My wife and I arrived on a Thursday with our rental car ready for some Sonoma county wine barrel tasting after flying into Oakland International. We were greeted at the front desk by 2 very helpful and courteous employees who quickly checked us into our Jr suite then provided us with wine country pamphlets and a map for our exploring. As we prepared to leave the lobby one of the employees informed us that the hotel restaurant was closed due to remodeling, I thought that was a little funny considering their website never mentioned the closure.
Anyway we returned to our rental car and drove to the North building where our room was to drop off our luggage and get settled in. The distance from the lobby to the North building is 100+ yards so I would suggest to anyone who has a car and is staying in that building to drive over for convenience and ease. First thing I noticed when I entered the building was the worn and dated carpet, then into our room I found the same dated furnishings including a 15 yrs old tube television in the sitting room with the other old furniture. The room smelled a little musty and stuffy so I opened our hotel window for some fresh air and Hwy 101 traffic noise. The hotel is conveniently located right off of Hwy 101, what we didn't realize was the traffic noise on a Thursday night at 10pm was not much different than the traffic noise at 5pm. Not the hotel's problem, however the old hotel windows do not suppress exterior noise all that well, I'll explain in more detail.
Sometime around 9pm Thursday night we returned to our hotel room after exploring downtown Santa Rosa and realized the traffic noise from Hwy 101 was coming through with the window closed, not very happy at this point but too tired to make an issue of it. Shortly after climbing into bed, somebody working on the restaurant remodel or in the bar decided it was time to start up a gas powered pressure washing to do some cleaning. It was now 10pm and the pressure washing continued for 40 more minutes, I finally fell asleep until the 10:55pm phone call to our room when I woke to answer the phone it stopped ringing, so back to sleep I went until 11:09pm when the pressure washer started up again. Now that I was wide awake, I decided it was time to let the front desk know that running the pressure washer after 11pm wasn't acceptable, the young man who answered immediately apologized to me and said they were supposed to stop at 11pm, soon after the pressure washer finally stopped.
Needless to say our 4 night stay at the Fountaingrove Inn turned into an early morning checkout after a 1 night stay and on to a much better albeit franchise upper end hotel in downtown Santa Rosa.
I wouldn't stay at this hotel until they make some significant changes along with updating the furnishings and or lowering the nightly room rates...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the late hours of October 8, 2017, Fountaingrove Inn | The Steakhouse @ Equus fell victim to the devastating fire in Sonoma County, and guests were subsequently evacuated. At this time we are unable to conduct business in any capacity. As we have more information we will post updates. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tragic fire. -Justin Hayman, General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fountaingrove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountaingrove Hotel Santa Rosa
- Fountaingrove Santa Rosa
- Fountaingrove Inn Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, CA