The Inn Above Tide
  • Restaurant
Cavallo Point(Sausalito)
US$688
US$474
HI Marin Headlands Hostel(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$74
Hostelworld.com
Waters Edge Hotel(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$325
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$203
US$324
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswine and cheesequichesan franciscosea lionspastriesa king deluxe roomwood burning fireplacevista suitedrawing roomangel islandbay bridgeworth every pennyprivate deckcontinental breakfastbreakfast deliveredcorner roomgranola
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We had and absolutely delightful stay except for one thing. The good things include: unbelievable view, impeccable service, spectacular room, wonderful wine/cheese and breakfast and a great location.

The one problem that caused me to lower my rating from a 5 to a 3 was that my car was splattered with garden debris and covered with water spots while in the hotel parking lot. A good wash/wax will return the car to its normal spectacular appearance but I had to continue my vacation in a trashy car. What happened is that I was there on gardening day. I saw the Gardner washing away leaves around the cars with a hose. I am thankful he didn't use a blower as that could have caused paint dings since the parking lot is gravel. I would love to return to the hotel because it was a heavenly stay but I would be hoping it wasn't gardening day. Perhaps the hotel would agree to move my car out of the lot when the gardeners are working.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Jackrcpa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Found this hotel using google earth because I wanted a certain view across the bay, and there are frankly almost no hotels with this view. The location couldn't be better - literally adjoining the ferry terminal. Hotel is gorgeous and rooms are wonderful. Especially enjoyed the lovely wine and cheese in the pretty drawing room in the afternoons, and the fantastic breakfast there in the mornings. We borrowed bikes and went all around the shoreline - a truly wonderful place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hcmjkm
Reviewed 28 May 2014

As East Coast visitors, we picked Inn Above Tide based on the excellent reviews. Our opinion? We agree--it's fabulous. This was out best hotel stay in 40 years of marriage, which the hotel marked with a welcome split of champagne, a rose and a card. Yes, we spent well beyond our means for the Skyline Suite, but have not an ounce of buyer's remorse. As others have noted, it's hard emotionally to leave the room! It was modern and spotless and afforded jaw-dropping views of San Fran across the bay. The staff are highly personable and know what they are doing--good management is lurking somewhere in the background. I could do a fuller description, but what is offered on both the website and other reviews is accurate. This is splurge-worthy. Do it and you'll have a lifelong memory to savor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel back in 2005 and it really was one of the most special places I have stayed anywhere in the world. I still tell everyone about it - Sausalito is an amazing spot and this unassuming hotel is just a gem. Stunning views, amazing rooms, gorgeous bathrooms, fab staff, good food. It just gets everything right. Thank you - you are still as fresh in memory today as you were nearly 10 years ago.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We started our holiday at the Inn Above Tide, fabulous room, well appointed, spotless and amazing views from the room deck, lovely place to sit and have breakfast, which had an abundance of choices, lots of fresh fruits, delicious pastries, juices etc. tea and coffee available all day, bicycles, early evening wine and cheese, sumptuous beds, fresh cotton sheets certainly one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in. We will certainly return as it was in our opinion the best base to visit San Francisco.

Room Tip: Room with a deck
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple