“2nd Visit”

The Gables Inn Sausalito
Ranked #1 of 1 Sausalito B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This was my 2nd visit to the Gables Inn Sausalito and again I was very impressed. Above everything, the people at the Inn are so nice, especially Sis. During the wine and cheese hour (which was superb every day!) she always had a nice story and pleasant demeanor i.e lighting the fireplace, introducing guest to each other. This trip we stayed in the Buckeye room, I was a bit fearful of street noise, the room is located on the first floor but I had nothing to worry about. Very peaceful! My companion is allergic to down. When we booked our accommodations for Sausalito, Big Sur and Los Angeles, The Gables Inn was the only hotel that remembered and honored our request for no down. Their attention to detail and hospitality makes this hotel #1 when staying in the Bay area

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Visited for two nights and could not have stayed anywhere better. The Magnolia room has superb views across the bay. Were treated to a bottle of wine in the room even though my birthday was not until the following week. The cheese and wine were lovely, and the breakfast was superb. Staying in Sausolito? Definitely book this for your stay. The service was excellent. Thank you for a wonderful two day stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank andjanRotherham
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend in Sausalito and this place was recommended by my friend, a local for over ten years. She was so right! It is located just off the main street, close to shopping and many really good restaurants, but away from the bustle. We stayed in the Cypress Room, which was downstairs and adjacent to the common areas of the inn, which caused initial concern, as I am a light sleeper and was concerned about evening or morning breakfast noise. But the room was very quiet. It was also fairly large and very comfortable. We missed the evening wine and cheese, but thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast. We liked the ambiance of the inn, and the staff was very knowledgable and helpful. We had a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DWFSanFrancisco
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I recently visited SF for a long weekend get away. I was looking for romantic and boy did I find it! The Gables Inn was the perfect place for us.

We booked the Lilac Room and boy did it live up to it's expectation. We happened to have gotten the most amazing weather while we were there (in the 70s!) so we spent a great deal of time just relaxing on the balcony, taking in the beautiful sights around us. The hotel's breakfast and evening wine and cheese spread were perfect ways to start and end the day. They even provided trays for us to bring our meals up to the room, which we did once or twice. (My only complaint would be that the patio furniture wasn't all that comfortable. If you aren't on the balcony much, this may not be an issue but with the nice weather we were outside quite a bit so noticed it more.)

The staff were extremely pleasant and we enjoyed getting to know each of them during our stay. The hotel itself as well as the surrounding area were nice and quiet, although just a block away from the "hustle and bustle' of downtown Sausalito (I say that in jest, it is actually a quiet little town but there is a lot of congestion on the main road).

Overall, if you are looking for a romantic spot, look no further! The Gables Inn has it all. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Go with the Magnolia or Lilac room for great views AND a balcony. The Bay Room and Alder Room have...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AZfamily555
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at the Gables Inn, Feb. 26th- Mar 7th.
We felt at home as soon as we arrived. The staff, Jenny, Cissy, Mike, & Charles,
were great! What a bonus to have the breakfast served every morn, and wine & cheese each evening. We were sad to leave.

Room Tip: The Willow & the Magnolia offered private balconies with great views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Cheryl Dan B
Reviewed 5 March 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Gables Inn twice, We try to make it a winter sneak away when we can, This is a very nice comfortable place to stay in Sausalito, and they offer a great rate in winter. It is within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants, the ferry terminal for a trip into the city if you like, everything is right there! We park our car and don't use it until it's time to go home,

They have a wine and cheese invite for all the guests each evening and Sissy is the perfect hostess! All of the employees we have met are great, knowledgeable of the area, and quick to assist. The breakfast each morning is bountiful as well.

I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn to my family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We stayed at The Gables Inn during the holiday season with extended family. It was decorated so beautifully for Christmas and was one of the coziest, warmest places to stay. We stayed in the Alder Room which is adjoining with the Spruce Room. It is perfect when staying with family members. The manager Michael is very attentive as evidenced from the fresh flowers to the beautiful decorations to the complimentary excellent wine and cheese. Sissy, the hostess, is extremely engaging and and makes you feel welcome also.
The room appointments are luxurious. Our view overlooked the bay and San Francisco, just lovely. I can't recommend this Inn enough.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sausalito
Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley
Waters Edge Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tiburon

Been to The Gables Inn Sausalito? Share your experiences!