All reviewsfountain groveequus restaurantwine countrythe hotel's restaurantbreakfast buffetwine tastingkeurig coffee makerking roomwould stay here againsonoma countyeasy accesscomfy bedthe room was nicechrismoranowineriesconcierge
Reviewed 2 February 2010

got a one nighter for family reasons,the room was great ,the bed was certainly 4 or 5 star,events got us back to the inn late into the morn.they opened the restraunt early for our group (5).menu was limited ,service was great.curtis at the desk gave us a extended check out(!:00 pm) class act.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samsterWintersCa_
Reviewed 7 December 2009

My wife and I spent a three day weekend at the Fountaingrove Inn. Typically, we stay at the Hilton located on the hill directly above the Fountaingrove, but this time, it was the Fountaingrove that accepted our bid through priceline. This was our third stay at the Fountaingrove as well as stays at several other hotels in the area; so, we do have a good idea of what is available by comparison.

The room and bathroom were large enough and appeared to be spotless. It was convenient having a small fridge in the room for snacks and drinks, and the other amenities, which were standard for a 3 star hotel, were all in good working order. The toiletries were of good quality, and while the linens were not spectacular, they were above average for a hotel. The front desk clerk at check-out and check-in was both friendly and efficient. A nice bonus was a wine tasting at the hotel on Friday night. The wine presented by Gloria Ferrer, both still and sparkling, was pleasant and the tasting provided an opportunity to socialize with some of the other guests at the hotel.

Now for the bad. I said the room appeared to be clean. Well after walking around the room in socks, it became apparent that a good shampooing of the carpets was definitely in order. You could see the wear in the well traveled hall carpeting,and I have no problem with that, but the carpeting in the rooms should not only be clean to the eye, but should be truly clean. My second gripe is something that I doubt the hotel has any control over, the showerhead. It was a low flow showerhead, undoubtedly required by local ordinance, that provided what amounted to a damp spray of air. I've talked about this before with my wife, but I may just start packing a real showerhead when I travel. Finally, the WiFi was spotty at best. I eventually gave up and took my lap top along with me when I went to get a mocha in the morning and used the WiFi available at the coffee shop.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lumbergh21
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Everything about this Hotel was 1st class...Service was AWESOME! Peaceful, quiet surroundings...nice property, very clean...employees couldn't do enough for you!!!
Would Definitely return w/my husband & found out pets are allowed, as well! (GREAT BONUS!!!) LOVED the Whole experience there!!!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank kcgilly
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Yep, second time staying here, liked it both times. I really like the location, just 35 min. from downtown calistoga - and cheaper than staying in the Napa Valley. It is also just 25 min from Healdsburg area (including Dry Creek). Rooms are comfortable but average. Not a great luxury stay but nice. Restraunt on property, but there are a ton of great places to eat around here. My recommend is Willeys Wine bar not even 10 min up the road from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jtripping
Reviewed 28 October 2009

we enjoyed the stay at this hotel. Average value for the price. the room was clean and comfortable. the on-site lounge/restaurant had great happy hour specials. travelers should know this hotel is located on a busy intersection 4-5 miles from the very nice downtown area.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple