“Special Accommodation”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santee
Sacramento
“Special Accommodation”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

This little motel is not as bad as the reviews claim. My husband and I had to spend time unexpectedly in Santee due to a family emergency. We didn't have time to research lodging and chose this motel due to it's close proximity to the hospital. I am picky about the cleanliness of hotels, so I asked to see one of the rooms in advance to make sure they were clean. They had no problem showing me, and the room looked fine. We booked the room at a good weekday internet rate and were told the rate would go up over the weekend due to weekend rates and the fact that it was the weekend of Comic Con. We explained that our trip was unexpected due to a family emergency and the cost of the trip was a hardship. The hotel manager agreed to extend the internet rate to us through the weekend due to our unfortunate circumstances. He didn't have to do that and we were very grateful that he did. The motel itself was not dirty as many other reviewers have claimed. Our room was very clean. No stains, smells, etc. It's not the Hyatt, but for a Best Western it was well-maintained and clean. All staff we encountered were very courteous. The pool area was clean and the motel was in a good location close to everything we needed.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms face the pool, but no one used it, so no noise. Ask for a room away from the pool...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TeriHarness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hebrew first
Santa Ynez, California
Reviewed 17 February 2011

An unscrupulous employee of this motel stole my confidential data from motel records and used it for disgusting purposes. It was easy enough to change my credit card number but somewhat less convenient to change my telephone number, email address, and home address.

I complained to Best Western International about this incident and about their lack of regard for my privacy and safety. Their response: "We apologize for the issues you are having with the staff at the BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge." Not a word about the theft of my confidential information. Not a word about the harassment of guests by employees. Not a word about steps I should take to protect myself from further consequences of the theft.

I wonder whether what happened to me is simply business as usual at Best Western. If so, they should advertise. The public ought to know.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank anonymous33056
falmouth ma
Reviewed 30 January 2011

We reserved 2 ajoining rooms 2 months before our stay..... but when we checked in they were separated and one of them was just gross with a red stain on the floor by the bed... stinkerooo too... either blood or red wine barf but lots of it...
So i had to sleep in the same room with my 79 year old and very demanding mother... what a fun vacation that made....
everybody was nice after that and out "good room was kept clean.... I think they were embarrassed.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Buellton, Calif.
Reviewed 3 July 2010

After reading these reviews, I probably would not have stayed here so I'm glad I forgot to look it up! We had two rooms for our family, one smoking and one non, and they were both clean and acceptable. The STAFF is what made this place special for us. We arrived in the morning after a four hour drive with a two year old, and hoped we could get into just ONE room, to get ready for birthday party we were attending. We were graciously offered BOTH rooms early! Not only that, but each staff person that we saw or passed on the grounds were very friendly, always asking if we needed anything and happy to help us out with little things. I will stay there again, no problem!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Thank just...d
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Needed an inexpensive hotel in Santee because it is one of the last cities in the state that still operates a drive-in theater and my teenage son had been bugging me to one so he could experience it.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean, had a little microwave and mini fridge in it. Two doors down, virtually in the same parking lot, was a convenience store which could come in handy if you were staying longer I suppose. They had not only drink but food vending machines. They serve a continental breakfast in the mornings that surpasses most places I've stayed at the offer the same thing. In addition to the regular juices, coffee, pastries and muffins, the had a variety of cereals both hot and cold, milk, bagels with cream cheese, assorted breads for toast, fresh fruit, boiled eggs and an Belgium waffle maker with all the fixings. The hotel is also in a good location close to many restaurants including Sonic.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
texas
Reviewed 15 April 2010

We cannot believe Best Western allows their name to be used on this motel. Worst experience ever. Local teens/young adults allowed to rent suite room next to ours and loudly party with a large group late into the night. Since it was a non-smoking suite the party stood on the balcony in front of our window to smoke and talk loudly. Not much cooperation from staff except that they would move us. We declined since we would be staying there for 4 nights. After finally getting nasty, they relocated the party group.

Motel was close to shopping and good restaurants about 5 miles away.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I grew up in a town of about 25000 people. This hotel reminded me of the ones there. We actually lived in Santee for about a year before moving and this is not the place to stay. The bed sheets had stains on them and the wi-fi was weak. It was smallish and dingy and the beds are hard. Run like a Mom & pop but without the friendliness.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank jnorlund
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Carlton Oaks
#2 of 3 in Santee
Best Western Courtesy Inn
#4 of 15 in El Cajon
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Best Western Seven Seas
Best Western Seven Seas
#141 of 279 in San Diego

Been to Best Western Santee Lodge? Share your experiences!