Free cancellation until 26/07
US$511
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Gables Inn Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$286
Travelocity
Hotel Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$252
  • Breakfast included
HI Marin Headlands Hostel(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Waters Edge Hotel(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$335
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$345
US$291
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$167
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$211
US$196
Priceline
US$268
TripAdvisor
1,069 results
All reviewsmurray circlefarley barthe golden gate bridgefort bakerhistoric roomsmeditation poolmilitary basegolf cartfront porchcooking schoolrocking chairsking suitesan franciscoparade groundofficers quartersdiscovery museumcooking class
Reviewed 2 June 2011

When I first discovered Cavallo Point's website, I fell in love with the pictures immediately! Although less than half hour away from our home in busy San Francisco, it felt like like we were in a far away vacation destination. Located at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Francisco skyline view is picturesque - amazing! The historic lodging is charming and the nature serene. We are reminded how much we love and appreciate San Francisco's beauty.

We first came here Dec 2010, and it was decorated with Christmas/Holday decor and lights.
Very romantic. We were celebrating our 1 yr Anniversary, so they upgraded our room to a suite at no extra charge. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and welcoming. Included in our rate was credit to their Michelin restaurant, Murray Circle.

Before dinner, we hung out a little at Farley Bar. We were luckily seated in front of the cozy and relaxing fireplace. Nice selection of cocktails, wine, and small-bites. Then we went to the elegant yet understated Murray Circle. The entire menu was so tempting - we each ordered 3 courses - everything we devoured was refined and delicious!

The following morning, we were so pleasantly fulfilled :-), before we left, we decided to sit at Farley Bar's patio for a light snack and take in the view once again. We agreed Cavallo Point, with it's beauty and great service, would continue to be our Anniversary spot for years to come.

Six months later, June 2011, we wanted to celebrate our 1.5 yr Anniversary without goin too far from home, and again, we wanted to enjoy Cavallo Point. This 2nd time, we wanted to experience the Healing Arts Center & Spa, a delightful place for the body, mind, and spirit.
A day pass for the jacuzzi, steam room, outdoor meditation pool, and the Center is $65 each,
but a 1 hour treatment as low as $120 (weekday discount) includes this day pass until 8pm.
I had an Organic Massage (traditional, therapeutic, swedish) from Karen - she was great.

This is a place you can really meditate and renew yourself all day. Before our treatment, we enjoyed the steam room, jacuzzi, and outdoor heated pool to warm our muscles. Then after my heavenly massage, we went outdoors again. Amongst the trees and birds, we had a light snack (salmon sandwich, arugula salad, goji colada). Enjoyed the heated pool again, the outdoor fireplace, the indoor fireplace, the jacuzzi and steam room until I felt all sweated out. The locker room and showers are spacious and clean and the service here is friendly. I LOVE it here!

Although I would love to keep Cavallo Point as my little secret, I have to give them praise for their service, their charm, all of our wonderful experiences. This place makes us happy, and I wish happiness for everyone. Consider this place for your celebration, or getaway - definitely a treat for all your senses!

Room Tip: Check out the special offers !
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank inspiredbycat
eclairs8, Executive Office at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind post! We are thrilled that you had chosen to celebrate your anniversary with us and are so happy to hear that you had a lovely time. Our staff will be pleased to know that they were able to play a part in creating a wonderful experience for you both. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm Regards,
Christine Hoang
Executive Assistant

Reviewed 31 May 2011

If you're looking to have a view of the golden gate bridge from your bed, you should stay here. Although we got booked in the handicapped room, it was great. Sausalito is a great town with great views of San Fran.
We stayed in a historic room which has a more modern style than I was expecting. My husband is a law enforcement park ranger so he was thrilled with staying in such a historic place. I think it's a great idea to have resorts at these types of places because people can experience a place with such great history.
The view of the golden gate bridge is awesome. You can walk the grounds and almost be right underneath the bridge. The rate includes valet parking and they are good. They run back and forth and we never waited more than 5 minutes for our car. The lobby staff seemed a bit over whelmed the one day we went in to see about kayak and paddle boarding rentals but we weren't really in a hurry so it was fine.
We went to breakfast at the restaurant there and I had the ciabatta french toast with pears and it was phenomenal, I have to figure out how to re-create it.
I would recommend it and enjoy!

1  Thank justmarried0904
Reviewed 29 May 2011

This is a truly breathtaking property with killer views of the golden gate bridge. We were only there for a couple nights for a wedding- which was amazing. I would love to return for a longer visit to take advantage of all of Cavallo Point's amenities. It is a little hike to the main part of Sausalito, but if you walk or bike it, you'll be rewarded with beautiful views (and a pretty good workout!). You can also sit in a rocking chair fireside, enjoy a glass of wine and take in the views. Make sure to get up early and catch the sunrise! This is a not-to-miss property if you're heading to Sausalito!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kristi34607
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We spent just one night here because of the cost - but this was a place that I watched be renovated and I wanted to stay in one of the historic buildings. It was really great. I suspect we had a nicer room that we paid for $355 plus tax prepaid on Hotels.com - as the first room was up a couple of flights of stairs and we had requested a low floor.

At any rate, it was really a great place - first class all the way - the back porch of our building had been made into a long, narrow and sunny bathroom. Lovely.

We didn't have a view but a short walk to the parade grounds and we were almost under the Golden Gate Bridge and had a clear view of San Francisco and Alcatraz from the "other side."

Great night!

2  Thank Bensus
Reviewed 18 May 2011

This is a relentlessly eco lodge. I can't really call it a resort as it lacks the necessary amenities, nor is it a city hotel. Most of the rooms are in old (built early 1900's) military barracks. Although ours was on the ground floor, we had to climb about 12 steps (and only one section had a handrail) to reach the front door. The other suites in the building were another flight up. Our room was a 2 room suite, but since there was no door between the rooms it was pretty useless. The furniture seemed to come from Ikea, complete with TV armoire doors not lining up properly and therefore not closing. No matter, as the TV could not be seen from the bedroom. The bed was very comfortable. The toilet paper, tissue and towels were scratchy and rough -- paying tribute to the eco nature of the place, no doubt. The interiors appeared to have been painted over numerous times so don't try to open built in drawers, etc. Our suite was termed "historic." I call it old.

The food was definitely unusual, and mostly very good. But what's with the raw interior of the butterscotch souffle? The wine list prices left us gasping -- not much under 3 figures. And listing the name of the fishing vessel that caught the seafood items is rather pretentious!

Farley's bar is fun, but beware the prices.

Luckily we stayed on a Sunday night when the rates are lower. We paid $248 base, plus miscellaneous extras.

For the money you can do far better in the town of Sausalito, or San Francisco.

4  Thank mpfund6617
eclairs8, Executive Office at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We do value all guest feedback and do appreciate you taking the time to post a review.

I am sorry to hear that amenities at the Lodge did not meet with your expectations. Please appreciate that we are a historic National Park Lodge, providing a very different and unique experience compared to a city hotel.

In regards to our dining options, we are very excited to announce that we have a new Executive Chef, Justin Everett on board and have unveiled his updated menus in the past few weeks. I hope that you would consider giving the restaurant another visit to sample the new cuisine.

Once again, thank you for your comments. If there is any further assistance that I may provide, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Christine Hoang