“Always a winner”

The Vineyard House
Ranked #5 of 21 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Set in the heart of Santa Ynez, CA in a charming Victorian house built in 1907, with two beautiful indoor dining areas and two outside decks. The property is surround by large pepper trees that are over 100 years old and frames the stunning view of the surrounding mountains. Voted consistently "Best Outdoor Dining." Lunch is served daily from 11:30 until 3:00 with a wonderful variety of fresh salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas and pasta selections. The afternoon APPs menu is from 3:00 until 5:00 featuring appetizers, pizzas or salads. Dinner is served nightly Wednesday (closed Tuesday) through Sunday, from 5:00-9:00 and highlights fresh seafood, steak, pork, chicken and pasta selections that can be paired with a wonderful selection of local wines. Sunday Brunch: The Vineyard House is open at 10:00-3:00 for the best brunch in the Santa Ynez, CA.
southern california
“Always a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Once again we were in the Solvang area. Did our usual wine tasting and then had dinner at the Vineyard house. It never disappoints. My husband raves about the posole. I've had the salmon (very good) and chicken before. This time I had the steak. It was tender and cooked to perfection. The service is great. Always best to make a reservation in the summer and on weekends. It is very popular with the locals.

boca raton, fl
“Relaxing Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Picked this place out of the blue for lunch before wine tasting. Nice outdoor patio, friendly service, good food. It was nothing exceptional, but it helped set the mood for a very pleasant day in wine country.

Hudson, New Hampshire
“Perfect night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Sat outside on the patio with my beautiful wife. It was "Jazz night" so they had live music playing on the porch, perfect views all around. Really great night, highly recommended.

Service was great,(perfect timing). Food was real good.

If you go, (which you should) ask for outside seating, you will not be disappointed.

Los Angeles, California
“Where is the SERVICE!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We flew in from Santa Monica to the local airport Santa Ynes for a fun day of geocaching. After a few hours of being dragged around by my nephew geocaching for a couple of hours we decided on Vineyard House for lunch. When we arrived at the entrance a waiter was busing a table. I asked him where we can sit and he pointed to around the corner where there were more tables. He didn't take the time to show us or escort us to a table. After being seated, it took about 10 minutes to get any service at all. When we finally got a waiter, he was very pleasant. My wife ordered some soup and we ordered some drinks. After another 10 minute wait or longer, The soup showed up. It was stone cold! We then waited for the waiter to return to send back the soup and ask for refill of our drinks. It became obvious that other tables were having the same kind of problem. We looked at a table that ordered before we came into the restaurant and after 40 minutes they were still sitting there waiting for their lunch. As far as the food is concerned, it is nothing special. It appears to me that the staff is without direction. I watched the staff put together a table for eight, it was as if it was the first time they were attempting it. They were noisy and distracting, pleasant setting turned into a comedy of errors. I really don't blame the waitstaff and I am hoping that writing a review will get to the owners attention and they make some adjustments so that their staff and the kitchen have some kind of leadership. No sense blaming the waiter unless of course the waiter was nasty but in our case he was very pleasant. I'm not sure if I would ever return here. There would have to be some drastic changes! The owner should think about calling Robert Irvine from restaurants inpossible, I'm sure the Vineyard House is losing customers.

Visited June 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Decent lunch in Santa Ynez”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Lunch menu was nice, but I found the seafood sandwich rather bland. My sister said her vegetable sandwich was very good, and my other sister had the turkey melt which was quite good. My wife enjoyed the garlic chicken sausage fettuccine, and the Caesar salad was very good. The iced tea and lemonade were weak; of course, they had a very good wine list, featuring local wineries. The setting is great, pleasant and relaxing. Service was welcoming and friendly. This is a great destination simply for the beautiful setting in an historic building and lush grounds. We would return when in the area.

• Visited May 2014

Been to The Vineyard House? Share your experiences!