US$511
Cavallo Point(Sausalito)
US$581
US$553
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$618/night.

Hotel Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$252
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$279/night.

HI Marin Headlands Hostel(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$80
Hostelworld.com
Waters Edge Hotel(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$335
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$329
US$291
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$167
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

US$212
US$203
US$291
All reviewswine and cheesemagnolia roomsan franciscoyogurtfew minutes walkon site parkingthere is no air conditioningother guestsspacious roomthe main dragbay bridgeper daytwo nightseach eveningmuir woodslate afternoonmichael
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We checked in to this Inn on my birthday after some busy days in the Sonoma/Napa area for my daughter's first 1/2 marathon. Our room was ready but the adjoining room for my adult daughter's was not. There was a problem with the carpet which had been cleaned and was not dry. They more than accommodated us by giving our daughter's other rooms, yes, rooms, with a lovely view and balcony. We had a wonderful stay. I enjoyed the super comfortable bedding and all the soaking whirlpool tub. Our view was out of a large window which we enjoyed sharing a glass of wine while sitting at the large round table and soaking in the view as well as the same view from our bed of San Fran, Alcatraz and Angel Island. Breath taking. A short walk to all the shops and restaurants in the area. Great breakfast. Wine and cheese in the evening. Loved it. Would stay again when I am ever lucky enough to be in the area. Short walk to the ferry boat. Michael made a reservation for my birthday dinner at a nearby restaurant when we checked in. Great experience there. Loved our room in the front building...nice and breezy with the windows open. A bit warmer for our daughter's in the back building. No complaints. Wish we could have stayed another day.

Room Tip: Depends on what you like. A balcony, a view, steps, no steps, etc. Have many choices.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed in the Buckeye room - very spacious and well-appointed. The breakfasts and wine/cheese tastings were amazing. They went well above and beyond to accommodate the gluten-free members of our family as well as the kids (apple cider - yum!). Especially helpful in trying to figure out bridge tolling system. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed one night at the Gables Inn in June 2013. The room was on the ground floor with its only view (through a very dirty window) consisted of dead plants and a ruined fence. The room was nice and clean, however, but certainly overpriced; the continental breakfast excellent. The unsmiling young lady who greeted us told us that we better reserve a table for dinner. Her recommendation, together with a map where she rapidly drew instructions, was for a restaurant along the shore, The Seafood Peddler. The restaurant was was not among those listed in the city map or recommended in the list given in the hotel's website. The food was simply dreadful, a salty lobster bisque that probably came from a can, and crab that cost us a fortune. It was obvious to me that there was a special arrangement between the restaurant and the young lady. I wonder if the hotel owners knew about this.

Room Tip: Do not choose a ground floor, but it will cost a lot more
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank claremonttraveler
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed here two nights, in Room 203 (Cypress Room) on the first floor, right next to the "living room/lobby" area. That was really nice because we could just walk outside of our door to eat breakfast, etc. They have the S. F. newspaper - a copy for each guest - available here in the morning. They use a flower service, and the fresh flower arrangements in the public areas are really beautiful.

We didn't think our room was noisy from being next to the parlor area. Our room was even nicer than the photo on their website - much larger than I thought it would be. The ceilings here are really high, and there are beautiful pictures on the walls. Our room had lots of windows and a little porch area outside the glass doors.

The staff is very accommodating. The second night, it was a little chilly out, so we really enjoyed the ambiance of a real wood burning fire in the fireplace in the parlor area. The next morning, I asked the man at the front desk if we could have a fire again. After asking the other guests if that was OK with them, he made one. Also, I was having trouble getting internet access with my MacBook Pro, and he went out of his way to help me out. However, internet access with really slow. I didn't have that problem at the next place we stayed, but it was a hotel, not an inn. I thin I was the only one that had trouble accessing the internet, but he said other Macbook users have had trouble in the past. Upon checkout, he was nice enough to print me mapquest directions to our hotel in Sonoma. So all in all, really excellent service here.

I was very happy staying here, but my husband did not like the shower, which is connected to the claw-foot tub. He just washed up in the sink the first day. The second day, he used the shower in the tub, but said it was slippery since it is a curved tub, and not enough water pressure in the shower. I made the mistake of not checking the shower situation out when booking this room. Since he has arthritis in his knees, we can only stay in rooms where he doesn't have to walk up a flight of stairs.

This inn is very centrally located - just a very short walk down a steep hill. It was a problem for my husband getting back up this hill after dinner, again, because of the arthritis in his knees.

We liked that they served hard-boiled eggs with their continental breakfast. The pastries were really dry and hard to chew. But that is good, so that we aren't tempted to over indulge.

They do not have air conditioning here - at least in the building we were in. I don't know about the other building. Since the temperature was high the day we arrived, there was a really quiet fan in our room. There are no screens on the windows, but they all open. However, our room was still too warm. They should put a ceiling fan in this room. I doubt that the lack of air conditioning is an issue here - the temperature in Sausalito must never be overly warm.

I loved staying here, but wish we had a room with a regular shower for my husband.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelSanDiego
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We spent five nights at th Gables Inn and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We chose the Buckeye Room right behind the front desk, as we were traveling with four large suitcases and didn't want to be dragging them up and down stairs. The room was spacious and elegant, though right h the street. Even though it was close to the common area we were not bothered by noise. Staff was extremely kind and helpful. My one complaint was the parking. Not enough spots and hard to maneuver, though they did offer alternate parking close by. Though pricy I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business