“Good food and great entertainment”
Review of Ranch and Reata Road House - CLOSED

Ranch and Reata Road House
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Edison Street
Transit: Bus stop 50 feet away.
Reviewed 28 November 2013

This place has a great atmosphere and a beautiful bar and is a great venue for entertainment. The food is good and their pulled pork is especially tasty.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is a relaxed, friendly place for drinks and/or dinner. The happy hour prices are good and the Texas bartender was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Kobe style burger delicious with the best sweet potato fries I have tasted in a long time.Generous portions.
the Roadhouse Bloody Mary is fantastic-served with a huge slice of bacon,asparagus spear,whole pickled green bean,a pierced olive and a jumbo grilled shrimp-all in the glass!!Also tasted the truffled fries-wonderful!

Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was my first time at the Ranch and Reata Roadhouse in Santa Ynez. The atmosphere and bar there are amazing. The food was very good. I read the previous reviews and perhaps the new management finally got things straightened out? My friends shared a hamburger which they said was very good and they shared the mac and cheese which I tried that was very good also. I had the sirloin steak with a specialty sauce. I'm not a big sirloin fan usually but this one was really good, cooked perfectly, and the sauce was great. The vegetables were perfectly cooked, and I was very pleased with my meal. We also shared a deep fried cinnamon bun with ice cream for dessert. It was very good as well. There was enjoyable live country music being played by 2 musicians, and the bar scene looked cool. I'm happy to report that they seem to have gotten their food issues worked out, and the rest of the place is well worth a visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We live in the area and have eaten here before several times. Lunch was better; dinner never good. This should be a glorified hamburger place complete with western decor and music. But instead it is pricey and terrible. Started with ordering 2 glasses of wine (waitress came back to tell us they were both out). BTW wine is about $12 a glass. We ordered more and it wasn't even as good as a $12 bottle! Husband ordered a hamburger... medium.... it was rare. I ordered half rack of ribs..... they were tough, did not fall off the bone, kinda pink and after a couple, I quit. Waitress never came back after serving us to see how anything was (we were outside because it was freezing inside and 80 outside). We told her that we wanted the place to be a success. It isn't and will probably not make it to the end of a year.