak and offered me another lanai room. Why didn't they say that up front? "The Lanai connects to neighboring rooms and has a patio table with umbrella and chairs" this is what their website showed, but to me it was misleading. The lanai area is an open patio/deck not private, so anyone could be sitting outside your bedroom door at the patio table. Had a free wine tasting from 5:30-7:30. Their restaurant had good food. Doubt if I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonSonomaWineCtry, General Manager at Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for sharing comments regarding your stay. It is disappointing when a visit is not what our guests anticipated and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered. Our Lanai guest rooms offer a lovely way to enjoy the beauty of the out of doors but the space is indeed shared. We regret if you felt misled in any way. We do hope you will reconsider another visit in the future so that we can provide you with the type of encounter you deserve.
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I decided to visit Sonoma Valley for our 25th Wedding Anniversary trip. Being a Hilton Honors guy, I picked the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, which turned out to be the best decision I've made in awhile. I called to speak with the concierge to give me some suggestions on wineries to visit, etc. There is no concierge, however Chelsea Martinez is the assistant front office manager who graciously offered to put a suggested itinerary together. She asked what types of wine we enjoyed, then expertly tailored a combination of small vineyards along with a large one to visit. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner suggestions were spot on as well. She was always prompt to respond to any questions, I can honestly say between her and the staff here, I have experienced some of the best customer service in years. We look forward to visiting again in the near future and challenging Chelsea to trump her initial effort!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that gives you access to a common balcony area overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stuart M
Wine country is a fantastic place to explore and what could be a better time to do it than with a romantic, celebratory trip for your momentous occasion? It is wonderful to know that our associates were able to provide you with the perfect tour of the area and ideal selection of wineries to try out, as well as local dining. Your lovely feedback will be shared with everyone here, particularly those you have mentioned by name. We look forward to you staying with us again at the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country Hotel. Happy Anniversary!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Going to wine country can get pricey. And I like to spend my money on good wine and food, rather than over-priced accommodations that are all too common in the region. But of course I also want to be comfortable and treated well. My room here was very quiet and the bed and room quite comfortable. The building I was in seemed to be relatively new and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Combine all of that with an afternoon tasting of some good quality wine and some cheese -- I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelRaven
HiltonSonomaWineCtry, General Manager at Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Taking a break to visit Sonoma Wine Country can be such an exciting time and we couldn't be happier to know you enjoyed your stay with us. All of our associates will love to know you found them to be so friendly as it is always our goal to provide hospitable and helpful service. From comfortable and peaceful accommodations to our wine tasting and more, it sounds like the perfect combination for a getaway. Thank you for sharing your feedback and recommendation; it would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Santa Rosa
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Scary noises coming from the wall. The staff denied the problem. I did not sleep at all. The manager did give me a full refund and was very nice. No I would not stay here again. Sorry but for a lady to be afraid to sleep is not good. Fix your plumbing.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Positive or otherwise, we appreciate hearing from all of our guests. However, we couldn’t be more disappointed by your comments and ask that you accept our sincerest apologies if any sounds from outside your guest room were of disruption to your rest. We truly regret that we were not able to provide you with a better experience while you were here, when it would have mattered the most. Thank you for your time.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Vintners Inn
Vintners Inn
#2 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Hilton Sonoma Wine Country? Share your experiences!