“Best turkey burger I ever had.”
Review of The Vineyard House

The Vineyard House
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Santa Ynez
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Good for: View, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in the heart of Santa Ynez, CA in a charming Victorian house built in 1907, with two beautiful indoor dining areas and two outside decks. The property is surround by large pepper trees that are over 100 years old and frames the stunning view of the surrounding mountains. Voted consistently "Best Outdoor Dining." Lunch is served daily from 11:30 until 3:00 with a wonderful variety of fresh salads, sandwiches, burgers, pizzas and pasta selections. The afternoon APPs menu is from 3:00 until 5:00 featuring appetizers, pizzas or salads. Dinner is served nightly Wednesday (closed Tuesday) through Sunday, from 5:00-9:00 and highlights fresh seafood, steak, pork, chicken and pasta selections that can be paired with a wonderful selection of local wines. Sunday Brunch: The Vineyard House is open at 10:00-3:00 for the best brunch in the Santa Ynez, CA.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Food is very good at a very reasonably price. The restaurant is a little hard to find, as it's off the main road. Definitely worth it though.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We live in the Valley and dine here often. So, for our anniversary, Vineyard House was our first choice.

Great service, outstanding food! I was surprised how busy they were for a Monday night! Had the spring roll appetizer, raspberry pecan salad. Wife had fish special, sole, I had the surf and turf.

Look forward to going back again soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I love snobs, as long as they can hold their own with sophistication and class. Throw in some manners and I'll worship a snob any day. But what I don't quite understand is, when you walk up to this tiny place, you'll have to wade through a bunch of people in t-shirts and board shorts, staring and scoffing at you, just to be seated. Why do they have us entering through what deems to be the back of the restaurant? No one is there to greet you, so it's even more awkward and uninviting.

I decided to sit inside. Wrong idea. Hot, stuffy, and absolutely no privacy...an old lady turned to stare at me and kept her eye on every move I made. Granted, I was the youngest one there, but I dressed with sophistication and was very well behaved. Another overweight, white trash couple kept eavesdropping on my conversation. My, this place is way too "intimate" and uncomfortable!

The quiche was tasteless, served with more greens and broccoli than eggs on top a soggy crust. Dessert, pound cake strawberry shortcake, wasn't amazing either, the cake was more like a constipated brick.

And if we are going to sit by the shutters, please clean them! Wasps and sweat bees were flying all around me, landing back in the shutters.

The lethargic staff needs to hustle more to fill waters and keep things smooth.

Overall, I'm not impressed, after this place was recommended to me. But I would recommend trying it out for yourself. It's not an amazing place but I've certainly been to worse.

1  Thank MitsoukoRussie
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We found this place to be a great place to relax, dine, and enjoy dinner for two. We spent the day in Santa Barbara watching World Cup Final with friends. It was fun & wild.

After driving back up to the peace in the valley, we reserved a table at 7 pm (this assures us of a desire able table.)

We were seated by a window overlooking the patio. Our service was outstanding! We loved the setting in this small town & having cloth napkins and table cloth after a week of grabbing on the go.

So I had pork tenderloin with Apple chutney, fresh broccoli and carrots and fresh mashed potatoes. Excellent!!! We each ordered a glass of wine. Selection included Central Coast, and we loved the Chardonnay and the Riesling.

My spouse ordered a special and it was blackened halibut. Half way through I learned it was over cooked. It was too late to send back (apology to chef) so that was our only kink.

We will go back when we are here next time.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Fantastic location, beautiful setting and view! Friendly local staff and regulars with a great outdoor seating area and live music. Comfort food and local wines!

Been to The Vineyard House? Share your experiences!