“not what i expect”
Review of Rodeway Inn Santee

Rodeway Inn Santee
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked 2 non-smoking rooms for me and 7 other girlfriends from online website. There is a sign saying that there is discount for AAA members. I mentioned about my AAA membership to the front desk, she said that they already charged my card, so she can't adjust the price anymore.

Both of the rooms we booked were obviously not non-smoking rooms. You can smell the odors right when you open the door. I did not bother to complain since the motel has no vacancy, meaning there will be no room available for us to move anyway.

Although hair dryer and iron are not provided in the room, I believe it can be requested.

Pool is not heated, so we did not get a chance to try since it was cold. No Jacuzzi.

Overall, i would come back if it was cheaper.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Friska K
GM-CRHOTEL, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hello Friska K.,

Thank you for your feedback. This gives me an opportunity to clarify the reservation process for our property. If you booked online with ChoiceHotels.com or over the phone at our location, your credit card would be used to only reserve the room and we would have access to the rate and can give you the AAA discount, since we have access to the rate that the room was reserved.

If you booked online with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia or Priceline, you will have paid those third party sites and we do not have access to the rate, how much was paid or what credit card was used to pay for the room, therefore refunding or providing a discount on an amount that is unknown is not doable. All we know at the time of arrival is that you paid one of those online reservation site.

This explanation does not cover all online reservation agencies, but I hope it helps users when choosing where and how to make reservations for rooms. In addition, our staff needs to provide proper discounts when valid and proper explanations when we can not, therefore I will address this during on-going training.

Yes, we do have hair dryers and ironing boards, in addition to coffee makers and alarm clocks available for guests during their stay. Feel free to request these items and our staff will bring them to your room upon request.

I sincerely apologize that your non-smoking room smelled like a smoking room. We strive to provide our guests with the type of room reserved and our staff needs to follow proper procedures to address this issue.

Prices vary throughout the year and even by day, but our goal is to provide our guests with a competitive price and value. I hope you will return to our location next time you are in the area and give us the opportunity to amend the issues you experienced. Your feedback is important to us and I appreciate your comments.

Sheryl

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Pictures online are very misleading! Rooms are old and looked dirty to me. Not even a hair dryer in the room. Noisy and definitely NOT worth $90.00.
Pool looked dirty too although I did not use it. No restaurant within walking distance,

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie H
Vishal T, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

The Team at Rodeway Inn Santee

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I have a son in Lakeside, so the location is super conveninent, room was as expexcted for the price. Staff was friendly and helpful. No in room coffee maker. Clean room with nothing unpleasant. Parking lot is a little on the cramped side.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
GM-CRHOTEL, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback! If you are in the area again and are staying with us, please ask the front desk clerk for a coffee maker. We have single cup coffee makers, coffee and condiments, available for guest use at no additional charge. Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn Santee for your lodging needs!

Reviewed 14 August 2012

The room itself was OK. The TV remote only worked after several tries each time we tried to use it and the batteries were taped in. My biggest problems were with the hidden charges which appeared on my bill when I went to check out. There was a charge for use of the refrigerator/microwave that were in the room. There was a charge for the safe that we found out the guest has to specifically say was not used in order to get it removed from the bill. There was no charge for a coffee pot because there was none in the room. The continental breakfast consisted of orange juice, coffee, and store bought, wrapped sweet rolls. Considering the room was $100 a night, I was not impressed.

Room Tip: Good luck on getting a downstairs room. We requested one with our reservation and when we arrived...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This motel for the money is hard to beat!! It was clean, up to date it was a great value!! Close to the freeway but still got a good night sleep. Would stay there again!!

Room Tip: Great place to stay
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank John M
Reviewed 10 February 2010

We stayed here because of its proximity to San Diego and its budget price. We were pleasantly surprised! It was very clean and the staff was very nice, accomodating, and helpful!
If you're looking for a low-price place to stay that is close to San Diego, stay here!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank queenpin
Reviewed 14 October 2008

I was concerned about staying at a non-franchise hotel, but it turned out to be alright. I saved a few bucks by not going to a franchised hotel and was surprised that the rooms were fine. It was clean and I had a good night's rest. I needed extra pillows and a hair dryer, so the office clerk brought them to me. In the morning there is a small breakfast with coffee, danishes and granola bars in the lobby, which I picked up on m way out. There is free wireless too, but make sure to ask when you check-in otherwise you may have to move rooms.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank tri-west
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Best Western Santee Lodge
Carlton Oaks
Carlton Oaks
#2 of 3 in Santee
Best Western Continental Inn
Rodeway Inn San Diego Near Qualcomm Stadium
Days Inn San Diego-East/El Cajon
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East

Been to Rodeway Inn Santee? Share your experiences!