“Terrible”

Ranked #8 of 27 things to do in Santa Ynez
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Worst winery ever. I've never felt so embarrassed in my life. I was with a group of 6 people on a wine tour and we were told we could t not finish our tastings because we were too " tipsy". We were singing happy bday to our bday girl when the employee named Meghan asked us to leave. Our wine tour guide felt terrible and shocked at how awful the hospitality was., especially since we just bought a $50 bottle Of wine and then were asked to leave.

1 Thank Kendallbober

Santa Maria, California
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“White wines too”
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This area is well known for it's pinot noir wines but the whites don't always get their share of fame. At Brander they do some great white wines to include my fave: Savignon Blanc. Pretty setting for pictures with a large fountain out front and some great picnic tables to enjoy lunch and a tasting at (bring your own lunch).

Visited September 2012
1 Thank hikingbee
Santa Barbara, California
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 156 helpful votes
“Very Nice Wine Tasting Experience!”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My friends and I stopped in at Brander Vineyard today while we were visiting the Santa Ynez Valley. The staff in the tasting room were really friendly and helpful and they guided us through our wine tasting. Brander specializes in Sauvignon Blanc and we got to try a few. They also had some really nice Cabernet Sauvignon and the Syrah was excellent. The grounds are really pretty, and they have a very large patio that has lots of picnic seating. We found a nice shady spot and had a picnic as well. A very nice experience. Tasting fee was $10.00 per person and you can share if you aren't big drinkers.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Marc L
Fort Worth, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Nothing lost at Brander!”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Brander is amazing! Not only was the wine perfection, but the staff was impeccable. Celebrating my bachelorette with my two very best friends led us from LA to wine country. After many wonderful local reviews, we stumbled upon Brander and we were not disappointed. Everyone we met was wonderful and they kept the tasting room open a few extra minutes for us. After leaving, I realized my credit card had fallen out of my purse. The Brander team was able to find it in the vineyard and mail it back to me in Missouri within one day, along with another bottle of their Cuvee Nicolas. They were wonderful and my husband and I can't wait to visit on our next trip!

Visited August 2011
Ahwatukee, Arizona, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Branded by Brander”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Nice selection during the tasting and like them on Facebook for a special pour of your selection. I enjoyed the cabernet reserve 2006 so much I had to purchase a bottle from the winery.

Visited April 2012