“Saturday night in Santa Rosa”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The staff was friendly and the room was comfortable and clean, but this hotel is very overpriced for the facilities. They advertise garden rooms, but there are very few. If you do not have a garden room it is awkward to get to the heated pool in the garden area. Most rooms just look into the parking lot. At a lower price, this hotel would be fine if you just want a basic room to sleep there and not spend any time at the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you Susan, We actually have 29 rooms in the garden area, I am sorry that you did not get a garden room. Please be sure that next time you stay that you request a garden room, i am pleased to hear that my staff was friendly, and that your room was comfortable, and clean.
Again thank you Donna Renteria.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Having had a great experience at another Best Western (the one in Grass Valley is great) and trying to keep thing budget friendly as we are here for a funeral, this seemed like a good option. Unfortunately our stay has been anything but pleasant and enjoyable, and we were stuck due to the other hotels being booked due to passport weekend. This place is not the cleanest. Finding a past guest's coffee cup in the microwave was absolutely disgusting, I ended up going over an cleaning everything myself as we had two little kids. I realize that the hotel can not control where other guests smoke but simple things like not having cigarette but disposal containers near the guest rooms may correct that. (After our 3rd complaint the GM did personally move the containers). Now dealing with noisy people on the upper level, which I tried to switch but apparently all the rooms were booked up there. With two young children this has been a nightmare of a place to stay. Expect to pay hotel prices for a cheap motel experience.

Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Billigj007

Good day Billigj007, I do apologize for you finding a coffee cup in the microwave, Housekeeping forgot to check. My housekeepers normally to a good job at cleaning, I am sorry that you felt you had to clean everything in your room. Also We still have a few smoking rooms,, and sometimes guest will move the smoking receptacles. I am sorry about the noise from the guest upstairs, I do wish you would have called the office to let us know of the noise, we would have made sure that they kept the noise down, Again please accept my apology.

Donna Renteria

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Checked into a pet friendly non-smoking room that reeked of cigarette smoke,had filthy carpets and ants everywhere! Couldn't get my money back as I had booked through Expedia,at this point it didn't really matter as there was no way in hell I was going to stay! I ended up getting a room at another hotel (Fountaingrove Inn) for only $35 more per night and about 10 times nicer! Think twice before staying at this hotel!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank rita f
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Gee Rita, I am sure glad you took the time to voice your opinion, I checked this room myself the next morning, I do apology, it did smell a little bit like someone had smokes in the room. But the carpet was not dirty. And the ants were all gone by the morning. We have been so problems with ants in the last couple of months. We have Ecolab trying to resolve the issue. ( Hellhole is a little harsh) If you look at our reviews, not everyone would agree with you But. I am glad you found another location that fit your needs, and meant you expectations.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We've been to Napa/Sonoma 7 or 8 times prior to this trip and we decided to stay in Santa Rosa. This hotel, for the price is a great option. It was quite, clean, and a great value overall. The breakfast wasn't free but it was cheap and really good (we ended up there every morning).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mytravels84
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you Mytravel 8 I am glad you chose our hotel. And found the value to meet your needs.
Sounds like we will see you next time you are in Santa Rosa. Have a great summer. And again thank you for taking the time to voice your opinion on Tripadvisor.
Donna Renteria (GM)

Reviewed 21 April 2014

It is more of a Motel 6 type place. Bare rooms and and bathrooms. Unpleasant hostess at check-in. No amenities on site. Too expensive for the place provides. Location is not great either. There are much better options, at better prices, around.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi MR 1966, So sorry we did not meet your expectations. Not sure what you were looking for as far as amenities, but I really would like to know. We are located right off the HWY. and 1 mile from the center of downtown. I do hope you will come see us again, if not, where ever you stay next I do hope you enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The staff and room were very nice. Staff was helpful at check in and made our stay comfortable. The grounds appeared a little dated but the interior of the rooms was as nice as any I've stayed in. I was passing through and the easy access to the freeway made this a great and easy place to locate.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
donadidit44, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you Lyle for taking the time to give us your feedback. I see you found my staff to be helpful, and your room comfortable. Yes the grounds are a little dated. Give us a year and there is going to be a lot of updates to our property. Please come see us again, and have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I didn't see any dirt but there was was a funky feel, not sure why, maybe it was just the weird smell that hit me when I walked in. On the bright side though both of the women at the front desk were very nice and friendly. There were four decent pillows on each bed and two extra blankets in the closet. It had a micro, fridge, coffee maker, iron plus board, and hair dryer. The room was large and it had a large flat screen TV. The TV reception could have been better, it often froze briefly.
The wireless connection was good. No tub, but a nice tall showerhead.A heat lamp in the shower area and the bathroom.
There are ashtrays near the rooms for the smokers and a green area for the folks with dogs.
There is also a heated pool and a small (12 tables) cafe. The cafe does not take cards, cash or room charge only.
Easy access to Hwy 101 and there is a Denny's very close by.
The bed is pretty firm and the towels are pretty soft.
There are several small windows that can be left open all night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
donadidit44, Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you fro taking the time to respond SitkaRaven. I could not tell you what the smell was, We are close to the fairgrounds, which boards horses, sometimes we get the aroma from the horses,
I thank you for mentioning all the items that you found to be satisfactory. Please come see us again. Also there are rooms in the garden area where you stayed that have tub, and shower. Next time if you would like a tub, let us know. We will do our best to get you a room with a tub.
Donna Renteria

1 mi away
Courtyard Santa Rosa
Courtyard Santa Rosa
#8 of 24 in Santa Rosa

Been to Best Western Plus Garden Inn? Share your experiences!