“great concession on the water in this town”

Sea Trek Ocean Kayak and Sup
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are the premier Kayaking and Stand Up Paddle Board Center in San Francisco and Marin. We have been safely leading trips and renting kayaks and Stand Up Paddle Boards for over 30 years. Come on down to our Location at The Bay Model Visitor's Center. We are open for rentals daily. We offer Kayaking and Stand Up Paddling trips, classes, lessons and Stand Up Paddle Yoga.
Reviewed 26 August 2012

for those adventurers who want to get in a kayak or a paddleboard to go out on the water, really cool place with a lot of different organized paddles or solo paddles and loads of equipment to choose from.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

The combination of awesome staff and knock out location make this a must do for anyone looking for a fun day on the water. This location is super accessible, right in Sausalito and the kayaks and paddle boards are waiting for you at the waters edge. Kids can paddle in a protected area near the beach, easy paddles passing cool houseboats and all manner of sea life are just strokes north, or a more strenuous option toward the golden gate bridge via the main drag of downtown Sausalito minutes south. Lessons and organized tours look popular, though I did not do that myself. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

First, I would like to thank them for accommodating my requests. I was traveling solo within a restricted time frame and none of the tours stated on the net really met what I wanted, but when I called, they were more than happy to work out a custom tour with a private guide and at a totally reasonable price.
My guide was awesome. Knowledgable and easy going. Kept up conversation with me which is not easy as I am not a natural chater. He was also very professional about safety, which was great since it was a very challenging paddle. Lots of wind, current, traffic , fog and waves to deal with.
My tour itself was awesome. Beautiful scenery. Saw a seal fighting and eating a bat ray. Yeah, crazy. And of course golden gate bridge from below. However, to anyone reading who is a beginner paddler, this was not easy. Quite challenging strength and skill wise. It wasn't too much for me (I would consider myself intermediate) but it was on the cusp of what I could handle when we were out by the bridge. That being said, I was totally psyched to have done it, and had a great time. Thanks everyone at sea trek! You guys were one of the highlights of my San Fran / Sonoma odyssey!

Reviewed 3 July 2012

We rented a pair of sit on top kayaks, and did a paddle of the bay, viewing the houseboats and seals. Nice folks to deal with - they even gave me a bottle of water when I forgot mine. We saw them take out a bunch of kids, who looked like they were having a wonderful time.

Reviewed 6 May 2012

We recently joined a guided night tour of Sausalito. Even as locals, I found the tour to be really interesting and I learned a lot.

The rental equipment was in good repair and the group size was kept to a reasonable size, with 6 guest boats (12 guests) to 2 guides.

This was the "full moon" tour and it was great. The weather was ideal, the sunset was likewise lovely, and the views of Mt. Tam and the City were great from the kayak. It wasn't too tiring either.

I would definitely recommend this as an activity for anyone spending several days visiting San Francisco, it's something a little different and active, but still touristy in a good way. They have more athletic--focused tours as well, but I think the moonlight tour would make a perfect end to a day spent touring or hiking in Marin or Sonoma/Napa.

However because the night tour ends and 10pm and you'll feel a little wet and salty (not TOO wet) I think it would work best as an end to your day. There isn't much late-night dining in Marin. There are some great places nearby for a pre-kayak dinner like Le Garage right next door. There's even a little beach here I had no idea existed before launching from there for this tour.

Make sure you have at least one good rower per pair, not great if you had more kids than adults or an odd number of folks.

2  Thank NSIInnerloop2