“Pleasant and Relaxing Stay”

The Gables Inn Sausalito
Ranked #1 of 1 Sausalito B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 December 2010

We stayed in the Redwood Room and had a good experience overall. The inn's location is excellent, walking distance to all. We had a lovely dinner nearby at a restaurant recommended by the inn. The room was charming and cozy. We really enjoyed the fireplace while relaxing at night. Evening wine and cheese was excellent, but breakfast was somewhat disappointing. It's continental, and if you're not early, there won't be too much to choose from. I heard several guests complaining about the picked-over pastries, but the host did go and check if there were more (there weren't). One complaint was that the carpet in our room looked dirty, even though I'm sure it had been vacuumed and the rest of the room was very clean. If you're going to do cream carpet, you have to shampoo, I guess. Also, a window was slightly cracked and cracked much further when it clattered down in the middle of the night. They were very gracious about it, though. All in all, a good stay in a charming inn with lots of character.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 September 2010

We drove into Sausalito looking for accommodation and found The Gables by chance.

It is a B&B in a well maintained 'historic' establishment with loads of character. The staff are very courteous and helpful. The complimentary happy hour in the evenings with wine and cheese is excellent and was unexpected. A generous gesture that sets The Gables apart. The breakfast was the next surprise, in our travels in the US it was without doubt the best.

The recommendations to eat at Angelina's was excellent.

The Gables is a quality establishment run with care and consideration by quality people.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2010

We were so pleasantly surprised that Sausalito still holds its charm. The Gables Inn is perfect. Lovely accomodations, tea and breakfast so fine but the best part is the owner and the concierge, Mary. She gave wonderful tips and we are not always so inclined to write a review, but this was a must b/c people need to know how great an experience they can have here.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I just returned from a weekend at the Gables Inn and I knew I had to write my first ever review. We were there for my daughters wedding this weekend. We stayed in the the spruce room. It was a beautiful room with wonderful views. The staff were fantastic and so helpful with anything we needed. The location was great because it was close to the main street and had its own door close to the street making it a easy access for coming and going. Want to go back soon.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2010

This Inn was amazing! What can I say, everything about it was charming, relaxing, and friendly.
Mary and Michael were both beyond normal costumer service and I felt like I knew Mary forever. The other two gentleman-whose names I didn't grab-were also very nice. The man who was there when I checked out even printed out a map for me when I decided to take a different route home.
The parking is awesome, only $15 and I left my car there the whole stay. it is close to the ferry into SF, and walking distance to downtown Sausalito.
I stayed in two different rooms, because I booked late, and they moved my stuff over with no problems while I spent the day in the city. I have already booked a return trip. I can't wait. I love my crazy, hectic life, but sometimes it is great to escape it all and I can't think of a better place to do it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2010

Caution! We made a confirmed booking on bookings.com for this Inn, however, upon arrival, found that they had no reservation nor room for us! The Asst. Mgr. was smug and unapologetic. He did call some area hotels to see if there was availability, but in the end, we had to go find ourselves other accommodations. Now we don't know if the error was with bookings.com or the hotel, but with the attitude displayed, we would never stay at The Gables Inn.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
10  Thank NeverStop1432
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We were unimpressed with The Gables in Sausalito. We were given the downstairs room right off the "living room" and next to the visitor's bathroom. Which meant we got to hear everyone's comings and goings at all hours as they did their business (apparently the walls are thin) after hitting the bars. There is a complementary wine bar that is a half hour long so if you blink you miss it. They call themselves a bed and breakfast, but the breakfast is continental, and frankly, I got a better breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express on the road. I would not recommend this hotel (which is honestly what it is) and as a B & B I'd give them a D. The only good thing about this hotel is the location.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank isisinaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sausalito
Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to The Gables Inn Sausalito? Share your experiences!