“Good Value”

Best Western Plus Garden Inn
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Nice clean older property. Large room. Two clean pools. Breakfast not included but very reasonably priced diner. Excellent friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2010

This is an average hotel for decor, but as far as space and cleanliness it was great. Also, the grounds are really nice! The neighborhood was a little downscale, but don't let that sway you.
We were in a room at the back of the property and it was very quiet. The room had a king bed, and it was a very large room with a large bathroom area. It also had a sliding glass door on the back with a small concrete patio and two chairs out back. It overlooked a separate, heated swimming pool which we didn't have a chance to try. I was sad about that because it looked very inviting. There are actually two pools on this property.

The staff were great. Dennis helped us find it (it's a little hard to spot) and he was very friendly and even asked us about the price we found online so he could beat it. The prices in Santa Rosa can be a little high and we felt we got a good deal.

There is a small cafe tucked away here, as well. They just serve breakfast but it was really good. Basic stuff and maybe a little pricey (I think my two eggs, hashbrowns and toast were about $6.50), but I enjoyed it and it was fast and easy - also way better than some of that "free" stuff you get at other places.

If you are looking for high end room decor, this isn't it. But it you want clean, spacious, friendly, convenient, quiet, and great amenities - this is the place!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Ok hotel, clean and quiet (if you stay iun rear of hotel - fronts on main road). Two pools if weather is hot and rear one has nice layout. I booked this hotel because AAA said it had free breakfast, BUT it is not! Convenient location for downtown.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I researched this property here on trip advisor and the one thing that impressed me was that There was a complaint here and the manager "Donna" responded to it in a hurry. Thank told me that the staff takes the time to care what the Guests think. My family and I was checked in by Dennis around 4pm and he was a very friendly person, he had our crib in our room with in 8 minutes of us checking in, and that really was great as well, Our room had 2 beds and was very spaceious. I enjoyed my entire stay here and would love to come back each time i visit Santa Rosa. There is a cute little cafe there that has great choices for breakfast when you have kids and cant pile them in a car first thing in the morning. Everything was wonderfull here. I wanted to tell Donna how much of a great staff they have but she was not there when I checked out, so I hope you know how much I appricate you as a manager and your staff as a whole, you will all see us again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2010

Great spacious pet friendly rooms with all the conveniences. Clean and tidy! Beautiful grounds. Price is quite reasonable. They even gave my dog a big bone at check-in! Nice staff. Very close to downtown Santa Rosa. I will stay there again in future travels! Wonderful restaurant on premise.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2010

This motel was the perfect base for me and my husband to explore Sonoma, Napa and Calitstoga. The rates were allright, average Best Western prices really, and we stayed out of season which made it a little cheaper.

The room was clean, with a microwave and fridge...television was a little old but did the job...the bathroom was functional but a little outdated and compact. Really this motel hit the average mark spot on.

The walls are thin and we could pretty much hear everything our neighbours did...including snoring!! But this did not affect our sleeping at all.

The pool area and gardens are lovely and well maintained and the little cafe on the grounds serves up a lovely fresh and hearty breakfast...to get you ready for some wine tasting!

Average but pretty good for a Best Western....I would try to book online to get the best price.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We stay here quite often. They have comfortable large rooms and two swimming pools. There is a small cafe on site that serves breakfast with great French Toast. We reaklly like this place and stay here every time we are in town.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
North Bay Inn
#11 of 24 in Santa Rosa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Sonoma Wine Country
Hilton Garden Inn Sonoma County Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Garden Inn? Share your experiences!