I'll try to give you things I look for in a review:
1. Location: We were going for a wine country escape weekend and I couldn't remember if we had been to Santa Rosa or Sonoma previously. It wasn't Santa Rosa. While it's a nice town, we didn't expect to be near office buildings, a huge HMO and other such commercial offerings. We were looking for a more quaint experience. If you don't care about those things - it's a great location with easy access to the highway.
2. Hotel Rooms: Small but not cramped, beds are very comfortable. Need to plan to request extra pillows (King room 2 provided) and towels (only 2 provided). The room was mostly quiet, we did hear construction noise on a Friday morning, but nothing over the weekend. The bathrooms were very clean. My biggest complaint, they are small, the mirrors are too low (I'm 5'9" and felt like I had to duck down to blow dry my hair), there is no fan and when you are in the shower with the curtain drawn, it's so dark you can barely shave your legs.
3. Hotel in general: Easy to find location, very friendly staff. The fitness room is kind of a joke, there is 1 universal machine & 4 cardio machines. If you manage to get one, great, if not - your out of luck, people took their time when I was there, with little consideration to others who obviously wanted to use the machines. They do provide towels and water in the fitness room which is nice. The pool is small, but was nice to dip in after a hot day, I liked it. We did not visit the restaurant, but they do have a great happy hour on Tues & Thurs eves.
Complaints: I emailed the hotel prior to our stay, they never responded. We ordered extra towels, which were never delivered, so we had to go get some ourselves from the front desk. Our mattress pad had hair belonging to prior guests (disgusting) and we had to request a new one be put on. We complained and received a verbal apology (no discount or anything like that) from the horrified front desk staff, when I communicated to the manager, he didn't even respond with acknowledgment or apology.
Restaurants: We ate at 2 nearby restaurants: Boathouse Sushi - YUMM. In a safeway strip mall, but DELICIOUS! The 2nd was a pizza joint - Rosso Pizzeria. Not your pepperoni and sausage type of pizza, but it was delicious and the wait staff was excellent.
All in all - Santa Rosa and Fountaingrove were ok. We aren't going to stay there again, but if you get a great deal - it's a comfortable place and you'll get a good nights rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the late hours of October 8, 2017, Fountaingrove Inn | The Steakhouse @ Equus fell victim to the devastating fire in Sonoma County, and guests were subsequently evacuated. At this time we are unable to conduct business in any capacity. As we have more information we will post updates. Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tragic fire. -Justin Hayman, General Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Fountaingrove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fountaingrove Hotel Santa Rosa
- Fountaingrove Santa Rosa
- Fountaingrove Inn Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, CA