“Great Beer and Food”

Ranked #5 of 540 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 27 July 2014

You have to love a brewpub that has a line of 25 people at 11am waiting for the place to open. The wait was well worth it. Russian River brews some of the best beers in America, everything from IPAs to Belgian-style ales, to sour beers. They are most famous for Pliny the Elder, a wonderful IPA. Many of their beers change frequently, so just look at the board and ask to sample a few, or you can order a full tasting rack of 19 beers. I tried 4 and settled on the Dribble Belt IPA.

The food is also very good. I had a meatball sandwich, which perfectly accompanied the beer.

Go early, the place gets packed.

There are newer reviews for Russian River Brewing Company

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Russian River Brewing has a beer style for everyone. We stopped in during an extremely busy time but got a seat at the bar within 10mins. The bartender was friendly and helpful. My only regret was not getting a hotel nearby and staying the night. I will not make that mistake twice

1  Thank airunz
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stopped in on a Monday night while staying in Santa Rosa. Even on a random Monday in September this place was packed. We arrived at the end of happy hour. We were fortunate to find one seat at the bar to wait for our table. The entire bar was nearly standing room only. The beers were incredible. We also had an order of the Pliny Bites, it is a great appetizer. The bartenders were all very attentive, despite the place being so busy.

We were seated at a table about an hour after arriving - we had been quoted 45 minute to 1 hour wait time. The salads that we ordered were fairly standard. The food at the bar is good, but the real reason to go is to try the great beers they brew.

Get there early and don't expect to get in and get out. Relax, have a couple of beers and enjoy the energy of the bar.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Since we had an extra day in San Francisco at the end of our vacation before flying home, we decided to make my beer connoisseur brothers and son jealous by making a trip to Russian River. I still can't believe I was in Sonoma County and went to a brewery instead of a winery! We were there on a Friday night and it was insanely busy, hardly even room to stand and drink our beer. Luckily, the wait for our table was shorter than expected. We were able to try a few different reasonably priced and delicious beers, and the food was surprisingly good - meatball sandwich and great pizza.

1  Thank skteach
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Great pizza! Beer goes without saying. Had the Lola pizza and the Exxcel. Both were delicious, thin crust. Gorgonzola salad good, too.