Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Great place to stay while on business”
Review of Fountaingrove Inn

Fountaingrove Inn
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I look forward to traveling to Santa Rosa knowing I will stay at Fountain Grove. The staff are always very accommodating and friendly. I like that they acknowledge that I am a repeat costumer and where I prefer to stay in the hotel. The highlight for me is the pool and spa, which I think is one of the most beautiful given this type of hotel. The location is great, right off the freeway with easy on and off access. I think the breakfast is a step up from most business hotels and again the staff are friendly and helpful. We have had dinner there also and can be a bit pricy, but after a long day it's nice not to have to leave the hotel. Sometimes there is wine or stacks in the lobby and there is usually bottled water in the room or by the pool. It's in my top 10 for business hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2013

The hotel is welcoming in every way with nice front desk staff and beautifully decorated lobby and restaurant and plenty of parking. The rooms are budget business style with fairly comfortable beds but thin linens. Closet space is ample and a small refrigerator is in the room but no bottled waters. The bathroom is OK but the water pressure is beyond dismal and barely spurts. Amenities are cheap and the soaps are wafer thin worse than an Econo Lodge. There is a desk area for work but good luck trying to find a receptacle to plug in a laptop or mobile phone. Rooms are dark and old to say the least and really need an update. (restaurant reviewed separately) Prices are not cheap for this sort of property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for 5 nights. We booked the hotel in person. We were staying at a different hotel that I was not happy with so we decided to book somewhere else. We walked in about 10 pm to book the room. The staff showed me a room before we booked and we did receive a AAA discount. The rate was very reasonable. We did pay a different rate for weekend nights then we did for week days. I felt since we were staying so many nights they should give me a break on price but I know this is standard policy in hospitality. The hotel is very quiet and I did not have any issues with road noise. I didn't even hear people in the next room. The free wi-fi was great. I thought the room was very clean and the bed comfortable. It was a nice size room also. We just had a junior suite. The gym area was nice. There were two treadmills an elliptical and some weight machines. The pool area was also very nice. There were only 6 lounge chairs so you had to go to the pool at the right time to get a seat. We were visiting over a holiday so it was crowded but I can't imagine it is like this all the time. I think for the most part 6 lounge chairs is more than enough. There are also tables and chairs where you can sit and eat lunch or hang out by the pool. You can order lunch to the pool which was a nice touch. I did think the menu didn't have a lot of options and was very expensive so I never took advantage of that. The only thing that bothered me was the carpet in the hallways. It definitely needs a good cleaning or replacing. When we were there they had put pink powder down on a few spots and I thought it would get cleaned up in a day or two once the stain was gone but when we checked out of the hotel the pink powder was still there. The carpet was especially worn walking up to the gym. That is my only complaint. Overall, we had a great stay and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2013

We were slightly apprehensive about the Fountaingrove, but our stay here was very good. Yes, the carpets in the hallway may have seen better days, but the room was spacious, quiet and the bed was very large and very comfortable. We found the breakfast a little repetitive after two days, but given the location, there are plenty of other places to eat. We had drinks and lunch in here on our arrival, which were excellent. The hotel has a 70s/80s feel, which personally I like. I'd return without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2013

This hotel was ideally situated for exploring wine country being just off the 101 in Santa Rosa. We used this place as a base to tour both the Sonoma and Napa Valleys.....as far west as Bodega Bay and east including Napa, Calistoga, Sonoma towns. We planned lots of day trips with everything being within about an hour away. This hotel had great customer service and very comfortable beds, but the reviews about being a bit dated and the carpets needing replacing or deep cleaning, were right on. Many hallway and stairway carpets were stained or stained brown from heavy traffic. The room had a slight dusty/musty...I think, perhaps, they never (or rarely) push the beds out of the way and vacuum the carpet underneath. Some reviews spoke of noise or road noise...we didn't have any problem with noise.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LOVEnLIVETOEAT
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We typically stay at hotel chains like Hilton or Hyatt so I was a little apprehensive about staying at Fountaingrove Inn, but the reviews were pretty reassuring so we took the chance. We were pleasantly surprised!

We stayed mid-week for two nights in June and arrived to a warm welcome at the front desk. The front desk staff was always pleasant and very helpful when we had questions or needed directions. The room itself was pretty standard - nothing extraordinary, but was very clean. Our room had two double beds that were quite comfortable. The room had a separate sitting area with a couch, 2nd tv , mini fridge and a Keurig coffee maker. The separate sitting area was a nice to have since my husband and I were traveling with our little girl. It allowed us to be able to watch tv while she slept in the bedroom area. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but very clean. The sink was in a separate area outside the bathroom which we didn't particularly like because it was hard to keep quiet when needing to use the sink because of it's close proximity to the bed area.

Hotel grounds/exterior are well lit and maintained and there is plenty of parking. The hotel is close to the road so you do hear some traffic, particularly trucks and sirens, but overall not that bad. The hotel in only a few min from the downtown area of Santa Rosa.

We would definitely recommend staying at Fountaingrove Inn and hope to do so ourselves again in the near future!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We read all the reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to stay here on our way to southern CA. I called and the desk clerk held our room for us with out a credit card. How often does that happen. Upon check in we were up graded to a jr suite. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple