“Way better than I expected”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I don't usually stay in MOTELs but budget was a problem on this trip. I found this motel to be WAY better than I expected. Right off the freeway, so it was easy to find, but the rooms admitted NO traffic noise. The appearance at arrival was surprisingly nice. The room was spacious and elegant with all the amenities of a high end hotel. The staff were superb. And I especially appreciated the breakfast cafe, with REAL, HOT food, not just a lobby of cold cereal and cold muffins. I enjoyed the pool, which was heated to the perfect temperature. I have never had a better stay anywhere and the value for the price was wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you Lorna T, I do appreciate your comments, I am glad our property was more than you expected. Please do not hesitate to call us when you are in town again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Very nice room however only one entrance of highway and it was a little tricky if you didn't know where you were going. Very friendly staff. I like the little night lights that help you see your way in the dark without turning the full light on.

Room Tip: Try to check in during the day so you can see the road turn better.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your input, Knowing that was staff was friendly is always a good feeling. Sounds like you enjoyed the pool. And yes the little light makes it nice when you first enter the room. Not over powering. Again thank you Auroa B.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This property is a mixed bag: It's not really located in an ideal part of town, although it's very convenient to the highway and downtown. It's as if it's also stuck in the mid-century, but not in a bad way. It's an old fashioned "motor court" motel, yet it's well maintained, clean, updated, and has all the amenities. The linens were good quality and seemed recently updated. The check-in and check-out desk clerks were very, very friendly and helpful. There was no included breakfast, but there's a little cafe on the premises, and the breakfast was inexpensive yet complete and good. The waitress was very friendly and attentive, and the cafe was bright and cheerful. I needed a laundry opportunity, and their little laundry room was just that -- little. Only one washer, one dryer, yet both were clean and the laundry room was clean. But it would have been nice if there had been at least 2 washers, 2 dryers. It meant I had to hang out there for 2 consecutive loads, vs. 2 simultaneous loads. No biggie, I guess. Small concession for an overall great room at a great price.

Room Tip: Sorry, I accidently rated "kids activities", which I know nothing about. So in fairness...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah T
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you Sarah T. I appreciate your comments on our property, and how you view everything about an older property, as having all the amenities that a guest needs. and being clean. and my staff as being friendly. . Thank you, and we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We used Trip Advisor reviews and pictures to pick this hotel and we were actually shocked when we pulled up and realized it looked nothing like the pictures on here. We booked a King room and it was very small with the tiniest bathroom I've seen in a motel. I am not sure why it is a plus as it appeared to be just another motel with no added amenities. There is a pool but it was close to the busy road and not the cleanest area. The room itself was clean enough but many of the fixtures are looking tired. None of our party slept well as the two rooms we booked had extremely noisy air conditioners that seemed to not work very well. I would look elsewhere for a better hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

So sorry that you did b not enjoy your stay. I see you booked a standard king bed, not a deluxe king.
There is a big difference between the two rooms. The deluxe king room have a large vanity area, and the room is larger also. By the way we have two swimming pools. The one that you did not mention is in the back section of the hotel, in the garden area. Not sure what your idea of a plus is.
But we meet all the requirements for a plus property. All Best Westerns are individually own, there are no two alike. If there was a problem with your air conditioner, if we would have known we would have been more than happy to see what the problem was. We are actually getting ready to replace the furniture in all of the rooms in the one story building. Again sorry you were disappointed. Next time you are in town, you may want to pay $100.00 more a night, and find what you are looking for.

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at multiple Best Western pluses and this one let us down in terms if overall amenities. Nice, clean, friendly - but didnt feel like a plus. Probably would stay somewhere else for less next time

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your input, I am not sure what you are looking for in a hotel, Or where you have stayed before. But rates are based on the area that you book a room, After all Sonoma County is a destination area, especially in the summer, and fall season. No we do not have a hot tub. And that is not a plus feature that we have to have, But we do have two pools. Hopefully when you are in the area again, you will give us another try.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've stayed at this motel at least a half-dozen times, usually after a long flight from the East Coast followed by a long drive from SFO. The room is always immaculate and comfortable, WiFi is reliable, the garden area beautiful. This place is a great value run by people proud of what they do. Once I stayed at the most expensive hotel in Santa Rosa. Never again. The Best Western really is best.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Peter, I am glad you keep coming back to our hotel. I like the fact that you feel comfortable when you are here. and the room is immaculate. On of the most important things when traveling in this day and age, is the WiFi. We are always doing upgrades so our guest have no problem getting on line. Hope to see you next time you are in from the East Coast.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

This hotel is located with easy access to the 101N and shopping mall and lots of great resturants. They have their own breakfast cafe and serve meals to order unlike most Best Westerns that just have continental meals.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Marga W. I am glad you like our breakfast cafe. It is nice to be able to have a nice hot breakfast cooked to order, over food that has been siting on a steam table, or out of a package.
I am glad the location worked for you. Hope to see you again.