“Good value for a stay”

Ranked #22 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Doha
“Good value for a stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2012

overall it is alright to stay here for an affordable rate. room is good except that the carpet is old.
I agree with the review from NatureGurl, that the housekeeping makes a noise cleaning the corridor (or maybe nearby room)as early as 9am. I understand that they wanted to do their job well, however I don't find it necessary to for them to knock our doors everyday to tidy up our room.
I was a bit annoyed today despite of having a Do Not Disturb sign, one of the housekeeping attendant knocked on my door and I was still sleeping. But was nice of her to apologize.

I strongly suggest the management to train your housekeeping staff on Do No Not Disturb sign.and make your signage a bit bigger.

the loud banging of doors is the most uncomfortable part of our stay. this should not be blamed from the housekeeping attendants. however, it is the type of door that this Inn have. the wooden doors are too heavy and the rooms are not properly insulated.

good thing I was out for the first 5 days of my stay.i wouldn't suggest guests to check in to the hotel if you just wanted to rest/sleep in your room the whole day.

Plus points: free coffee, tea and water (with lemon) at the lobby
Vending machines available
sam's cafe situated in front of the Inn accessible for breakfast, lunch and dinner
More hiccups: swimming pool does not have heater. The water is too cold. I wasn't able to use during my 7 night stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Bratinella98
Patrick J, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Thanks for your review. We are making sure the noise starts later and Do Not Disturb signs are honored. We've hired some new housekeepers and they may not have understood how important our guest's relaxation time is to us. Rest assured that they do now.

We have plans to upgrade our room carpeting in the near future. Hopefully that's something you will see the next time you are here. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Thanks again.

Patrick Jordan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Norco, CA
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Either the management paid attention to all the negative reviews and did a major 180 or there are some seriously picky people staying at the Vagabond Inn in Santa Rosa. We stayed 3 nights and it was comfy and more than adequate. Mind you we were only in the room long enough to sleep and shower in the morning. The non-smoking room did smell like ages of smoke embedded into the carpet and walls etc. I was prepared with a scented oil dealio that took the edge off and we opened the window:) The front desk folks were very polite and they allowed us to check in at 1245 instead of waiting until 3. That was most appreciated. We stayed on the first floor and so there was the noise of the neighbors above and on either side and the walls apre thin so you heard the children running up and down the halls... but it wasn't bothersome to us at all. The one complaint I have is that housekeeping makes A LOT of noise when cleaning. There was a TREMENDOUS amount of banging on walls and such when they cleaned the rooms. The morning i noticed it I actually thought it was my boyfriend messing with me pounding on the wall to hurry me up in the shower BUT turns out it was housekeeping in the room away from the shower wall. THAT's HOW LOUD IT WAS. I noticed it each morning when housekeeping was cleaning the surrounding room. Good thing I didnt want to sleep in or I would have been very irritated. One other slight gripe was we asked for 2 additional towels and they never came. We couldnt use the phone as it had no dial tone though it was plugged in. We called the front desk from our cell phone to request the towels but alas they never came. In reading the reviews I brought towels so it didnt inconvenience us all that much. The pillows are odd. They are a little larger than throw pillows but comfy. And I brought my own pillow also so it didnt effect me. The carpets are worn and a bit dirty but knowing that from previous reviews I brought my slippers. The single best thing I found for me personally was the ice water with lemon slices they kept available in the front office. So yummy and refreshing! Stay here if you aren't the pretentious type. Prices are very good here as well.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We pay very close attention to these reviews, but it was probably a mix of both of those things. We are working with housekeeping to abate some of the noise. I'll also make sure our front desk employees are following up with our guests' requests. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Camp Verde, Arizona
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We stayed from Saturday, checked out Monday. Most was extremely wonderful. One employee who was very rude, to the point of making my very mild mannered husband upset where he actually yelled at the woman. From the very first when we checked in the woman was very unfriendly. The rest of the staff were extremely friendly. The other front desk employees said that they always get complaints about Ginny. The rooms were very clean, up to date. Continental breakfast and free wifi. There was a letter from the manager on the wall in our asking for input if the front desk couldn't handle a situation. I did contact the manager about Ginny.

Room Tip: Restaurant on property, Sam's. Check it out very good food.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank laidbackaz
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your input. I have spoken with Ginny, and impressed upon her the importance of taking care of our guests needs. Hopefully she will be more pleasant to the guests she serves from here on out. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2012

My stay at Vagabonds was okay. The service was great but I was moved around several times. First was the AC was not working, then I got moved to the last room on the opposite side of the building that room was not clean, towels on the floor, bed not made, etc. I was then moved the the last room where it was a little clean, garbage was still in the trash and soap was used already, one towel and a wash cloth was supplied in the room. Other than that the customer service was great, they were very polite.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
I'm sorry for the problems you experienced during your stay. We strive to make sure things like this don't happen, but apparently there was some miscommunication with housekeeping. We've taken steps to assure this doesn't happen in the future. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Very smelly hotel. The carpets are worn and severely stained and the hotel has a depressing atmosphere overall.

• Stayed June 2012
patrickjordan, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We're very disappointed to learn you gelt our property was overall a depressing atmosphere. We are in the process of doing some renovations, including changing carpets. Next time you are in the area, we hope you give us a second chance and stop by to see the improvements.

Thanks you,
Patrick, GM
Houston TX
Reviewed 24 June 2012

2 guests, 2 beds, 4 pillows, 3 pillowcases. No towels! No cups. No shampoo, shower caps, etc. pick up the phone to call for service and it comes off in your hand. Plug it in and call the desk and 20 minutes later a guy shows up with a pillowcase and ONE set of towels!!! If you don't want much for your money, you can get it here! I would never come back! PS, the Internet works, but so slowly that it makes you wonder! If I ever return to Santa Rosa, I will make sure to stay somewhere else!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rghouston
Thanks you for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. I'm deeply sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused. We are not only beginning new renovations, but retraining all of our staff to give an experience above and beyond your expectations. We've also recently redone our internet connection to make it faster and more reliable. If you do give us a chance the next time you are in Santa Rosa, we would be grateful for the opportunity to earn back your business.

Patrick, GM
Azusa, California, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Somehow I missed the review here and booked this place. Bad idea!
Hall carpet by our room had a stain about as big around as hubcap.
There was a drain in the tile floor inside the motel.
Room seemed clean on the surface, but it smelled and there were stains on the chair.
Pillows were very tiny. The room was just drab and depressing.
We were able to get a room elsewhere in town, so didn't have to sleep there.
The desk clerk was nice enough to give us a refund.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
I’m sorry you did not enjoy you’r visit to our property. We do clean the carpets as often as possible, but you seem to have caught them at a bad time. Thanks for taking the time to review our property.