“**A Week away**”

Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
San Antonio, Texas
“**A Week away**”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My boyfriend and I are fans of this place. Centrally located, everywhere drove was 30 minutes or less through the beautiful California scenery and less than 10 minutes to downtown. We loved the hot tub and the hotel bar is fully stocked! We also thought the staff was very polite. The Hotel has a 1970s Vibe that we liked as well and was very clean. We would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chelsey0529

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Washington,DC
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Flew to San Fran to visit my sister, and we wanted to visit Calistoga to soak in hot springs.There were no rooms to be had in Calistoga, so we picked Fountain Grove because its relatively strong TripAdvisor ratings.

Pros:
1. Very clean in the room
2. Has an outdoor pool
3. Friendly front desk staff

Cons:
1. The property could use some upgrades, such as new flooring in the common spaces. The carpets were stained.
2. As others have noted, there are no locks on the exterior doors or pool. This should be remedied immediately.
3. There were no towels at the pool, and it appears that the staff doesn't stock them there (perhaps because it's not locked?). Fix #2 and then #3.

I'd give it a B, and I'd stay there again in a pinch, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DCmetrodogmom
jhayman79, General Manager at Fountaingrove Inn, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear DCmetrodogmom,

Thank you very much for your review, we certainly appreciate your feedback!

I've shared your comments with our staff, and we are currently in the process of addressing the concerns outlined in your review.

Again, thank you for your response. We look forward to serving you in the future!

California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a suite and it was comfortable and clean. The staff was very helpful about the local area and directions. However, the hotel is a little past it's prime. This was evident in things like the lack of screens on the windows, lack of noise proofing - able to hear freeway noise at night - and stale smelling hallways. Had dinner at the restaurant on site and it was very good. I would stay here again for a short trip or business.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face highway 101.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank RamblinDogs
Dear RamblinDogs,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to critique your recent visit. I certainly appreciate your feedback and am looking into your concerns.

Thank you for staying with us - we hope to have you back again very soon.

No. California
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Have stayed at the Fountaingrove Inn several times and was very pleased with the service, room and dining room. My wife and I visit Santa Rosa frequently to visit our daughter. We own our own business so always need to be connected to the internet service which at the Fountaingrove is very dependable. Great location, Great facilities, Great service and Great Food & Beverage. I would highly recommend the Fountaingrove Inn to anyone traveling for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: we like the second floor on the back side of the main hotel building
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank PortNo_California
Dear PortNo_California,

Thank you for leaving this fantastic 5 star review!!

Your feedback is thoroughly appreciated - I'll be sure to share with our staff. We look forward to your next visit!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I would like to start off by saying that the room itself was not all that bad. Very clean! However the hallway carpets, stairs and lobby furniture are stained and FILTHY! I was grossed right out! We opted to leave after only one night instead of two. The pools were not clean, tidy or spa like! Oh and the free wifi was non existent except if I sat by our door on the floor or went in to the lobby. The service though was exceptional. Very friendly and helpful. I feel sorry for them that they have to represent this hotel but they were what made this hotel shine! The buffet breakfast and restaurant staff were also very good! Lots of variety with the buffet. I unfortunately would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless they do a complete overhaul.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Sheri B
Dear Sheri B,

Thank you for staying with us and for providing this valuable feedback.

I am grateful for your comments, be it the terrific comments about the staff to the constructive regarding the carpet. Your feedback provides a tool for improving our operation and is appreciated.

I do hope you'll consider us the next time you're contemplating a visit to Sonoma Wine Country.

Moultrie, GA
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights during a family vacation last week. We had a spacious room with two queens which was perfect for us. The room was well maintained, and the bathroom was also roomy and had been updated. My wife and I had breakfast in the restaurant one morning which was good and plentiful. There was a buffet but we ordered off the menu.

The best part of our stay was the concierge, Chris. He was most helpful and set us up for a tour at one of the Dry Creek Rd wineries which also had produced olive oil. That was important since our youngest daughter was under 21 but loves olive oil. We could not have asked for better treatment. It made our day! Thank you Chris.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank robinsoniv
Dear robinsoniv,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful 5 star review on Trip Advisor!

Your glowing review is most certainly well-received. I'm pleased you were impressed with the accommodations.

I'll be sure to share your comments with Chris. He is a terrific ambassador for us as well as Sonoma Wine Country.

We look forward to your next visit!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We called 3 hours in advance to get early check-in. They couldn't manage that. They put us in a room that had a broken toilet with a broken fixture by the sink. We called to fix the toilet and they rigged it with an open screw that was unsafe. They they offered to switch our rooms to a more expensive room after the fix didnt even work, but at a higher price! And they kept us waiting in the lobby for an hour after checkout before they cleaned it. The hotel is an absolute mess and should be avoided at all costs!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kuiper1
Dear Kuiper1,

Thank you kindly for providing feedback following your recent visit.

I apologize we weren't able to accommodate your early check in request. We do offer early check-ins whenever possible. Your pointing out maintenance related items is appreciated; I've addressed these with the staff.

I do hope you'll consider staying with us in the future.

General Manger