“No Frills, Decent Place”

Best Western Santee Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The rooms are standard no-frills hotel rooms. The mattresses are acceptable, although not great. I appreciated that they provided four pillows for each bed. The bathroom was clean although many of the towels are very worn and have holes in them. They have a computer and printer in the front lobby for guest use. The breakfast is the standard waffles, cereal, yogurt, pastries - nothing fancy but suitable. There is a donut shop next door and a 7-11 on the corner. The parking lot is way too small and it's difficult to park a larger vehicle (even a Suburban) in there. If you arrive at the hotel later in the evening, there may not be any space available.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Su926
BWSantee, General Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 619-449-2626.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Good value, but only standard Best Western. Clean!

Good attended. Don't speaks a lot, but I've attended with an early check-in before noon.

Avoid room 105 as it is just in front the noisy ice machine... It's really noisy, even when nobody is using it.
This isn't most beauty place at Santee and Santee definitely is not the best place to stay when visiting San Diego, but is pretty easy to access as it's served by many freeways (CA52, CA125, CA97 and also near to I8).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The motel relys on a 10-20 old remodel to advertise. The exterior and planters are well maintanined togive a good impression on arrival. The maintenance of the rooms and the equipment in the rooms is worn and dated. The staff apparently does not even know the head end of the bed fromm the foot end. Slow and plugged sink and bathtub drains are normal. The unit we started in had the toilet plug n the middle of the night with no maintenance man available until 9am the next morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Terry J
BWSantee, General Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. At Best Western we strive every day to provide a superior customer experience. I am sorry we weren’t able to do that for you. We will use the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we provide a better experience in the future.

Because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 15% discount to use towards a future stay. When you’re ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.

Please consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with superior service. You can reach me directly at 619-449-2626.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel for three nights on 4th of July. I booked a handicap room on the first floor. I was very pleased with the room it had everything a handicap person would need. The grounds are well kept, small pool and the location was great. Close to restaurants and stores. A doughnut shop and a 7 eleven right next door which made it convenient. The hotel also has complimentary breakfast which was good. Also if you are interested in gambling the Barrona is about 15-20 minutes from this hotel.

The only thing I would recommend is that they add another trash can in the room other than that I found this hotel very pleasant and friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 619-449-2626.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I reserved a room for 1 night in Santee, CA. and really liked my room and the clean room as well. I brought my 2 year old son and included him in the reservation about 3 weeks prior to my stay. When I arrived to check in I was given an upstairs room that had a very long staircase to climb to get to it. I asked the desk clerk if it was upstairs and she said yes. I asked her if there were any downstairs rooms open for the night and she said no without even checking. I did not like trying to carry our luggage up stairs and assisting a 2year old at the same time. It was also difficult to try and hold on to him when unlocking the hotel room door, so that he would not go right down the stairs. My room was on the corner within a couple steps from the long staircase. I felt very nervous every time I had to go anywhere and also had a very difficult time coming and going. I also noticed that the room underneath mine was vacant when I arrived, and it was still vacant when I was ready to check out. The curtains were partially drawn open and stayed that way all night and day. I would have loved to have the downstairs room so that my stay would have been very enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Due to a flood in my condo, I stayed at the Best Western Santee Lodge. The location was great, due to the fact it was close to my home and I could have my dog stay with me. My room was nice and clean, but smelled of cigarette smoke even though the room was a non-smoking room. Otherwise my stay was pleasant and the staff was very helpful and polite.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWSantee, General Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed 4 nights (W-Sa) on Memorial Day weekend with my 21 year-old son. Not bad but not the greatest value either. Pretty expensive for what you get. If it weren't about the only game in Santee I'd have looked elsewhere. Room was clean and relatively quiet. Spa was not very hot but it was fine. Pool closes too early (9:00). I might go back to El Cajon next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BWSantee, Manager at Best Western Santee Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Dadmay,

BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Carlton Oaks
Best Western Continental Inn
Hilton Garden Inn San Diego Mission Valley Stadium
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU

Been to Best Western Santee Lodge? Share your experiences!