“picture perfect”
Review of The Inn Above Tide

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sausalito
The Inn Above Tide
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sausalito
Reviewed 3 May 2011

The Inn Above Tide is located in a wonderful little town just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. Each room sits directly above the bay with uninterrupted views to Alcatraz and back to San Francisco (they even provide binoculars). The rooms are very modern, with luxury amenities. We were lucky enough to have a Queen Deluxe (room 208) with a deck at the end of the room, a fireplace and a great big bath.
The wine and cheese hour (complimentary) comes as part of your nights stay as does a continental breakfast which you can have delivered to your room.
I would highly recommend The Inn Above Tide as an alternative to staying in the center of San Francisco, especially if you have a car. It's in a great spot, in a lovely town however is close enough to the city itself.
The employees were also lovely, thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wonderlusta

Reviewed 14 March 2011

This might have been the priciest hotel in Sausalito, not sure? However, it is the only hotel on the water on the San Fran Bay and the view is spectacular. The room was very small with very little storage space for your clothes. It was well appointed with plush bedding, stereo for your ipod, gorgeous bathroom, etc. The deck was small but the view made up for it. Can't say enough about the staff. They just couldn't do enough for you. Everyday they had a continental breakfast set out downstairs and a wine and cheese set up in the afternoon. We travel a lot and this will be high on my list of places I have visited and stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2011

This was my 3rd time staying here. I stayed with my husband for our wedding anniversary. I live in Marin, but I wanted to do something special, but still close to home. We reserved the 'Tidal Suite', it was beyond fantastic! I had an in house massage, which was great, I was able to lay and relax, listening to the waves, the sun was setting and I was able to watch it as I was having my massage. Then we had Spencer go out and pick up our dinner from a local restaurant. He also helped us get the fireplace going. We had a great night, the staff were wonderful, the room was wonderful, the morning breakfast was great. They have the BEST orange juice! I can't wait till I get another reason to pamper myself at The Inn Above Tide! Thanks to everyone there, that made our stay special.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Actually, we used to live in Sausalito, years ago, so when we came back for a visit, we wanted our daughter to get a peek of the view we used to enjoy just up the hill. The Inn gave us that...and so much more! I read reviews here on this hotel, and wholeheartedly agree...the Inn is one of the best hotel experiences we've EVER had, ANYWHERE! We really didn't want to leave!!! You can't get any closer to the water...you're ON it! Breakfast on your own private deck, with the seagulls nearby, overlooking the city of San Francisco, Alcatraz, Angel Island...it's just paradise! At night, the sounds of the water lull you to sleep. Inside the room, it's gorgeous...the tub is luxurious, the bed...ahhhhhhhhh! It's a splurge, but something you really must do for yourself! The fun shops of Sausalito and the ferry boats are right there, steps away...the Lighthouse Cafe for pancakes is just a short walk down Bridgeway...although the Inn's continental breakfast is fantastic! And Sausalito is just a few moments past the Golden Gate Bridge, so even if you're hoping to see San Francisco, or wine country, or whatever the Bay Area has to offer, it's the perfect location. The staff is lovely--a huge list of free DVD's are there for you to watch in your room...and trust me...it will be hard to leave your room, with all that it offers! My only "reservation" in giving this glowing review is that all of you will book this place to capacity, and next time I want to stay there, I won't be able to!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2010

We stayed at the inn over the holidays in a standard room. What was supposed to be a wonderful romantic stay unfortunately turned into a sad stay because a relative passed away but the innkeepers and the entire staff made us feel so welcome. If you have something bad happen in your life this is the place to stay where everyone goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable. Spencer offered to get us dinner and was so kind the entire three days that we stayed at the inn. The room is breathtaking, charming and having the fireplace was wonderful. The view is incredible from the room and all of the amenities are top of the line. The bathtub was huge and inviting. I can't stress enough the charm and kindness of all of the staff. We will never stay anywhere else when we are in this part of the country. Truly a fabulous inn. Someone who owns this place has their act together. BEAUTIFUL place!!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2010

Stayed in the penthouse, and loved the room. Great location and amazing views. Lovely breakfast, good coffee, and nice evening wine/cheese serving.
Big downer for me is their nickel and diming to charge me $18/day to park my car near my room....after we paid their huge room fees. Just charge 20 bucks more on every room and call it even, but for such an expensive place to nickel and dime their best customers for such a trivial item is a bummer.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KateNLe
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Hard to add to the other stellar reviews--ditto all the great comments. We had the Vista Suite--crazy expensive for 2 nights, but worth every dime. Quiet, peaceful, yet right in the middle of the town, steps away from a great meal or drinks, shopping etc. Next door to us was a small restaurant with a guitar player who played and sang softly and beautifully during the late afternoon all those old tunes. Deck heaven with a bottle of Cakebread from the wineshop across the street. At night we left the glass doors to the bay open with only screens and could see the stunning view to Alcatraz and Frisco while the wood fire was blazing. Sleep heaven. Don't miss Sushi Ran for dinner, and Sausalito Bakery and Cafe for breakfast or lunch to go. We hiked the Muir Woods during the day, but couldn't wait to come back to that room. Well travelled here, this ranks in my top 5, maybe the best of all time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Debra1500
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sausalito
Cavallo Point
SoMa
Palace Hotel
Palace Hotel
#23 of 230 in San Francisco

Been to The Inn Above Tide? Share your experiences!