“Great place, better without Ginny”
Review of Hotel Santa Rosa

Hotel Santa Rosa
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed from Saturday, checked out Monday. Most was extremely wonderful. One employee who was very rude, to the point of making my very mild mannered husband upset where he actually yelled at the woman. From the very first when we checked in the woman was very unfriendly. The rest of the staff were extremely friendly. The other front desk employees said that they always get complaints about Ginny. The rooms were very clean, up to date. Continental breakfast and free wifi. There was a letter from the manager on the wall in our asking for input if the front desk couldn't handle a situation. I did contact the manager about Ginny.

Room Tip: Restaurant on property, Sam's. Check it out very good food.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank laidbackaz
Patrick J, General Manager at Hotel Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your input. I have spoken with Ginny, and impressed upon her the importance of taking care of our guests needs. Hopefully she will be more pleasant to the guests she serves from here on out. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Thanks,

Patrick Jordan

There are newer reviews for Hotel Santa Rosa

A TripAdvisor Member
santa rosa, ca
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My stay at Vagabonds was okay. The service was great but I was moved around several times. First was the AC was not working, then I got moved to the last room on the opposite side of the building that room was not clean, towels on the floor, bed not made, etc. I was then moved the the last room where it was a little clean, garbage was still in the trash and soap was used already, one towel and a wash cloth was supplied in the room. Other than that the customer service was great, they were very polite.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I'm sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay. We strive to make sure things like this don't happen, but apparently there was some miscommunication with housekeeping. We've taken steps to assure this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Very smelly hotel. The carpets are worn and severely stained and the hotel has a depressing atmosphere overall.

• Stayed: June 2012
patrickjordan, General Manager at Hotel Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're very disappointed to learn you gelt our property was overall a depressing atmosphere. We are in the process of doing some renovations, including changing carpets. Next time you are in the area, we hope you give us a second chance and stop by to see the improvements.

Thanks you,
Patrick, GM

Reviewed 24 June 2012

2 guests, 2 beds, 4 pillows, 3 pillowcases. No towels! No cups. No shampoo, shower caps, etc. pick up the phone to call for service and it comes off in your hand. Plug it in and call the desk and 20 minutes later a guy shows up with a pillowcase and ONE set of towels!!! If you don't want much for your money, you can get it here! I would never come back! PS, the Internet works, but so slowly that it makes you wonder! If I ever return to Santa Rosa, I will make sure to stay somewhere else!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rghouston

Thanks you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused. We are not only beginning new renovations, but retraining all of our staff to give an experience above and beyond your expectations. We've also recently redone our internet connection to make it faster and more reliable. If you do give us a chance the next time you are in Santa Rosa, we would be grateful for the opportunity to earn back your business.

Thanks,
Patrick, GM

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Somehow I missed the review here and booked this place. Bad idea!
Hall carpet by our room had a stain about as big around as hubcap.
There was a drain in the tile floor inside the motel.
Room seemed clean on the surface, but it smelled and there were stains on the chair.
Pillows were very tiny. The room was just drab and depressing.
We were able to get a room elsewhere in town, so didn't have to sleep there.
The desk clerk was nice enough to give us a refund.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I’m sorry you did not enjoy you’r visit to our property. We do clean the carpets as often as possible, but you seem to have caught them at a bad time. Thanks for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

I had a very different experience from the previous reviewer. Our "non-smoking" room smelled as if it had been hotboxed the day before. I wish I were exaggerating, but it was difficult to even breathe and the windows don't open. There are no cups in the room, so I was forced to drink water with my hand from the faucet because I had no cash for the vending machine. Last complaint is that the pillows were TINY. They were smaller than even the average throw pillow and it was just a terrible experience. I know it's cheap and tempting, but don't do it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

I'm so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We are a completely nonsmoking property, but from time to time people violate our rules and do it anyway. We will more carefully to make sure the smell is removed in the future. All of our rooms do have fully operable windows, but there is a small security screw that must be loosened for guest protection. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

I travel to sanoma county a few times a weak from SanFranciscio. I have stayed at every single hotel in Santa Rosa, this is byfar the nicest and most convenient for for fifty plus dollars. Also the staff always so helpful with local directions and other questions.
SO YES I WILL RECOMMEND YOU GUYS AND STAY AGAIN.

• Stayed: June 2011
patrickjordan, General Manager at Hotel Santa Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you for reviewing our property. We strive to provide excellent service and competitively priced rooms. We're happy you've enjoyed your stays at our property and hope to see you back for many more.