“Clean as always and friendly!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Courtyard Santa Rosa
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
New Jersey
“Clean as always and friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

There is really not much to say. This is a Marriott and it didn't disappoint in any ways. It is hard to review a hotel chain that is always just stellar.
This hotel has a small inexpensive breakfast restaurant with everything from fresh fruit, oatmeal and eggs made to order and very friendly service. You can by a breakfast voucher for $20 for the room .... it covers two adults and two children. It only makes sense to get this if you are traveling with children otherwise you don't really spend $20 on breakfast for two.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Karen1997,

It's great to learn you found your experience at the Courtyard Santa Rosa "stellar." We are proud of our Marriott culture and upholding the standards you expect. Thank you for your kind review and we hope to have you back again.

-Max

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I love Harleys. I hate loud Harleys. I have no idea why I could hear the roar of Harleys, maybe since I was in room 400. I heard quite a few, and it made for a fitful night of sleep. The front desk staff is very nice, and welcoming. My room was decent, and upgraded, but these end units are loud. Also outside my window was a huge storage container, and what appeared to be a community of homeless that reside in the shrubbery adjacent to the river bank. I was warned not to park on that side of the hotel, now I know why. (I was warned by someone other than the hotel staff) I also noticed a ton of ciggy butts, but that could be par for the course.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GerryKurl,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you found our service and accommodations to your satisfaction. I regret the outside thunder. Harleys happen and are not the norm at our hotel. We just completed renovating all of our rooms and the storage container will be removed soon. I hope you will visit us again soon as we continue to improve.

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel is located just off CA 101, so very easy access! Also, very walkable to Santa Rosa, which has great dining and shopping options.

Apparently it has recently been renovated, so the rooms feel clean and fresh. Room size was relatively standard (maybe a little on the large side), but the rooms include free wifi and a mini fridge for convenience, so that was great. Also has an outdoor pool and hot tub.

This place also has a little cafe that has good & affordable food. I grabbed a quesadilla for dinner one night and it was decent and fairly priced (maybe $8?).

The only downside was the walls to the outdoor area must not be very thick, as noise from the pool was pretty loud in my pool-facing room on the 2nd floor. I am a night owl and a heavy sleeper, so it didn't really bug me (pool closed before I went to bed, and when I napped during the day I was able to sleep through it), but for someone with kids/ a light sleeper, you may want to request a room on a higher floor or not facing the pool.

Can't comment on the bathrooms- I was placed in an ADA room I don't know what the standard facilities in other rooms looked like.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper and go to bed early, ask for a room not facing the pool!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear TOzzy21,

I am happy to hear our located and renovated rooms worked well for you. We did a lot of work in our standard bathrooms so I hope you get to see those another time. Thank you for the kind review.

Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The upgraded rooms are posh, well lit, and very comfortable. The location is nice, with dining or boutique shopping within a block or two. The one downside, as I see it, is that the on-site cafe is small and gets very busy for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
      Cleanliness
1 Thank SC6601
Dear SC6601,

Your review warms our hearts here at the Courtyard Santa Rosa! Thank you for the compliment and for staying with us. Please do visit us again.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

WOW! The transformation is amazing. When I was here last year my room was sort of beat up looking but the room I stayed in this time was fresh and beautiful. The staff is still helpful and pleasant. The parking is very easy and close.The location of the hotel is terrific for visiting Sonoma Wine Country. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was easy to work and supplied with upgraded hair products. We arrived on a busy week when most of the rooms seemed booked and the girl at the desk told us our room wasn't ready so she gave us an upgraded room. WOW! when I saw it I was floored! It was like going from Grand Pa's Old Clunker to someone's cool Beamer. The room was really nice and comfortable. We did miss the fresh baked cookies and all the fun snacks they provided but I note we really didn't need them. We had a great stay and expect to return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear TheSaltyPepper,

What a fabulous review - I can't thank you enough! Especially, from one with your stature on TripAdvsor. I am so glad you like our improvements and we have more future enhancements in mind for the public space and exterior. Thank you for your business and please visit the Courtyard Santa Rosa again.

-Max, the frog
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This Courtyard has been updated since we stayed there several years ago and we were really pleased with our stay. It's an easy drive to most of the areas that we visited - and we enjoyed a lot of the local restaurants in Santa Rosa for breakfast and dinner after spending the day touring around. There is a bistro at the hotel,but we didn't try that this time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Dear travelsouthatlanta,

We are excited about our newly renovated rooms and it's great to hear you like them. Thank you for the nice review and we look forward to your return to the Courtyard Santa Rosa.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

A group of us had an enjoyable stay here recently for the July 4th holiday weekend. My husband and I stayed here before sometime ago during their renovation when they offered free breakfast because of the construction. This time, we had a total of 3 families with kids in our group. We all were impressed by the renovated rooms. I especially liked the modern sink and Paul Mitchell toiletries. Our room had a stylish contemporary design. The tub and shower also had nice tile work, although there were a couple of abrasions/scratches on our tub. We traveled to Russian River daily during our stay and slept comfortably each night upon our return. We definitely will stay here again. The only recommendation I would make is for them to open the Starbucks station in the lobby area earlier during the day/ morning instead of opening at 5pm.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Soulfultrvlr
ManagerMax, General Manager at Courtyard Santa Rosa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Soulfultrvlr,

It was wonderful having your group stay with us. Thank you for returning with more folks! We too are super excited by our renovated rooms and look forward to even more improvements! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the Russian River, just one of our many natural beauties. I value your comment regarding our Proudly Brew Starbucks which is available 24 hours and we are working toward having our staff cross trained to add that sense of confidence in the offering. Maybe when you return you will bring six families! Thank you and please contact me any time I may be of service,