All reviewsfountain groveequus restaurantwine countrythe hotel's restaurantbreakfast buffetwine tastingkeurig coffee makerking roomwould stay here againsonoma countyeasy accesscomfy bedthe room was nicechrismoranowineriesconcierge
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Stayed at Fountaingrove Inn as a first stop before wine country. My husband loves beer, so we wanted to go to the Russian River Brewery in downtown Santa Rosa. The hotel is not within walking distance to downtown SR, but is on the bus route. The lobby is very relaxing, with rock waterfalls. The room was clean, spacious and opened to a view of lush plants. If you're just stopping for the night, this is a good pick. If you want wine country fancy, go somewhere else. We liked it because it was clean and convenient to the highway and in the vicinity of the brewery. Oh, the wireless internet is REALLY slow.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Made a reservation through Hotwire. My wife and I were traveling with our nephew who is 20 years old, when we went to check in they tried to put us in a king room with roll away or sleeper couch instead of two queen beds as they stated they only had to accommodate the number of guests. I was making a call to Hotwire to protest the deal and state they need to make the print bolder where it states "room will accommodate the number guests select no guarantees on room booked" when the front desk clerk suddenly had an open two queen room. Definite 3 star no better, it was clean, but dated. Restaurant happy on Tuesday is a rip off $2 appetizers that are small bites, i.e. you get one item i.e. egg rolls you get one, You can do better with the Hilton that is directly above it on the bluff

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank thekegler
Reviewed 6 June 2010

I had a confirmed reservation for a Thursday night stay for a room with two beds as I was traveling with my mother. I tried to check in at 4:20 pm only to be told that they could not give me a room with two beds. I had booked thru Priceline and I was told they did not have to honor my reservation, that I could check back later that night to see if anyone had canceled. We left and went down the street to a real nice Holiday Inn Express where we checked in with no problems. Yes, I had already paid for the Priceline room and there are no refunds. Fountaingrove Inn is a 3.5 star hotel on Priceline.

• Stayed: June 2010
4  Thank Grandma1948044
Reviewed 29 May 2010

This is NOT a 4 or 3.5 star hotel, as priceline or other sites would have you believe. The lobby is nice and the location near the freeway is decent - and that's pretty much it. Our comforter was dirty, there was no duvet cover for the comforter, the "tv" was a 19" computer screen, the furniture was scratched and old, the lighting was poor and the staff had to keep reprogramming the keys so we could get in. While we usually park ourselves and carry our own luggage, I would expect a 3.5 or 4 star hotel to have valet parking and a bellman to help carry guest bags. No such luck. Basically, this seemed to me a hotel that was past its prime and, in my opinion, more like a 2 star than a 4 star.

2  Thank Pennypincher5
Reviewed 27 May 2010

This is the second time we've stayed at Fountain grove and we were once again impressed with the simplicity and beauty of our room. We had to change our reservation by one night...no problem...came in tired and we were offered a room upgrade! Very much appreciated. We even found a Trader Joe's very close by. This is a great place to stay while journeying along the 101.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business