“Great food great atmosphere!”
Review of Trattoria Grappolo

Trattoria Grappolo
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadowale
Transit: Santa Ynez valley shuttle stops in front of the restaurant.
Description: Authentic Italian food, wood fired pizzas, pasta, salad, steaks, seafood, extensive wine list.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Very romantic atmosphere for a
coupler. Little Italian restaurant. Loved it so much for dinner that we went back the next day for lunch! Spaghetti alla carbonara - delicious. Sea bass with risotto - delicious. Ciabatta bread - amazing! This restaurant will not disappoint!

1  Thank calgal3

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I absolutely loved this place! We had a quiet lunch on a Tuesday afternoon. The ahi tuna salad was amazing with superbly flavorful greens, tomatos, dressing. We also had the Seafood Risotto which was wonderful. The homemade bread was outstanding. I usually skip the bread altogether, but I could not do it at this place. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Mercy C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We found a gem that would be a #1 restaurant in any town and this one is worth going on a trip just for the restaurant.
It looks like a converted old house fixed up nicely in a quaint little town.
The food was unbelievably good. The chef used just the right flavors and seasonings to make it an ultimate dinner for us.
We sp;it a salad because we were told the portions were large. The server was right, the salad split was large and very good. The dressing was special and just perfect.
I had a veal stuffed with asparagus and cheese and every bite was soooo good. My wife tried it and said next time she's ordering it. It was served with Carrots, Mashed Potatoes and spinach. I'm not big on carrots but these were slightly crisp and sweet, very good. My wife had cheese tortolini with a little oil. I tried it and I'm coming back for it. She loved it couldn't finish, too big a portion. I had it the next night and was sooo good.
A really fine wine selection of the local vineyards was great. We had a bottle that we now will look for.
We split a dessert, a chocolate tortufo was to die for. they had many more desserts but we were way too full. This was an ultimate meal for us and we will be back soon. It is worth going out of your way for.

2  Thank TravelerVII
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Small restaurant with people close by. Food was good but, the best part was the friendly wait staff. Lots of noise from the honky-tonk nearby.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stopped at Trattoria Grappolo on the suggestion of my guest (my cousin) and had a wonderful, airy visit on the restaurant's covered, but open front porch. After a light Pinot Grigio had a superb (superb!) calamari appetizer - a stuffed calamari - I don't recall the mix of things it was stuffed with, but the flavor was beyond brilliant. We split the app and agreed fully that if we had known ahead of time it was going to be so sensational in flavor we would have each ordered a solo set-up as our entrees. The pasta-seafood entrees that did follow were wonderful as well. Also purchased fresh strawberries from a local farmer who came in with fresh, beautiful berries to sell. A vintage Bentley was parked in spot #1 the whole time as well - a delightful specimen to admire during lunch.