“good place to stay”

Courtyard Santa Rosa
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
“good place to stay”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Nice hotel. Convenient location to downtown and easy access to 101. Loved walking across the street to see all the Peanuts characters in Santa Rosa. Staff are very friendly. parking lot was a little noisy at 3 am. breakfast was ok. They ran out of my first choice.

Room Tip: try to get one facing the back
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear Aatimes2,

It is always reassuring to get good comments such as yours. Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share on tripadvisor. Speaking of Peanuts characters, I believe the 3AM noise you heard was actually from the hotel across the street. A dog locked in a car was leaning on the horn. I am glad you enjoyed our location and please visit us again soon.

-Max

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
san francisco
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Convenient, easy freeway access and well priced for Sonoma wine country. We had a lower floor near the elevator and I was worried about the noise but it was fine. Bar closes early but you can get beer from the "snack shop".

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aatimes2
Dear Aatimes2,

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind comments. I am glad you liked our location and our market helped you out in a pinch. We hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 21 February 2013 via mobile

It's an average courtyard. Nothing negative and nothing outstanding. It's near place to eat And drink. The staff was friendly and rooms were clean and updated. Can't complain. Chevys across the street was fun

• Stayed February 2013
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Dear Travelme79,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to give positive feedback here. It's a very exciting time for us as have plans for a beautiful upgrade on our rooms and lobby. Once that's done I am sure your impression will go from good to outstanding!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 February 2013

I have been on the road since before the term 'Road Warrior' was invented. I have not stayed in a Courtyard in maybe two years. And they always were consistent and a upgrade from their competition. However, now that has changed and while they have stayed consistently the same others have passed them by.

Have started to stay in Hilton Gardens over the past few years because of the their locations happened to be better to my newer customers that Ctyd and the differences are quite apparent now that i have been to this Courtyard.

The only two nice things I can say was that check in was friendly and they certainly have updated the lobby look and feel both for the better.

However, they have completely neglected the rooms and left them unchanged.

The sink being outside the bath is old, the rounded shower curtain is old, and the mattress in my room is like a ski slope, it slides to the left. The amenities are unattractively packaged and minuscule, they look great for babies maybe.

And the towels are the thinnest, lightest weight, towels I have ever seen and not worthy of a one star property.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bart85
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Bart85,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to provide your feedback. It is reassuring to know you found our staff friendly and the lobby refreshed. I too regret our rooms are still 2007 and you will be happy to know we plan to accomplish the rooms renovation this year. I hope you will consider us again so we may show you how competative we are in the industry.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 January 2013

The Marriott Courtyard, as part of the Marriott chain, is predictable, and if you are a frequent business traveler, this is wonderful. A comfortable bed with clean rooms. My complaint about the Courtyard is the noisy room heaters/air conditioners which cycle throughout the night. Plus, they always seem to be located in front of the desk, so if you are working, it blows either hot or cold air on you. This Courtyard has a bistro, which is convenient for breakfast. The great thing about this Courtyard though is that it is walking distance (2 blocks) to downtown Santa Rosa, which is populated with great restaurants and unique shopping. I always look forward to coming to Santa Rosa in the Sonoma Valley and staying at the Marriott Courtyard for their great location.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear GardeningFiend,

Thank you for staying and writing about your experience. Yes - Courtyard prides itself on consistency and I am glad you found it so. And, we are in the processs of replacing some of the older HVAC units. I am sorry the cycling disturbed you. We do have a great location and we look forward to your return.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I have always liked Courtyards, but this was my first time staying in one that had the new Bistro. We arrived very late and we were tired and hungry. I was very resistant to the Bistro for a quick dinner, but I was even more exhausted having driven in from Crescent City and a day of the PCH and the Redwoods. We did not want to leave and search for food, so we took the risk, and I honestly have to say I was expecting the worst. Big surprise! Delicious food. My husband had a large salad and it was monstrous and very fresh. I ordered the tunafish salad sandwich on whole wheat toast. I must say it was the freshest, tastiest tunafish salad I have ever had! I am a tunafish afficionado so I know of what I speak. A little hint of lemon, celery and not too much mayo. When I ordered I asked if it was fresh and she told me that it had been made that morning. It just hit the spot and we were able to relax in our room, watch some t.v and enjoy the meal. The young woman, who was very friendly and eager to please, prepared it all right there in front of us, nicely done. As far as the hotel, it was very convenient to the 101, easy to find and the town has a cute historical district. If we weren't moving on early the next day I would have enjoyed exploring it. The front desk women were very welcoming and helpful, they printed out directions to some restaurants for us before we decided to stay in. The room was clean and large with a loveseat across from the bed.

Room Tip: I don't usually pay attention to this but the front desk agent asked me if I wanted to be close...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Luckysurfergirl and tunafish afficionado,

Thank you so much for the delightful review you gave to us on TripAdvisor! It is reassuring to know you enjoyed the food in The Bistro. I was excited to share your comments with the staff. I hope you will visit us again soon and contact me any time I may be of service.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 January 2013 via mobile

This hotel excels in customer service. The staff are wonderful but the rooms are just so-so. The Bistro had decent food but certainly not gourmet. I would stay here again with the understanding that it really is basic. I did appreciate the items sold in The Market were appropriatly priced. This is a good home base for day trips.

• Stayed January 2013