“Quiet and well situated accommodation”

Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South
Ranked #22 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed 3 nights and found the room quiet and comfortable. Ability to cook was a bonus. Kitchenware supplied on request. Staff were friendly and helpful. As far as a hotel is concerned .. I've stayed at worse .. and better. Value was fine for what was paid. I'd be okay staying here again, and referring friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank twubles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m so pleased that we were able to provide you with a quiet, comfortable stay. As well, it’s great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your visit. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have been in this Extended Stay for a month now so I feel I can give an honest review. When I checked in the room I was given it was a disaster! The walls had spots not painted, a faceplate missing from an outlet, the carpet was so filthy I would not walk barefoot or in my socks, toilet would not flush unless you held the handle down, stove top vent doesn't have a filter. When I asked the manager to have the carpets cleaned she told me they are very busy and gave me no indication that she would help. I called in a carpet cleaner and spent the $80.00 out of my pocket. I fixed the toilet myself. The paint only got touched up due to a very concerned weekend front desk lady that got it done the next day.....Gee why couldn't the manager make that happen? When my room was booked they were told that my job would have me here for nine months, after my first month they locked me out of my room unable to get my dog out and left me scrambling in the rain to correct THEIR mistake. I filed a complaint to the corporate office and was told they would respond within 48 hours and it has now been 2 weeks now and no phone call! I guess as long as victims keep coming everything is fine.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry that the condition of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staffs to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you’re in the area.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel was terrible. We were in a room on the third floor. The carpet was filthy, stained and discolored with what looked to be motor oil. The kitchen had one pot, and was not even equipped to cook a simple meal. The ground are a mess, trash and weeds. This was my first and last time staying at an Extended Stay America.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank alwaysloves2travel
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the kitchen was not fully equipped and that the cleanliness of your carpet was not satisfactory. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure that these problems don’t happen again.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at SRS2@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

average to say the least, check in girl was on a personal call and kept me waiting for several minutes. room was on third floor, lots of cigerette burns on old and worn carpet. In need of a renovation. Bed was noisy kept making noises whenever you moved. wasnt planning on cooking but checked it out, only 1 pot and no frying pan, seemed under stocked. Went for breakfast at 8am, coffee was cold and there was a muffin and an old orange.

1  Thank cityboy_nz
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that when you arrived our front desk agent was on a personal phone. Please know, this has been addressed with our staff and I am reviewing our company's standards of customer service with the entire team to ensure this action is not repeated. I also want to apologize for the room conditions you mentioned, and the grab-and-go breakfast items that were not available for you during your stay. In response, I am working with our staff to improve our cleaning procedures and review inventory procedures so that our breakfast options are plentiful and hot for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srs@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

First, let me say that I didn't feel welcomed by the clerk at the front desk. Secondly, I was given a key to a room that apparently was being remodeled. Thirdly, the room I was given had no heater. This is not the first time something like this has happened to me at this hotel. There doesn't seem to be any leadership here. As well as nobody making rounds to see what works & what doesn't. Next time I plan to stay at a different hotel & recommend you do the same because there's also a lot of drug activity at this one.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank goodsamaritan321
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had trouble while checking into the hotel, please accept my sincere apology for not making you feel welcome, and also for checking you into a room that was not completely ready for you to stay in. To prevent this from happening again, my team is re-training in all aspects of customer service and maintenance,

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention and I hope that you will contact me directly, at srs@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

We would love to have another opportunity to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Stayed one night. Upon arrival (at 3:15pm) we noticed the grounds were looking very dirty. The check-in room/main office is about 10ftx 10 ft with two chairs & small end table between. The clerk was new & it took her awhile to check us in. The concrete walkway is very dirty, walls dirty, and large garbage cans accent the area quite well as if it was dump. Not appealing & it smells like garbage near by. You have to hold your breath to wait for the elevator or take the stairs to the 3rd floor for relief.The room is OK. HOWEVER....the kitchen looked run down. NO hair dryer available in the room (oops!) We had to ask the front desk for one, since there was no phone in the room. They asked for us to return the hair dryer upon departing. Not real accommodating. The walls of the rooms are quite thin because I could hear the guest in the next room walking & coughing. The breakfast area is a joke! There is a small credenza as you walked in the front door of the main office 10ftx10ft (be careful not to run into it) that contains the coffee, cereal, etc for breakfast . Where do you eat if your not in the room? NO WHERE. The departure was delay because no one was at the front desk. We had to wait for someone to show up. I don't recommend this place overnight & the management needs to clean it up. I rate this as Poor Customer Service overall.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rick G
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Rick - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am very sorry for the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel and for the service our staff provided. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with our housekeeping staff to enhance our cleaning services and inspection procedures moving forward. As well, they are providing the hotel with a deep clean. In addition, I am coaching our entire staff on how to provide better customer service in the future.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at srs@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Very helpful, accommodating reception and staff in general. Room was clean. Full sized fridge / freezer, kitchen sink, microwave and two stove top burners were great for meals. They offer little packets of dishwashing soap at check-in -- however there's no sponge/dish cloth for that sort of activity. It's not a ritzy neighborhood -- is near to strip of car sales dealerships. But I didn't see any unsavory characters. Fairly quiet. Biggest hassle was the lack of any smoking section, which you'll like if you're a smoker. Sure, inside my room was nonsmoking, but the outdoor hall outside my room, the stairs, in front of the office, basically anywhere I needed to walk, was not.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Wanderer292
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Santa Rosa - South, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that while you stayed with us, you had a comfortable room, which was fresh and clean, and that all our staff were able to accommodate you with your needs. Please accept our apologies for all of the smoke you had to smell, even though it was outdoors, I can understand how frustrating it can be, please know that we will take your comments, and work on improving in this area.