All reviews fountain grove equus restaurant wine country the hotel's restaurant breakfast buffet wine tasting keurig coffee maker king room would stay here again sonoma county easy access comfy bed the room was nice chris morano wineries concierge
Reviewed 15 March 2010

We booked this room because we want our toddler to sleep with us so we picked the king room rather than the double queen. First, when we checked in, the staff gave us keys to a room that still have people inside. Imagine our -- and their -- surprise as we walked in on them! Not cool!! Then we went back and got the king-size room. Well, when we walked in, we thought it was a single. So we went back to the counter yet again for another room. To our surprise (yet again), the staff said that room indeed was a king size room -- just "california king". It was pure BS. We even "measured" the bed with our body length, the bed is just another queen. I complained to the staff, and he just "shrugged", explaining that his "computer" stated it was a king room.

The room was clean in general, but NEVER NEVER get the king room because it's not a king-size bed. Very disappointed.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2010

The hotel has no elevator, but you can drive around to the back and get to the second floor that way. For this reason the hotel has some motel drawbacks. Parking lot noise was noticable from our room because the parking lot was right outside our window. The "gym" is limited, the pool and hot tub are outside, so we didn't use it in the rain. This is a good hotel, free wifi, nice clean interior and it's been kept up. I don't know what other options would be available in Santa Rosa, but for the price I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConeRod
Reviewed 2 February 2010

got a one nighter for family reasons,the room was great ,the bed was certainly 4 or 5 star,events got us back to the inn late into the morn.they opened the restraunt early for our group (5).menu was limited ,service was great.curtis at the desk gave us a extended check out(!:00 pm) class act.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samsterWintersCa_
Reviewed 7 December 2009

My wife and I spent a three day weekend at the Fountaingrove Inn. Typically, we stay at the Hilton located on the hill directly above the Fountaingrove, but this time, it was the Fountaingrove that accepted our bid through priceline. This was our third stay at the Fountaingrove as well as stays at several other hotels in the area; so, we do have a good idea of what is available by comparison.

The room and bathroom were large enough and appeared to be spotless. It was convenient having a small fridge in the room for snacks and drinks, and the other amenities, which were standard for a 3 star hotel, were all in good working order. The toiletries were of good quality, and while the linens were not spectacular, they were above average for a hotel. The front desk clerk at check-out and check-in was both friendly and efficient. A nice bonus was a wine tasting at the hotel on Friday night. The wine presented by Gloria Ferrer, both still and sparkling, was pleasant and the tasting provided an opportunity to socialize with some of the other guests at the hotel.

Now for the bad. I said the room appeared to be clean. Well after walking around the room in socks, it became apparent that a good shampooing of the carpets was definitely in order. You could see the wear in the well traveled hall carpeting,and I have no problem with that, but the carpeting in the rooms should not only be clean to the eye, but should be truly clean. My second gripe is something that I doubt the hotel has any control over, the showerhead. It was a low flow showerhead, undoubtedly required by local ordinance, that provided what amounted to a damp spray of air. I've talked about this before with my wife, but I may just start packing a real showerhead when I travel. Finally, the WiFi was spotty at best. I eventually gave up and took my lap top along with me when I went to get a mocha in the morning and used the WiFi available at the coffee shop.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lumbergh21
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Everything about this Hotel was 1st class...Service was AWESOME! Peaceful, quiet surroundings...nice property, very clean...employees couldn't do enough for you!!!
Would Definitely return w/my husband & found out pets are allowed, as well! (GREAT BONUS!!!) LOVED the Whole experience there!!!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo