Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South
Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Las Vegas, Nevada
“blah”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

average to say the least, check in girl was on a personal call and kept me waiting for several minutes. room was on third floor, lots of cigerette burns on old and worn carpet. In need of a renovation. Bed was noisy kept making noises whenever you moved. wasnt planning on cooking but checked it out, only 1 pot and no frying pan, seemed under stocked. Went for breakfast at 8am, coffee was cold and there was a muffin and an old orange.

1 Thank cityboy_nz
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that when you arrived our front desk agent was on a personal phone. Please know, this has been addressed with our staff and I am reviewing our company's standards of customer service with the entire team to ensure this action is not repeated. I also want to apologize for the room conditions you mentioned, and the grab-and-go breakfast items that were not available for you during your stay. In response, I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and review inventory procedures so that our breakfast options are plentiful and hot for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Santa Rosa, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

First, let me say that I didn't feel welcomed by the clerk at the front desk. Secondly, I was given a key to a room that apparently was being remodeled. Thirdly, the room I was given had no heater. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me at this hotel. There doesn't seem to be any leadership here. As well as nobody making rounds to see what works & what doesn't. Next time I plan to stay at a different hotel & recommend you do the same because there's also a lot of drug activity at this one.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank goodsamaritan321
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble while checking into the hotel, please accept my sincere apology for not making you feel welcome, and also for checking you into a room that was not completely ready for you to stay in. To prevent this from happening again, my team is re-training in all aspects of customer service and maintenance,

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I hope that you will contact me directly, at srs@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

We would love to have another opportunity to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Elk Grove, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed one night. Upon arrival (at 3:15pm) we noticed the grounds were looking very dirty. The check-in room/main office is about 10ftx 10 ft with two chairs & small end table between. The clerk was new & it took her awhile to check us in. The concrete walkway is very dirty, walls dirty, and large garbage cans accent the area quite well as if it was dump. Not appealing & it smells like garbage near by. You have to hold your breath to wait for the elevator or take the stairs to the 3rd floor for relief.The room is OK. HOWEVER....the kitchen looked run down. NO hair dryer available in the room (oops!) We had to ask the front desk for one, since there was no phone in the room. They asked for us to return the hair dryer upon departing. Not real accommodating. The walls of the rooms are quite thin because I could hear the guest in the next room walking & coughing. The breakfast area is a joke! There is a small credenza as you walked in the front door of the main office 10ftx10ft (be careful not to run into it) that contains the coffee, cereal, etc for breakfast . Where do you eat if your not in the room? NO WHERE. The departure was delay because no one was at the front desk. We had to wait for someone to show up. I don't recommend this place overnight & the management needs to clean it up. I rate this as Poor Customer Service overall.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rick G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Rick - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and for the service our staff provided. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with our housekeeping staff to enhance our cleaning services and inspection procedures moving forward. As well, they are providing the hotel with a deep clean. In addition, I am coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service in the future.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srs@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very helpful, accommodating reception and staff in general. Room was clean. Full sized fridge / freezer, kitchen sink, microwave and two stove top burners were great for meals. They offer little packets of dishwashing soap at check-in -- however there's no sponge/dish cloth for that sort of activity. It's not a ritzy neighborhood -- is near to strip of car sales dealerships. But I didn't see any unsavory characters. Fairly quiet. Biggest hassle was the lack of any smoking section, which you'll like if you're a smoker. Sure, inside my room was nonsmoking, but the outdoor hall outside my room, the stairs, in front of the office, basically anywhere I needed to walk, was not.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Wanderer292
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that while you stayed with us, you had a comfortable room, which was fresh and clean, and that all our staff were able to accommodate you with your needs. Please accept our apologies for all of the smoke you had to smell, even though it was outdoors, I can understand how frustrating it can be, please know that we will take your comments, and work on improving in this area.

Summerfield, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Our four night stay was wonderful. Staff was polite and helpful. Room was spacious and clean. Breakfast offered no protien, but the coffee was hot, strong and delicious, and there was fruit and several starch offerings. Very filling. The price was great. We highly recommend the motel, and if this is typical, the chain.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank garykme
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Gary - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is great to hear that our staff provided you with great service and that you enjoyed your clean, spacious room. As well, I am glad that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast overall, and will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to make updates to it in the future.

Edmonton, Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

found a bug in the bed,

All the furniture was in bad condition with the exception of a new flat screen. Electrical outlets are falling into the wall (more than one of them). The room was very dirty and just felt really sticky. The wife tried to convince me to sleep in the car instead.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gyro9
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I sincerely apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. To prevent this from happening again, I will be coaching my team to be more diligent in cleaning and inspecting the room before check-in. Still, I am pleased to see that our location was suited to your needs.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly, at srs@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Asbury, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I should first mention that I stayed here 3 years ago. My boyfriend and I traveled the country and fell in love with Sonoma County, CA. We decided to return and stayed for 6 months, all at the extended stay. The location is perfect, right off of 101. I have read reviews that said the area wasn't too great and I could understand where people might see that, but with the highway being right there.. Just don't venture to a shady looking block.. Maybe I'm just used to it being from NJ. I never felt unsafe. There were a lot of other ppl staying long term, and they became friends. My golden retriever was able to stay with us! I would give anything to be back there right now!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank schl3812016
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am thrilled that you and your boyfriend enjoyed our hotel's location and our property overall. As well, it is great to know that you made friends with other guests and really liked that we are pet-friendly. We hope you enjoyed your time in Sonoma County!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon in the very near future.