“Average -”
Review of Fountaingrove Inn

Fountaingrove Inn
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I was sent to this hotel because my reservation at the Hilton 1 block away was somehow cancelled. They told me this was a 4-star venue so I didn't worry that much. Reality is that this is barely a 3-star hotel. Let me explain why:

1. They didn't have water or a fridge in the room,
2. wifi was not working when I arrived and the employee at the front-desk was unable to reset the wifi router (it was 2.30 am!) - so I had to get up from bed and use the lobby's only internet connection,
3. Rooms were very small, compared with a Hilton in this location,
4. Quality of linen was also much less compared with other 4-stars,
5. The main entrance roof looks stained and worn, somebody should fix that,
6. They didn't have any room-service or a kiosk where I could buy some food,

I have to say I felt I was unfailry treated by Hilton by sending me here, and at the same time by Fountaingrove Inn as they were not able to accomplish any of my basic requirements: food & Internet, with what I would say it's a 4-star standard. Perhaps I am too picky, but I was hoping that from a similar hotel to a 4-star Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Guz V

Reviewed 21 September 2012

this is an excellent starting place for wine country adventures since there are great wineries between santa rosa and sonoma.

excellent value $135/night king suite
comfy bed
spacious room with sitting area, flat screen TV
nice, but standard bath
AC
fridge
kitchenette
great outdoor pool/hot tub

best supper & breakfast we've ever head. high quality ingredients. $10/person for breakfast buffet

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nella024
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This is our Santa Rosa staple hotel. Quiet and classy, we like it. While not a five star, it has clean rooms that rival many top notch Hotels. This last stay we were able to get a junior suite for a very reasonable price. Enjoyed the breakfast buffet...which was not a blow out but quite delicious. Have also enjoyed the lounge and dinner facilities on different trips. Sometimes you can get deals for $99 per night. Free WiFi....a plus as most higher starred hotels charge $12-15 per day through a third party. On the north end of town, the Fountain Grove is for !

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here with a large group for a race in July. We had our issues while checking in and the staff was extremely accommodating, and even sent us a bottle of wine to apologize for the issues. They kept our group close to each other (which was appreciated by us AND the other guests) and allowed us to bring our bikes and other sports equipment into the rooms. The rooms were very clean and modern and the lobby area was the perfect gathering area for our group.

The breakfast was amazing and the pool facilities were great - they even turned a blind eye to us when we remained in the pool well past it's closing time as long as we kept the noise to a minimum.

The location was perfect for us - our race was in Guerneville and we did sightseeing all over the Napa and Sonoma area. The staff provided excellent winery and dinner recommendations, and accommodated late check out and extended stay requests. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We loved our stay at Fountain Grove. The rooms are nicely appointed, clean and very large. It was a great home base for touring sonoma wine country.
We took full advantage of the jacuzzi and the pool after our days of exploring wine country.
The room had a few things minor things that keep it from a 5 star hotel, the finishing wasn't perfect, some of the linings on the lamp shades were hanging but otherwise, the rooms were very clean and well maintained. Also, we had no water upon waking up the first morning, apparently due to city work and the staff did offer to let us shower in another room in another wing but we waited it out.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night during my husband's business trip. Don't let the older funky exterior of the buildings scare you off. Our room was very nice and obviously renovated. Our room was large and spacious. The king bed was very comfortable and we slept well. The shower is good too. The wifi worked well. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Room was good sized for couple, quiet despite proximity to hiway. Vety easy wi-fi connection, nice bathroom.
Dined out but tried bar later. Tiny wine list (for Sonoma) and slowish service despite bar 50% empty.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Vintners Inn
#2 of 24 in Santa Rosa
Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport
Best Western Dry Creek Inn

Been to Fountaingrove Inn? Share your experiences!