“This is my 2nd review (it remains AWESOME)”
Review of Fountaingrove Inn

Fountaingrove Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Minato, Japan
“This is my 2nd review (it remains AWESOME)”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We keep coming back and love to stay at the Fountain Grove. Many of the staff remain the same. Certainly (long term staff) the sign of a great employer where all is done well. The rooms and service remain great. i particulary love the real creamer in the fridge for the coffee. They also provide teas. Nice touch.

Room Tip: We stay in the suits, very nice & big rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
jhayman79, General Manager at Fountaingrove Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear moshisan,

Thank you for sharing your 2nd 5 star review of Fountaingrove Inn on Trip Advisor!

We genuinely appreciate your positive feedback and loyalty, and hope to see you again soon!

Justin Hayman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Try an stay here when ever i am in town Usually for a show at the Wells Fargo Center 1 mile away. Great place to see a show.Fountaingrove Inn has been there awhile.But is in great shape an has it's unique atmosphere..Stone an wood gives it a unique feel. DO NOT MISS. There Happy Hour in the bar. They have Super Good price on tasty hordouvzres <sorry on spelling>.Good much of people also there enjoying Happy hour with you. People that work there are always friendly an helpful.Again treat employees with respect an they will return the kindness.I have bid on priceline an got standard room. Very Nice an also on web site off season deal. travelzoo groupon etc.an got one of there big suite.I was a big hit with the wife on that one!Either way place is a lot of fun.Top it off with a show at the WFC.

Room Tip: Take a chance if you can book in advance a few weeks an try bidding on it priceline. especially if i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear bynner,

Thank you for sharing your great 5 star review with the Trip Advisor audience!

It's great seeing you enjoyed your time in our lounge and hotel. You are spot on - we're in very close proximity to the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. They have a terrific schedule this year - we hope you'll stay with us again when coming up for your next show!

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for a night while visiting family in Santa Rosa. I'm a bit of a clean freak and always anxious about staying in hotels. After reading some of the reviews on TA, I was a little concerned, but I got a great deal on Fountaingrove Inn through Hotels.com.

The hotel was way better than I expected. It was very clean, pretty updated, quiet, and the service was great. Also, the beds were SO comfortable!

My only complaint is that the TV picture was terrible. Not a deal breaker, though.

Definitely a good mid-level option when in SR.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank emiliewasmyeve
Dear emilywasmyeve,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience here on Trip Advisor!

It's certainly great seeing your experience was a positive one. With respect to the television reception - that's something we're looking into upgrading - stay tuned!

Napa, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very accommodating to our requests - gave us a menu of pet-friendly restaurants, wineries, dog parks, etc. The happy hour at the Eqquis restaurant was very 'happy' and we couldn't have been more comfortable.

We didn't have decaf coffee in our room on the first morning, so we asked for some and they brought it immediately. For the next 3 days there was decaf in the room, along with 1/2 & 1/2 in a little bowl in our frig. If you're traveling with or without your dog, stay at the Fountaingrove.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg G
Dear 1Grady1,

Thank you for the terrific 5 star review!

I'm pleased the staff at both the hotel and our restaurant, Equus, took great care of you.

We look forward to seeing you here again soon!

Napa, California
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is the second time we've stayed at the Fountaingrove; the first with our pooch. The place is conveniently located (close enough to Peet's coffee, and very close to WIlli's WIne Bar!) and near the freeway, but still a quality property. The rooms are nicely appointed and roomy enough, always been very clean and the staff is always low-key, very genuine and helpful. Nice walking trail up the hill for morning dog walks, very pet friendly place, and although we haven't tried out the Equis restaurant there on site for dinner (with Willi's so close, it's hard to pass it up...and if you don't know about it and you love food and wine, get yourself to Willi's!) but had a couple nice drinks at happy hour with very friendly bar and wait staff (although their by the glass list could use some upgrading...just sayin'). Quiet even tho close to 101, in-room fridges, Comfy beds, Kuerig coffee makers...no complaints! A pretty property for such a convenient location.

Room Tip: The room we had in the main building (where the front desk is located) seemed to bit more kept up...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear KimWG,

Thank you for sharing this great feedback with the Trip Advisor crowd!

It's great reading that you (and your pooch) enjoyed your time here at Fountaingrove Inn. A suggestion for your next trip - take advantage of the many pet-friendly wineries. We have a robust listing of them and everything dog related available at the Front Desk.

We'd also love to have you in Equus - I think you'll be pleased.

Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Before reviewing this hotel I ought warn travelers to be beware the booking process employed by this hotel. Before booking this hotel a couple of months ago I went to Tripadvisor to find a hotel in California wine country. After deciding on this hotel, I got the prices from TripAdvisor. I then attempted to phone the Fountaingrove front desk to see if there were any specials. Instead of the front desk I got some sort of agency on the phone who quoted me a price $80 higher than the one on TripAdvisor. After protesting the person asked if I was a member of AARP orAAA when I said yes they offered a price $80 cheaper. I advise readers to be careful of this ploy.
Now the hotel. I arrived during a wine tasting which seemed like a great idea to have in the lobby. I was checked at the reception desk by Jennifer who was very efficient & competent. However, the other receptionist was discussing a wine she was drinking with another lady in such a loud voice that I had trouble checking in.
The rooms are adequate for a motel. The bed is very comfortable but other parts of the room showed their age. There were chips out of the the furniture and the skid bars in the bath tub were loose, that being said the space was clean & neat. The place definitely needs to be upgraded & renovated.
Staff is generally competent & helpful with a couple of exceptions. Food is good but overpriced.

Room Tip: Suggest picking a room away from the road
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank magpie172
jhayman79, General Manager at Fountaingrove Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Magpie172,

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback about your recent stay at Fountaingrove Inn. I am disappointed we didn't meet your expectations, and plan to use your comments as a guide toward improving.

I would be grateful if you would take a brief moment to send me a private message or phone me at 707-566-3175 to discuss your experience in reserving your room. I would need some information prior to investigating/taking corrective action.

Again, thank you for staying with us - I do hope you'll return in the future.

caspar
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The front desk was very helpful and friendly. They went out of thete way to give me directions to an appointment. the bed was comfortable. Downstairs room had a window that opens. Could here upstairs shower and footprints.Pool was warm and clean.the restaurant has good northern California specialties. Close to highway, on the north end of santa rosa.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Marissadelmar,

Thank you for taking the time to share this great feedback with the Trip Advisor audience! It's nice hearing you enjoyed your experience here at Fountaingrove Inn. I'll certainly share your praise with our front desk staff - it's sure to uplift their spirits.