“A wonderful couple of hours!”
Review of Heath Ceramics

Heath Ceramics
Ranked #5 of 37 Tours in Sausalito
London, England, United Kingdom
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A wonderful couple of hours!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

There is no point in going to Heaths without the factory tour. We were there on a weekday which I highly recommend as it is possible to see the processes in a full and working environment. We were escorted by the wonderful Katie, who although she had only been there 6 months really knew her stuff. It was really educational and interesting to see the hard work and precision in the making of this classic pottery

Visited March 2013

Dutch Flat
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My husband and I received Heathware for our everyday dishes 50 years ago as wedding gifts. Over the years we have enjoyed visiting its Outlet shop to pick up additional pieces to enhance our existing collegtion, tiles, gifts, etc. I can understand the new owners wanting to pursue their own style and direction but those of us with the old tried and true are not being supported with replacements of the patterns we have. The first time we stopped after the change of ownership we were told old patterns would be made on an annual basis so replacement pieces would be available. When I called to place an order I was told told that plan was not going to be pursued and to try eBay, those types of sites. I am still trying 4, 5, 6 years later.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank JulianneAdele
Port Townsend, Washington
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Not much to see -- just another outlet.”
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We hiked over from Fred's, AKA best breakfast in the known universe. It was a lovely walk but there was little to see. If this stuff is special, I sure don't know why. The selection was skimpy and the aesthetic doesn't speak to me. There was nothing to see in the immediate area and we were in and out in 10 minutes. But we walked 40 minutes to get there. Wouldn't do that again!

Visited September 2012
Vancouver, Canada
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Want to go back for the factory tour”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Just a quick stop for the store but we enjoyed what we saw. Heath Ceramics make some beautiful, classic pieces which are definitely an investment. Hope to spend more time there and do a factory tour next time.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Way off the beaten path...without a car”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Was excited to check out this "outlet." It was a hike and a half from the center of Sausalito and the buses were on strike, so I had to take a cab back. Overall, it did feel worth the trip. Nice stuff, but better off getting it online or at the Ferry Building shop.

Visited May 2012