“A gem outside downtown Sausalito”
other travellers have booked this property
Enjoy the gas powered, remote controlled Fireplace and Big Screen TV
View from the Fireplace Guest Bath with tub, hand-held shower head, jacuzzi jets; and WC behind pocket a door.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from the Fireplace
French Doors lead to the Bedroom. Beverage cooler to the left.
Private slate Patio and private entrance.
Sectional Seating Area
View of the living room from the bedroom with the french doors open.
Tub with jacuzzi jets, a hand-held shower head is the oval on the right, bracket on the wall above.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
evansc22
Norphlet, Arkansas
“Nice economy stay - potential downside for some”
Reviewed 31 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Sausalito Stay Review

- Location is great
- Joseph was helpful before the trip (suggested a few things that helped us plan events)
- He provided a tour before leaving us to it
- basic items were provided in the room (snacks, water, coffee, soap, extra pillows, etc)
- fireplace was a nice touch
- having a washer/dryer was a HUGE plus (read: clean clothes before arriving back home)

Other reviewers have mentioned the dark bathroom, no shower, and less than spotless cleanliness. These things were inconveniences rather than deal-breakers. A cup of bleach ran through the jacuzzi tub would have been nice.

The bed, I thought, was comfortable. As for the temp in the room, you pretty well know what you're getting yourself into in San Francisco in May/June (when we visited). It was cool. It only got warm once and we just opened the door for a few minutes. Problem solved.

Overall, my wife and I were satisfied. It was way better than paying the inflated rates elsewhere.

Now for the downside. There was CONSTANT NOISE from above the bedroom. My wife commented, "Are they moving furniture up there?" This wouldn't have been a problem had it not gone on ALL NIGHT, EVERY NIGHT we were there. I'm a pretty light sleeper so YMMV. We had to use a "white noise" phone app to assist in masking the noise. The last night before leaving it was darn near unbearable. I even took a sleep aid before bed. Once I banged on the wall and the noise stopped for a while, but continued. It wasn't the chihuahua either. I heard the dog too, barely, but the bulk of the noise was foot steps with shoes. Not a dulled thump sound from a socked foot. This was full on office style sounding shoes. CLACK-CLACK-CLACK. A few times it sounded as if something heavy fell off a table. Who knows. Doesn't matter. We got very little sleep.

Joseph, if you deny the noise, then your place is haunted. It was there.

Besides the noise, everything else was great. I would totally stay again but I think these guys like to stay up all night and perhaps sleep during the day. Not for us.

Management Response
8 Jun 2015
First off, I apologize for any noise. I wish that The Guest had notified me when it first happened rather than endure it "all night, every night" and only bring it up later in a review.

We try to create an environment that Guests can communicate any problems freely, whether they are important (like when every light in the bathroom was lit, the WC exhaust fan was on, the Jacuzzi tub motor was running and the addition of an industrial-strength hair dryer plunged them into darkness...I just ran down and pushed the GFI button) or when they aren't so important (like when a Guest broke a wine opener and needed an emergency replacement - no problem).

As to the noise...we don't keep "Dracula Hours"...I don't remember the last time that I was awake late enough to watch "The Tonight Show" (BTW, how's that Conan Guy doing?). There are always bathroom breaks and midnight snacks and other reasons that could have been annoying. My first solution is to get a larger area rug to cover the hardwood floor on the level above the bed. That would be a lot easier than finding an Exorcist to remedy the Guest's option of blaming a Ghost. I take the blame and will solve the problem. And if it happens again, I hope that future Guests will not be reticent to bring it (or any issue) to my attention.
TomFarm64
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“A gem outside downtown Sausalito”
Reviewed 2 February 2015 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Joseph's place was just what we needed. It was quiet, well appointed and clean. Joseph was most knowledgeable and friendly, and never intrusive. We were there in the summer so it did get a bit warm, but Joseph had provided a fan. Would love to go back when it's colder and take advantage of the fireplace! We did just fine with the microwave and fridge; just like a hotel, but only more cozy and bigger room. Definitely appropriately priced. Very strongly recommended! Thanks, Joseph!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good price for the accommodations
Liked least: Shower would have been nice. But not a big deal.
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
Stephanie...
“Couldn't ask for more!”
Reviewed 11 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

This little suite was absolutely wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed staying. The owner had everything in place and ready even though we were extremely delayed and arrive very late. The suite was clean and very organized. It was so nice having a washer and dryer. He had complementally water, juice, coffee, tea and milk and several snacks laid out on the table. I found everything I needed including a rubber band and honey for my tea! I will definitely stay here again! Thanks Joseph!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Santa Cruz, California
“An Absolute Gem!”
Reviewed 13 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014
people found this review helpful

This adorable little hideaway was perfect in every way. Great location, beautifully furnished and decorated and Joseph made sure we had everything we needed and then some. The pictures do not lie, this place is beautiful! There is a coffee pot and coffee, snacks and beverages available too. This is a wonderful suite for an incredible value. If you're looking for a quiet place in Sausalito in a great location, this is the place for you. Our only regret is that we only planned to stay one night; next time our stay will be longer.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Location and comfortable furniture
Liked least: The bed was a little soft for me.
1plantdor...
Long Beach, California
“Relaxing location, close to everything”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Joseph was a great host and the location of this rental made it so simple to spend a relaxing few days walking Sausalito after a hectic SF weekend.

Stephan C
San Dimas, California
“"Comfortable, spacious"”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

Overall, this little 1st level suite conversion is roomier and more comfortable than a typical hotel room. The picture given is exactly what you get - a nice half circle sofa, fireplace, fast internet, and cable TV.
I did not have a chance to chat with the owner later, but I hope this review will serve as suggestions to him for future guests. First, not having a shower is a real disappointment. I personally (as well as most others) don't care to plant my naked rear end in a bath tub where hundreds of others have been) - I just can't get any sort of comfort level there. The shower wand does not function, so you have option but to take a bath. Please try to put a shower head in - it's a real point of contention for many of your customers I'm sure.
Second - an ice machine would be nice. thank you for bringing down a bucket of ice for me. There were several other times I wish I had ice, but did not want to constantly call you. Third, blinds or shutters on the room would help for privacy. Fourth, your bed is extremely squeaky - you cannot sit down on it, roll over in it, fluff a pillow etc without it making a huge racket. And lastly, a small circulation fan of some sort would keep the bedroom cool - we got very warm in there!
It's a great place, and with my suggestions, it would be fantastic!

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Quiet neighborhood - close to downtown Sausalito.
Liked least: Taking a bath - no shower available!
Indianapolis
Reviewed 1 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing