“This was a nice place to stay...”

Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We travelled here in August and had a really nice stay. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing. The rooms were clean and quiet. The location is very convenient. We had a death in the family and had to postpone our trip by a week. The staff was very kind and courteous and helped us in re-scheduling our reservation. We were so appreciative.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Don H, Front Office Manager at Flamingo Conference Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Thank you!

Reviewed 19 November 2009

We really enjoyed our stay ....from the pretty breakfast area to the gardens surrounding the pool. It is like stepping back in time with a makeover!!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you!

Reviewed 17 November 2009

The previous reviewer certainly seemed to have a nightmare experience at the Flamingo. My experience was quite pleasant, we just stayed two nights, and were out of the room most of the time. I experienced a friendly staff and decent housekeeping (they forgot to leave washcloths, no big deal). I found it curious that our room was described as newly renovated, some parts were (newer tile in the shower), while other parts weren't (dated bathroom countertop, plus older mirror in the bathroom, starting to lose some of its silvering on the back). The beds had the new style of white duvet covered comforters, then the drapes were what I call "Grandma blue". In our room was a smaller room with two twin beds, perfect for a family or in my case I just needed my own room (my traveling partner has different sleeping habits than myself) and this room had older style bedspreads, pale pink, dated looking wallpaper, and VERY dated light fixtures, all very well maintained, nothing broken, stained, etc. but again, the room was a mix of outdated and updated. So, for a quiet, reasonably priced, well-located place to stay - perfect, I would stay there again. Our room was very comfortable, beds were comfortable, etc., just an odd mix of decor.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much!

Reviewed 5 November 2009

The only positive part of this hotel was the banquet staff that was so helpful with serving the food, cleaning the banquet room, and if I had questions about technical issues. I was working at a conference held at the hotel and stayed as a guest for 2 days.

For a business/conference center to not provide internet access for conferences seems rediculous to me. I was told that in an "emergency" I could use their computers, but obviously it is no emergency just an extreme inconvenience. I was not allowed to receive an access code for service because the company I work for did not order it.

In addition, I thought it was very inappropriate for, who I observed to be one of the front office managers, to come into the banquet room while one of the speakers was speaking to count how many people were in attendance in order to charge.

My room was broken into while I was not in it, someone smoked weed, and I was blamed for it when I asked the front desk why my door was deadbolted. They had not investigated smelling weed and I, as an employee of a meeting being held at the hotel, was treated horribly by the staff.

On top of it all, I was not supposed to be charged for the room rate because it was on the company card. My card was taken in the beginning of my stay, as usual, for incidentals. I had to call back after my card was charged the full rate of the room for two nights because an employee did not think to follow what they had done for the other employees.

I think that if you have a choice between this one and another hotel, you should take my hint and go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank jpollock222

We're very sorry your stay in 2009 was less than you expected. A lot has changed at the hotel since then. We'd love to have you visit us again and see what's changed. Our internet access is freely available to hotel guests and guests of the conference center.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

After reading other reviews, my husband and I decided to give Flamingo a try. We payed a lot less, then high end hotels, but felt we got our moneys worth. The room was clean, quiet, and tastefully decorated. The pool was great, and several people were using it for swimming laps.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review. We're happy you could stay with us and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 8 October 2009

This is a fifties era resort hotel that has undergone significant renovation. Be sure to ask for the newest renovated executive rooms with up-to-date furnishings and included Internet access. They are currently running promotions - we stayed three nights for the price of two. We also had full access to the health club next door and a variety of local food and entertainment bonus offers. I was initially impressed by the reservation agent and again by the front desk person when we checked in. The room was spacious, clean and modern. My favorite was the pool! There were plenty of lounge chairs surrounding the Olympic size pool, cabana coverings for shade, a large hot tub and poolside food and beverage service. I didn't want to leave! Except that we really wanted to get over to the coast and hang out at a beach for a while, we wanted to taste a little wine and we wanted to go to the George Schultz Peanuts Museum. Yes, there is stuff to do in Santa Rosa.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and for your stay with us. We love to treat everyone like royalty, but also like locals when they want too. We're happy to suggest local spots to do just about anything in Sonoma County and Napa too!

Reviewed 28 August 2009

We stayed 3 nights at the Flamingo in June. It was a great experience. The outside is a little deceiving, but it has been remodeled recently. The pool is wonderful and has a big resort kind-of-feel. The lounge was a good place to unwind at the end of the day. Look this hotel up on-line. There has been a lot of history made here. Glad we could be a small part of it! We also had dinner one night at Johnny Garlic's, which is less than a mile away. Worth the walk! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009

Thank you very much for your review. We're thrilled you stayed with us in 2009. We'd love the opportunity to host you again.