“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santee
La Puente, California
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights on 4th of July. I booked a handicap room on the first floor. I was very pleased with the room it had everything a handicap person would need. The grounds are well kept, small pool and the location was great. Close to restaurants and stores. A doughnut shop and a 7 eleven right next door which made it convenient. The hotel also has complimentary breakfast which was good. Also if you are interested in gambling the Barrona is about 15-20 minutes from this hotel.

The only thing I would recommend is that they add another trash can in the room other than that I found this hotel very pleasant and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
BWSantee, General Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 619-449-2626.

BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Hebrew first
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I reserved a room for 1 night in Santee, CA. and really liked my room and the clean room as well. I brought my 2 year old son and included him in the reservation about 3 weeks prior to my stay. When I arrived to check in I was given an upstairs room that had a very long staircase to climb to get to it. I asked the desk clerk if it was upstairs and she said yes. I asked her if there were any downstairs rooms open for the night and she said no without even checking. I did not like trying to carry our luggage up stairs and assisting a 2year old at the same time. It was also difficult to try and hold on to him when unlocking the hotel room door, so that he would not go right down the stairs. My room was on the corner within a couple steps from the long staircase. I felt very nervous every time I had to go anywhere and also had a very difficult time coming and going. I also noticed that the room underneath mine was vacant when I arrived, and it was still vacant when I was ready to check out. The curtains were partially drawn open and stayed that way all night and day. I would have loved to have the downstairs room so that my stay would have been very enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 619-449-2626.

santee, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Due to a flood in my condo, I stayed at the Best Western Santee Lodge. The location was great, due to the fact it was close to my home and I could have my dog stay with me. My room was nice and clean, but smelled of cigarette smoke even though the room was a non-smoking room. Otherwise my stay was pleasant and the staff was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSantee, General Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this review, 3 July 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights (W-Sa) on Memorial Day weekend with my 21 year-old son. Not bad but not the greatest value either. Pretty expensive for what you get. If it weren't about the only game in Santee I'd have looked elsewhere. Room was clean and relatively quiet. Spa was not very hot but it was fine. Pool closes too early (9:00). I might go back to El Cajon next time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BWSantee, Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Dadmay,

Lakeside, California
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Our condo was recently tented for termites and we needed somewhere to stay for two days with a cat. After a mishap with checking in, staying a night then having the tenting cancelled, they were very understanding of the situation. Instead of being charged a full two days, they charged us a day and half a day for the next, and the next week when we were being tented, they allowed for an early check in and a 12m check out. The rooms were clean, and I like that each room comes with a mini fridge and microwave.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ventura
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have stayed at this Best Western several times . New owners must have taken over about two years ago. They have really done a great job at cleaning and upgrading . The only complaint I have is the breakfast. Not much to chose from. All the employees are very helpful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Covina, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our daughter goes to a local college in the area so we have been trying out various hotels looking for a place to call home when we visit her. Well.......We have found it! Excellent service, very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean, and breakfast is better then most places we have stayed at! The only negative is the parking, if you get in late you might have a little trouble squeezing in somewhere. All in all we will be back when we come to town! Keep it up Santee Lodge!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWSantee, Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this review, 28 March 2014

BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Carlton Oaks
Best Western Continental Inn
Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
Days Inn San Diego-East/El Cajon

Been to Best Western Santee Lodge? Share your experiences!