This is the first bad review of a hotel I've ever written, but we had SUCH a bad experience, I am writing to warn others not to waste their time. First, this is a drive-up motel-style hotel, which isn't exactly clear from their website. When we went to check into our room, the woman at the counter was rude to the person in front of us and acted like we were a nuisance as well. I wish I could remember her name, but our trip was several months ago. As soon as we walked out of the office, I spoke to my husband and told him I wanted to find somewhere else. However, it was late in the evening, we'd been traveling all day, so we decided to check out our room instead.
In our room, one wall was a sliding glass door leading out to the pool, so if we wanted any natural light in the room, we would have no privacy (there were many people at the pool). I went to turn on the light in our room, and the shade wasn't screwed on. Plus, the lightbulb was broken. I went to use the restroom, and the toilet seat was wet. I decided to call the office about the lightbulb in our room. Here's how the conversation went.
"Front desk." (spoken very harshly, as if I was a nuisance again.)
I'm used to people answering the phone with their name, so I said, "Who am I speaking with please?"
"The front desk." (again, very rudely spoken)
"And what is your name, please?"
By the time she told me her name, I'd had enough of this horrible hotel. I politely ended the call, grabbed my bags, and told my husband we were just going to have to find somewhere else. Even though it was 7 o'clock, there was no way I was going to support this hotel in any way with my money.
When we checked out of the room, after telling her all of the problems in the room and our dissatisfaction with the service, she had the nerve to tell us we might not get our money back. I would have been all to happy to speak to her manager if they had billed us (which they did not), but what kind of person would hire someone that rude to be the representative of their hotel?
We ended up staying at the Hilton Sonoma Hotel, which was absolute heaven! Yes, it was more expensive, but after this horrible experience, we were ready to be pampered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tour the Sonoma Wine Country while staying at this beautiful, garden setting Santa Rosa hotel.The BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, located in Santa Rosa, California features 79 guest rooms and a beautifully landscaped quiet garden. Hotel guests are only minutes from Sonoma Wine country and all of the area attractions which include the Sonoma County Fairgrounds, the Russian River Redwoods and downtown Santa Rosa.All spacious well-appointed guest rooms come equipped with a microwave, refrigerator and high-speed Internet access. Guests can start the day off with breakfast at the coffee shop located on the hotel premises. The BEST WESTERN Garden Inn also features two outdoor seasonal pools, dry cleaning services and free parking.Families will appreciate being only one mile from the Snoopy Museum. The Luther Burbank Gardens and the Jesse Peter Native American Art Museum are also close to the hotel. Make a reservation today and save at the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Plus Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Garden Hotel Santa Rosa
- Best Western Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Best Western
- Best Western Plus Garden Inn Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, CA